I have 3-4 days to spend in Salzburg.
1. Any suggestions on reasonably priced hotels near the main train station? I want to be close to transportation (train/busses)
2. I was planning on doing the Hohenwefen fortress, mirabell gardens, mozart house, schools leopldskron. can i get to all of these with public transportation or should i buy a pass on those hop on hop off tourist busses? I want to be as economical as possible. Also, with these attractions in mind, is it worth for me to buy that pass everyone says allows free access to some of the attractions?
3. I want to visit the Werfen ice caves. How far is this? Should I take a day tour or should I go by public transportation on my own?
4. Hallstatt- by bus or train? or should I take a tour there?
5. Having all these things in mind, should I go back to Salzburg or should I stay in Werfen/Hallstatt? I am leaving to Budapest after Salzburg. Hotels seem to be very expensive in Salzburg.
I don't want to do the typical tourist tours. I want to take a run early in the morning around town, hike, bike around the city, take a dip on a lake if possible, have a picnic somewhere around nature. Any suggestions?!
Hi! I'm going to Salzburg last week of july, and I need somewhere cheap to sleep. I have found a camping which is 8 km far from Salzburg, near Koppl, it's cheap and I like it. But I have a problem, because I have no car (not driving license), and I will move in public transport. Can anyone please tell me if there is a bus line between Koppl and Salzburg?
My wife and I are planning to visit Salzburg from 4th to 7th of July and travel to Budapest from there. We would also like to travel to Gmunden to visit the Thomas Bernhard Haus.
I would like to know the following information about the the best way to travel to Gmunden and Budapest in the following two scenarios. We are on a budget and cannot afford a taxi.
1) We travel to Gmunden from Salzburg on Sunday morning and stay at Gmunden for a night and travel to Budapest from there on Monday morning. Are there buses? Is this too compliacted?
2) We make a day trip to Gmunden on Saturday and travel to Budapest on Monday from Salzburg.
Also, do you have any information if Thomas Bernhard Haus is open on Sunday?
Thank you so much.
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|