Sanibel Island Travel Answers

change location

Sanibel, Captiva, Marco, or Ft. Myers Beach?

by brehm020 Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM

My wife and I are going down to the gulf side of Florida this December with another couple. We want to be on a nice beach, with access to 20-somethings nightlife (i.e. fun bars...but not too crazy). I'm considering Sanibel, Captiva, Marco and Ft. Myers beach, and am wondering where would be the best fit for the four of us? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Sanibel, Captiva, Marco, or Ft. Myers Beach?

by patricebryan Online Now May 11, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Sanibel/Captiva has the most beautiful beaches on the planet and it is over half eco-preserve; however, it is not a party island. There is little nightlife. Very little. No 20s clubs for sure. The biggest nightlife I can think of is watching the sunset at the Mucky Duck. After that things pretty much clear out and the island is asleep by 10. There is a movie theater. That being said, it is a must see. If I were you--20 somethings who like to party--I'd book Fort Myers and pop across the causeway to do a day trip to Sanibel. JDing darling is a must see and the best shelling beach and snorkeling is at Turner Beach at Blind Pass. Bring a good camera. The photos are stunning.
    I've been going there for 10 years; there may be a bar I've missed. I hope a local posts, cause I can't think of a single one.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Sanibel, Captiva, Marco, or Ft. Myers Beach?

by patricebryan Online Now May 11, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Actually, I just thought of one bar--Doc Ford's on Sanibel. They also have excellent food. The blender drinks are kind of pre-fabby tasting so avoid them.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines