Sanibel Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sanibel Island versus Destin

by chonnier Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Hi - this is our first time in this part of FL...can you recommend a beach for a family that the kiddos can enjoy both sand and water?

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • what's the attire this time of year

by sczech4513 Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM

We're leaving for Sanibel Island Saturday - wha't's the attire this time of year? Shorts and t-shirts or something a little warmer?

2 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • HELP, ITS RAINING!! WHAT TO DO?????

by WODmom Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM

With a flight delay of one whole day, pouring rain and a forecast showing rain all week.....we need some suggestions of what to do on Sanibel/Captiva???? Sitting in our condo with my 4 boys, is an option only if I hope to go CRAZY! There are flights home tomorrow that I am considering???

2 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    • water taxi

by 5bbqshrimp Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM

are there water taxi's from sanibel island to panama city

3 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 5:37 AM
    • captsteve7's Profile Photo

Best unit at Ocean's Reach Condominium

by captsteve7 Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM

My family and I are going to stay at Ocean's Reach on Sanibel for Spring Break 2014. We just can't decide which unit to choose. We know we want either the 3rd or the 4th floor.

We've seen all the online photos and visited numerous site, but would love some direct comments.

Have any of you VTers stayed at Ocean's Reach? What was your condo number? How was the decor? The amenities? Things to look for or avoid? Etc.

Thanks!

3 Answers May 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    • Restaurants on Sanibel

by Bartholet Online Now Aug 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Is it possible to receive the rating list of restaurants on Sanibel?

2 Answers Aug 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    • Sanibel, Captiva, Marco, or Ft. Myers Beach?

by brehm020 Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM

My wife and I are going down to the gulf side of Florida this December with another couple. We want to be on a nice beach, with access to 20-somethings nightlife (i.e. fun bars...but not too crazy). I'm considering Sanibel, Captiva, Marco and Ft. Myers beach, and am wondering where would be the best fit for the four of us? Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 Answers May 11, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    • Sanibel Island vs. Naples

by aladzz-m Online Now Jan 18, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Hi
      We're a family of 4 (two young children age 2 & 5). we are thinking of making trip to Florida in mid-to-late may and want to stop for 2-3 days at a nice beach city. we're debating between Naples or Sanibel Island. We will be coming from DisneyWorld so we just want a pretty beach we can relax at for a few days and I don't think we'll be doing too much sight seeing. Price wise I think Sanibel will be better but I'm not sure. Our criteria is: a)fair pricing on accomodation and dining; b)good, relaxing beach c)maybe a few side things to see.
      if you think there are cities that we would enjoy more, let me know, but I've been to Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Miami and Daytona and I think I want to do something different.
      Thank you.

3 Answers Jan 18, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    • water temps

by frederikranke Online Now Dec 1, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Hi,

how warm/cool is the water normally in January/February?

Best
      Frederik

3 Answers Dec 17, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    • transportation

by Riesie Online Now Oct 24, 2010 at 3:52 PM

What does it cost to go across bridge on a moped? WHat do they charge per hour to park a moped on the beach?

• Night Life

by curtdog10 Online Now Oct 20, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Hey guys and gals, I was just wondering if there is a decent night life on Sanibel Island? We are thinking of making a trip and if looks beautifull, but we would also like to do a little partying. Thanks in advance

3 Answers Oct 21, 2010 at 4:23 AM
    • Gyms on Sanibel

by DogPerson Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Does anyone know of any gyms on Sanibel Island? Not looking for anything fancy, just basic weight training equipment.
      Thanks,
      Ellen

2 Answers May 5, 2011 at 7:45 AM
    • Sanibel in September 2010

by DogPerson Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 10:17 PM

We are two adults with two dogs and are thinking of staying three or four nights on Sanibel after Labor Day in September. We are looking for a decent, clean but not luxurious, dog-friendly cottage on or very near a shelling beach. I am always looking for a good deal. Do any of you know of any specials currently available on Sanibel? Any suggestion on dog-friendly accomodiations?

3 Answers May 5, 2011 at 7:37 AM
    • hi

by m.matroni Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 5:17 PM

hi I was wondering if Coquina beach is a pet friendly beach if not would you know of one around the area? Thank you for your time, miranda

1 Answer Jun 11, 2010 at 4:32 AM
    • Vacation in August

by BillinStLou Online Now Mar 12, 2010 at 4:34 PM

We're planning a trip in August and are considering Sanibel. Will it be too hot, even on the ocean? What about those no-see-ums? When are they out and can they be avoided? We hear they come out at dusk. Are they out all night?

2 Answers Aug 26, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    • place to stay on sanibel island

by tinysmom Online Now Oct 23, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Where is a good place to stay on Sanibel Island? We are two adults who plan to ride bicycles and fish.

4 Answers Aug 26, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    • Tobacco Shoppes

by KariC Online Now Apr 5, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Wondering if there are any stores on Sanibel that sell Djarum (clove) cigarettes.

• Sanibel in June

by Nancydf Online Now Feb 8, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I am planning a trip to Sanibel in June 2009. What is the humidity like at that time? Are there no-see-ums then? And I have heard that the shelling is better in the winter months. How drastic of a difference is there with the shelling in June?

I have been there in December (cold), August (no-see-ums), and April. Love it there no matter what!

Thanks for any replies.

• jez25's Profile Photo

SandPiper West

by jez25 Online Now Sep 7, 2008 at 7:10 PM

We are looking for a luxury three bedroom condo in Sanibel for the week of 2/7/2009.
      Does anyone know of SandPiper West? Also, we would love any other suggestions.

Thanks all.

• Pet Friendly

by mjwdew Online Now Aug 18, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Does anyone know of any restaurants that allow you to sit outside and eat with your dog? I've heard there are some on the island

2 Answers Oct 6, 2008 at 6:10 PM
    • Hotels on Sanibel....Walking distance to beach?

by tangeyj Online Now Apr 25, 2008 at 5:02 PM

I've always wanted to go looking for shells in Sanibel and I think I'm going to actually do it now. I'm planning on going by myself (mostly because no one else has the shelling obsession I do and it's all I plan on doing while there ;) so I'd like to find the best place to stay that will allow me to possibly walk to a great shelling beach. I'll be renting a car so more important than it's location to the beach is safety as I am a single female. Any suggestions?

5 Answers May 31, 2008 at 7:07 PM
    • shohman's Profile Photo

Seahorse Cottages

by shohman Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 5:23 AM

has anyone stayed here? We are spending a weekend in Sanibel in March and the reviews online are favorable, but I'd like input from VT'ers. I trust you more ;)

• Sanibel/Captiva wedding

by muckyduck Online Now Dec 26, 2007 at 7:21 PM

My fiance and I are planning an october 2008 wedding in Captiva. We stayed at South Seas last March during our first stay on the islands and were blown away. We're thinking of going back there to have the ceremony. Any advice/opinion on weather in October? Groom's dinner options (captiva cruises, Green Flash, Key Lime Bistro?) We'd like for at least the wedding party to stay at South Seas but understand it might be a little too pricey for everyone. Any other recommendations for places that would be equally beautiful. We welcome any and all advice!!! Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 24, 2010 at 6:33 AM
    • austriangirl68's Profile Photo

sanibel island

by austriangirl68 Online Now Nov 13, 2007 at 8:49 AM

we are planning our marriage at the beach of Sanible Island therefore we are looking for a beautiful romantic hotel on the island for 6 days.
      could someone recommend an accomodation??
      thanks in advance
      eva

3 Answers Jan 7, 2008 at 12:51 AM
    • BrocksMomma's Profile Photo

Questions about Sanibel Island

by BrocksMomma Online Now Jun 27, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Would you recommend biking around the island for a day visit? Which bike rental shop would you suggest, Finnimore's or Billy's Bike rentals? OR- Is the there a different bike rental option? Is there a place close to these shops that we can park our car for the day? Is there a fee? What's the weather like in February? Any restaurant suggestions for lunch?...We're NOT big fans of seafood and were traveling with a 2 year old. Any great bike trails we can't miss out on?

1 Answer Jul 8, 2007 at 3:02 PM
    • squidbeak's Profile Photo

6 Days in Sanibel or Sarasota

by squidbeak Online Now Apr 15, 2007 at 11:13 AM

I will be crossing the state of Florida to explore the other coast and am looking at Sanibel Island or Sarasota. I am wondering if 6 days is too long to be in Sanibel. Depending on who you ask, different people say it gets boring once you picked the shells and gone to the State Park. I love the art in Sarasota, it is my next choice. I think there is more to do there for 6 days. I am bringing my two dogs, Sylvester, a 6 lb. maltese and Buster Brown a 7 Lb. miniature pincture.

3 Answers Apr 22, 2007 at 8:46 PM
    • Red Algae?

by blodg1 Online Now Jan 27, 2007 at 11:40 AM

To you who live there..........am thinking I need a trip to the warm, specifically FLA and am looking at the Naples/Sanibel area.
      Have never been there but heard about a current problem with red algae and/or a red tide?
      Is this a current problem and, if so, how would it affect a visit?
      Thanks for any info.

2 Answers Feb 20, 2007 at 10:08 AM
    • where to stay ? questions about Sanibel Harbour Resort

by Crystall Online Now Jan 26, 2007 at 5:54 PM

I am planning on visiting a relative in Shell Point Village which is located in Ft. Myers, just before the Sanibel bridge. I have heard there is construction going on with the bridge. Has anyone stayed recently at the Sanibel Harbour Resort which is located just before the bridge? Is it noisy with the construction? Would the bridge construction make driving back and forth on the bridge difficult if staying on Sanibel. I love Sanibel and have been there many times. Just looking for a convienent and nice place to stay while visting. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 12, 2007 at 11:38 AM
    • Tortuga Beach Club Resort

by pls1018 Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 11:51 AM

I am thinking of spending my honeymoon on Sanibel Island at the Tortuga in Oct.('07). Does anyone have any info to share about this resort itself? We're only going for 4 nights/5 days but want a nice, private place.

• Weather in June

by ksmith13 Online Now Jan 4, 2007 at 7:32 AM

I am thinking of traveling to Sanible/Captiva in June and I'm trying to find out how much it rains? Hotels I've called have said it only rains in the late afternoon but I'l love to hear what others have encountered. Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 6, 2007 at 8:47 AM