• Jammerman's Profile Photo

transport option Flam to Sogndal

Norway Jun 20, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Wanting to know if there is bus service between Flam and Sogndal

more

Transport Geiranger to Lom and Jotunheimen

Lom Jun 13, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Is their bus service fr/Geiranger to Lom and vice versa? having a hard time finding this information. If so what company? and i assume not before mid June? Also if get to Lom , if looking to get to Lodgings to south on west side of Jotunheimen is their any transport , or is it only the bus that heads south to Sogndal?
      thanks for any information

more

Norway bus

Norway Jun 9, 2015 at 11:40 AM

does anyone know if there is bus service between Geiranger and Lom(Jotunheimen) in Norway

more

Transportation option to /from Jotunheimen

Norway Jun 6, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is bus service from Geiranger to Lom (Jotunheimen), I can not seem to find such. Also is there bus/shuttle service to lodgings on west side of Jotunheimen from Lom , specifically the Boverdalen Vandrerhjeim hostel. Is there access into Park from Hostel area if one does not have car. Also planning to continue via bus to Sogndal- i see that this is possible? I know i can access Lom via bus from Oppdal , but in planning my itinerary getting to from Geiranger is ideal.

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Honningsvag question, any photo ops noting this very northern point? And.

Norway May 31, 2015 at 8:24 AM

In Honningsvag are there any photo ops noting this very northern point? Or something like in Key West for the most southern point in the US. We will be there mid June on a cruise and, any suggested things to see too, all suggestions are appreciated. Where is the Ice Bar and it worth it?

more
    • FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Flåm train - best time of a day to take it

Norway Jun 23, 2015 at 6:12 AM

We are trying to book the Flåm train ride (beginning of September) but would appreciate some specific help:
      Q1: We will drive around touring the Fjord district, including have the view from top of the Geirangerfjord and the Sognefjord. Is the Flåm train ride still necessary (i.e., will we see something unique that we cannot see otherwise)?

Q2: The reviews we read were, the train ride would be fantastic (IF the answer to Q1 above is yes) ONLY IF a) not many tourists overcrowded the train; and b) not raining.
      Is there 'micro climate' thing at the train ride area, which means, will it be more likely to rain in the morning or afternoon (understanding that this may not be possible to predict)? Basically the question is what would be the best time to ride the train avoiding tourist crowds and avoid rain?

Thanks in advance!
      Mei

more
    • Glacier tours

Norway Jun 13, 2015 at 5:21 AM

Where is best place to take a glacier hike of 1-3 hours long with a guide? How to make reservations? Thanks

more
    • Transportation in Hellesylt

Norway Jun 13, 2015 at 5:19 AM

Four of us arrive by cruise ship Aug 20 from 0900 until 1700 and would like to hire a car with driver or just a car. Any suggestions?

more
    • Transportation in Hellesylt

Norway Jun 13, 2015 at 5:15 AM

Four of us arrive by cruise ship Aug 20 from 0900 until 1700 and would like to hire a car with driver or just a car. Any suggestions?

more
    • Camping for 30 people

Oslo Jun 25, 2015 at 3:15 AM

We are 30 friends comming to Oslo this July and we want to go camp into wilderness near Oslo. Does anyone know where we could rent tents/canoes and suggest some route? Or maybe there is some tour company doing this? I tried first pages of google search but could not find any companies offering this..
      Thanks

more
    • Miniature train?

Kristiansand Jun 16, 2015 at 6:38 AM

My memory is unclear from our last visit. Is there a miniature train from the pier to the center of town?

more
    • Honningsvag

Norway Jun 13, 2015 at 5:05 AM

4 of us arrive by cruise ship in August and need transportation to Nordkapp? Any suggestions?

more
    • Where to stay between Geiranger and Flam?

Norway Jun 11, 2015 at 12:15 PM

I will be touring the area between Geiranger and Flam in the third week of August. My question is what is the most scenic route and where are the best places to stay? Also, do I need to have reservations at hotels in advance or will there be plenty of availability of hotels during that time frame? I prefer not making reservations in advance so I can just tour and drive and stop when I get ready. I have a rental car. Thanks in advance for any advice.

more
    • FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Rent an automatic car from Alesund; going through Oslo airport custom

Norway Jun 22, 2015 at 6:35 AM

We planned to rent an automatic car from Alesund and drive all the way via fjord and back to Bergen (and makes numerous stops on the way). However, a few rental companies we searched, renting an automatic car will NOT be possible (we do not know how to drive a standard shift car).

Anyone had the experience renting an automatic car from Alesund (airport or in town), how was it arranged?

Unfortunately, we have already bought the ticket from USA to Alesund (via Oslo). When arrive Oslo, do we take out the luggage, go through the customer, then put the luggage back to the flight to Alesund, OR go through the custom at the Alesund? If the latter is possible, we may consider give up the last leg (if changing tickets is too costly)?

Any quick advice would be highly appreciated!
      Thanks.
      Mei

more
    • Honningsvag

Norway Jun 13, 2015 at 5:06 AM

4 of us arrive by cruise ship in August and need transportation to Nordkapp? Any suggestions?

more
    • GPS Navigation / POI warning legal ?

Norway May 30, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Dear Forum members from Norway,
      I hope somebody from Norway can give me an answer to below question.

Actual Navigation System have ( for example Garmin / TOMTOM ) a build in POI warning wich include warnings for speed cameras as well.

I tryed several sources to find a proved answer if the use of these poi-warnings are legal with norway law, or not.

For example the German ADAC says "no is not" the Austriam ÖAMC says "yes - you can" and the manufacurers of the navigation systems have only "maybe, and maybe not" as an answer.

Hopefully there is somebody from Norway who can give me an actual valid answer based on actual norwegian law on this question:

Is it legal to use navigation systems with buildt in POI warnings for speed cameras in Norway ????

BRGDS
      Andreas from Germany

more