Sandusky

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 6 days in Sandusky

by spacy88 Online Now May 25, 2011 at 7:51 PM

We are coaster lovers and are planning a 6 days vacation in Sandusky and would like to know which is the best month for visit. Beside Cedar Points, what are the other must visit places in Sandusky and its surroundings.

Any suggestion on 3 or 4* hotel or apartment where public transportation is convenient, as we do not drive.

Thank you

2 Answers May 28, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    • Recommendation for a waterfront hotel for couple-no children

by tallpianogrl Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 9:51 AM

We will be spending only one night in Sandusky. Please recommend a waterfront hotel for a couple with no children. We need restaurant and would like to be able to take an evening boat cruise on Sunday, July 11. Please advise.
      Thank you,
      Nancy
      tallpiangorl@bellsouth.net

2 Answers Jun 15, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    • Which Waterpark or similar attraction is best value for adults?

by Xenokitten Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Hello my birthday is next month and we're planning to go to an indoor waterpark resort. I'll be turning 29. My mom is 48, my grandma is 67, and my best friend is 25. We went to Kalahari in December and really enjoyed it.

I don't really enjoy waterslides. I love roller coasters but my experience on slides has been less than pleasant (rafts tipping over, including flipping completely upside down, water getting up my nose/face/etc.) It's not that I find them too scary, just rather unpleasant. I did force myself to go on several of them, for the sake of my best friend who loves them, but I always feel like I'm forcing myself to do so.

I do however love lazy rivers, wave pools, log rides, swimming, and hot tubs. I think I read that kalahari has the longest lazy river.

If there were any resorts in the area that featured more pools/hottub/spa like ammenities and less slides I'd be interested in that.

I also went to Splash Lagoon in Erie last summer. It was ok. Only had a day pass there. It was really hot outside and inside it was too hot and the water temperature felt way too hot too. That was my main complaint. I did love the fact that splash lagoon had an adult only hot tub. I thought that was really nice. But the overall atmosphere and service and attractions at kalahari seemed much more exciting.

I really did not like the food at Kalahari. We had the 40 dollar great karoo gift card thing. It was disgusting I thought. Must be an acquired taste cuz it gets good reviews. Just I didn't like the sauces and seasonings that accompanied most meals.

By contrast, although I've never visited, I do happen to know that Castaway Bay has a TGIFriday's on location, which cassual family dining would appeal to me more than some fancy acquired taste locale.

I did really like the petting zoo and feeding the animals at Kalahari. The indoor surfing was also fun. I'm also a huge gamer and loved the arcade. Minigolf was fun also.

We'll be staying for 3 or 4 nights next month so I want somewhere with a nice atmosphere in the lobby/suites. I also enjoyed the room decor of kalahari... but I am interested in hearing about other waterparks or resorts which feature some of the things I've highlighted here.

Thoughts/suggestions?

I'm currently located in Twinsburg Ohio. My family/best friend are from PA (about halfway between pittsburgh and erie.) Any suggestion should be within 4-5 hours drive from either location. Thank you for your time and consideration.

I can't decide. So far leaning towards returning to Kalahari. But I also know that Cedar Point will be open by my birthday, and Castaway Bay's prices seem cheap considering it comes with free tickets to Cedar Point as well as use of the indoor/onsite waterpark. But the waterpark itself is very small 35,000 square feet, where as kalahari is 125,000 square feet. I also dunno what the weather will be like by mid may. Might be a little cold still especially with it being right off of lake erie. I do love Cedar point though. Only been there once, but it was amazing.

Gah can't make up my mind lol.

Summary (looking for:):
      Relaxation (heavy focus on spas, saunas, wave pools, large swimming pools, hot tubs, lazy rivers, raging rapid type rides (probably would have to be inside cedar point to find such a ride but its my favorite ride XD)
      Atmosphere/Decor
      Good Food (preferably chain/well known restaurants)
      Adult Only attractions are a really big plus
      Ones with animals are a plus
      Arcade/dry attractions are another huge plus

Can anyone make some reccomendations?

1 Answer Apr 14, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    • 1207@vtmail.com

by 1207 Online Now Jun 7, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Is your restraunt open on Sunday? Can you accomodate an early dinner for 11 for a young lady's 95th birthday on Sunday the 22 of June? If not, can you make a recommendation at another restraunt...she really wants good lake perch! Thank you, Janet Phillips

1 Answer Jun 7, 2008 at 10:18 PM
    • garethNZ's Profile Photo

Getting to Cedar Point

by garethNZ Online Now Nov 1, 2006 at 12:01 AM

Hello, I was hoping to travel to Sandusky from Niagara on a greyhound bus, but read somewhere it drops you no where near any transport to Cedar Point. Is there a better way to get to Cedar Point from Niagara? or can I get easily get there from where ever the greyhound bus stops?
      Ta

• bevjerry's Profile Photo

Ferry To Canada?

by bevjerry Online Now Jan 6, 2006 at 6:00 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a ferry that runs from the Sandusky area to Canada? We're planning a trip in late August to Ingersol, Ontario. It's about halfway between Detroit and Toronto. We'll probably be starting from the Cleveland area and wondered if a ferry might save a lot of driving.

6 Answers Apr 21, 2006 at 8:18 PM
    • ccjebediah's Profile Photo

What about the city?

by ccjebediah Online Now Aug 17, 2005 at 1:20 PM

Hi,
      There's a job I'm thinking of applying for in Sandusky. It seems every posting on here is about Cedar Point! Would anybody be able to tell me what the city itself is like? Is it a nice place to live?
      Thanks,
      Chris

1 Answer Aug 31, 2005 at 1:18 PM
    • Comfort Inn Sandusky

by rpmx1000 Online Now Feb 6, 2003 at 3:15 PM

Has anyone ever stayed at the Comfort Inn at 5509 Milan Road? What's it like?