Sanibel Island Travel Answers

change location

A good place to stay in Sanibel Island area?

by Lovesbeaches Online Now Jul 14, 2003 at 12:11 PM

After much debate between my husband and myself he has decided on Florida over the carribean for now. So in two weeks we are considering a trip to the Sanibel Island area. At first we looked at the Keyes but since other members on here told us that the beaches weren't the greatest...we decided to try this area. We love a white beach, shelling and pretty water. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay in this area? We are looking at Diamondhead, Lover's Key, Lani Kai and Best Western Pink Shell Resort. Does anyone know anything good or bad about these resorts? Any help or suggestions are appreciated and thanks to all who have answered my keys questions.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: A good place to stay in Sanibel Island area?

by sonislife Online Now Jul 18, 2003 at 9:14 AM

Sanibel is wonderful if you are looking for a romantic, elegant place. Sanibel resort is good, stayed there myself. Lani Kai I do not recommend at all unless you're into the springbreak type hotels where partying is your theme. Pink Shell is cute, has little cottages with a little area (kind of like your own beach but nothing too fancy). It's not like super modern but clean. Diamondhead nice and clean. I definitely do not recommend Lani Kai (and a co-worker of mine totally agrees) unless you can deal with hearing the band play until 2 am, like to party and don't mind the oggling men tend to do with all the women. (there's a tatoo place or piercing place at the bottom, does that give a clue?)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines