Sanibel Island Travel Answers

change location

Down to Three - Which one??!!

by dooganlulu Online Now Dec 30, 2003 at 10:25 AM

Okay. A new post...I am down to three accomodations now: 1. Sunshine Island Inn 2. Palm View Motel 3. Sandpiper Inn Sunshine Island Inn is the cheapest and the only one with a pool. But Palm View Motel and Sandpiper Inn offer complimentary bikes (which will be our primary form of transportation on the vacation). Any opinions??

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • babybird's Profile Photo

Re: Down to Three - Which one??!!

by babybird Online Now Jan 29, 2004 at 11:35 AM

Sanibel Island generally carries to a higher-class and more discriminating type of tourist. In general, there really aren't any "flea-bag" resorts out there at all. (As you've seen already, the rates somewhat reflect that.) To give you an idea, I know of NO homes or condos out there where the asking price is less than at least500,000 and up. ALL of the resorts are respectable. Reputation is EVERYTHING to Sanibel businesses. Perhaps the best way to decide would be to carefully review all of the amenities and decide which ones fulfill your personal needs the best. I can tell you this much, NONE of them are bad places to stay. It's just that some are closer to the actual water than others. Decide your priorities and you should have a very enjoyable experience on Sanibel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines