change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Poling's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendation for steak

London 3 hours ago

Will be living around King Cross underground. Would like to know if there is a restaurant for steak? No need to be very famous/expensive but just an ordinary dinner. How much is expected for a family dinner for two? Thanks.

more
    • Planning short visit using public transportation (Ulster Bus, day trips and popular tours)

Northern Ireland Jul 26, 2015 at 11:09 AM

I arrive Dublin end of August. Have been to Belfast previously on day trip also Mourne Mountains region.
      I will not be driving and need some help please on best way to accomplish sightseeing taking several day trips. I looked for a short coach tour which would include sightseeing and hotel but did not see anything listed on UK tour sites. Which city is good choice as base? Are there more tours out of Belfast? Might like to take 3 or 4 scenic tours and did see Carrickfergus on one of the brochures I received from tourist office in NYC. Have not been to this town previously.

If I can pack it in might like to visit Titanic exhibit and if staying in hotel would like to take walks (if its safe enough for solo traveler) in evening, to see city historic places. I am active and enjoy walking and hiking.

Would appreciate hearing from members with some suggestions, also some hotels that I might consider, or B&B guest houses in case accommodation is limited since its peak season. What area of Belfast is good for overnights or what other towns where I can get good bus routes to some of the scenic areas making stops. Will need to return to Dublin or areas close to Enniskillen for next leg of journey. Many thanks to all.

more
    • Adam_uk's Profile Photo

Kent - Art/Pottery day course

Ashford Jul 8, 2015 at 3:32 AM

Hi,

I'm soon going to Kent (near Ashford) and was wondering if anyone knows of any painting/art/pottery days within around an hour drive of Ashford? I've found several places for doing long-term courses or paint a plate/pot sort of thing, but wondering if there are any places which offer a one day painting/pottery class? I'm going next week, so probably am too late :-) Don't worry about searching for me, but if you do know somewhere or someone who offers a day workshop/experience, let me know :-)

Adam

more
    • Transit Visa

Heathrow Jul 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM

This is in continuation to my earlier question answered by you. My airlines says that I need to check in the baggage again(though I will be having hand baggage only).
      So the facts are that
      1. I am Indian citizen having a valid canada visa
      2. will need to change terminals 2 to 4 for taking the connecting air canada flight. (Air india and air canada flight tickets booked on same ticket with a time gap of 3 hrs)
      3. Airlines say that I need to check in the baggage again (though I will be having hand baggage only).

So what do you suggest should I get the transit visa and which type

more
    • Stay in terminal 3=going through security again??

Heathrow 9 hours ago

We have a short layover at Heathrow. We are arriving from the USA on British Airways in terminal 3 and departing for Prague from terminal 3 in an hour and 20 minutes on British Airways. Will we have to go through security again? If so, will we have enough time? We don't travel until November so we do have time to reschedule out flights if this is going to be a problem. (I have heard horror stories about Heathrow from many of my friends.)

more
    • Clothing shop

Callander Jul 22, 2015 at 1:55 AM

My family and I was holidaying in Callander recently and my daughter found a Barbour jacket at a clothing shop on the main street, the sleeves were a little short, but as we live near the Barbour factory we have asked them if they can make one specially. However they need the design ticket number. So I need to contact the shop. It was quite a large shop in the main street. Can anyone help?

AbbieT2

more
    • adventure holidays for families?

Scotland Jul 21, 2015 at 4:43 AM

Are there any adventure holiday companies for Scotland that are suitable for families?

Planning on going in September/October.

I've found http://www.wildernessscotland.com - has anyone tried them?

Thanks for your help guys

more
    • Brittany Ferry to St Malo, France/Loire Valley Chateaus

Portsmouth Jul 15, 2015 at 1:05 PM

would like to take ferry from Portsmouth to St. Malo - to see Mont St Michel and chateaus in Loire Valley. Going in October - 3 adults with suitcases, no cars. Arrival is on a Sunday - what is the best way to get around once we arrive in "Bretagne" (St. Malo)?
      thanks

more
    • Kew Explorer

Kew Gardens Jul 8, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Do we have to board the Kew Explorer at Victoria Gate? We will arrive at Elizabeth Gate and would like to board near there first.

more
    • Transit from Heathrow while flying from Dublin to Delhi

Heathrow Jul 3, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Hi, 

I want to travel from Dublin to Delhi by British Airways. I am an Indian passport holder currently in Ireland on Work Permit. I have Irish GNIB card. I need to Change terminal from T5 to T2 for connecting flight. Do I need transit visa in this case?

Thanks !!

Regards, Nitesh

more
    • mahalheart's Profile Photo

buckingham palace tour

London Yesterday

I arrive at 11;30 am at heathrow terminal 2,   I plan on making a reservation for a 2 hour buckingham palace tour   in september  at 1515    3;15 PM    do I have enought time to take the train  to make the 315 pm tour  I want to be there no at least half an hour before the tour starts

more
    • Kings Cross underground picadilly line to National Rail to York

London Yesterday

I will be coming from Heathrow via the tube on the Piccadilly line to Kings Cross and have booked tickets to travel to York on the East Coast National Rail. Can I ask is the tube line in the same location as the National Rail for this connection? I'm guessing the tube is underground and the rail above it? correct? or please give me detailed instructions on how to make this connection with luggage in tow.

more
    • transit visa

Heathrow Jul 30, 2015 at 7:28 AM

I am an Indian Citizen. I shall be travelling to Canada. My Flight AI115 shall arrive at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4at 11:55 hours on 30th Aug,2015. Then the flight AI7309 departs at 15:00 hours same day after a gap of just 3 hours from terminal 2.
      I have a valid visa for canada. Please let me know whether I need a transit visa for UK? If yes, then what type? I aso have following queries: while changing the terminals in heathrow ie from terminal 2 to 4 will i be leaving the airport, will i be aiside or landside and will i be crossing uk border.

more
    • Early morning bus or train to Stansted?

London Jul 29, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I need a bus or train on early morning (4 am) to go on Stansted and take a flight on 6:30am from Great Dover Street or Waterloo Station.

How difficult can it be? I'm checking all coaches/bus sites and find nothing.

more
    • Meeting passengers transferring flights at Heathrow

Ascot Yesterday

My daughter is flying in to Terminal 4 and then taking the Flight Connections free bus to Terminal 3 where her flight takes off 3 hours later. Am I right in assuming I will be able to meet her in Departures at T3 for a while before she then has to go back through security and flies back to the USA?

Thank you!

more
    • Harwich, England to Edinburgh, Scotland

Harwich Jul 23, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Any information on train that goes from Harwich to
      Cambridge to Peterborough to Edinburgh?

more
    • Highlander

Edinburgh Jul 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Where could I find one shop or outlet where I can find Highlander articles?

more
    • maryttbloomer's Profile Photo

Finchale Priory

England Jul 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM

i'm visiting Durham next month and have heard about this place
      how do we get from durham to it can i walk to it and is there any facilities there ie cafes bars restaurants

more
    • Astyanax's Profile Photo

Seating at The Globe

London Jul 2, 2015 at 12:56 PM

My wife and I enjoyed our tour last year of The Globe theatre and would like to return for a performance. As I recall the benches in the theatre were uncomfortable. The Shakespeare's Globe web site makes it appear that the only seating is on benches. My wife has a bad back and could not sit there for long. Are there any comfortable seats in the Globe?

more
    • Connection times

Heathrow Yesterday

I arrive at Heathrow from Lisbon at 10:20 in the morning on TAP Portugal. Have a 1:00 PM flight on Delta from Heathrow to Los Angeles. Will this be enough connection time to get through Customs, Security, etc? Thanks for anyone's help!

more
    • transit visa

Heathrow Jul 29, 2015 at 6:45 AM

I am an Indian Citizen. I shall be travelling to Canada. My Flight AI115 shall arrive at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4at 11:55 hours on 30th Aug,2015. Then the flight AI7309 departs at 15:00 hours same day after a gap of just 3 hours from terminal 2.
      Please let me know whether I need a transit visa for UK? If yes, then what type?

more
    • Jock243's Profile Photo

Immigration

United Kingdom Jul 28, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Thai national coming to Edinburgh via Heathrow with British airways, does she need to go thru immigration at both airports?

more
    • Broadstairs to St Peters walk?

Broadstairs Jul 27, 2015 at 3:27 AM

Hi, I am visiting Broadstairs next week, and intend to alight the train at Ramsgate and walk the costal route to Broadstairs to try a few pubs. Is there a scenic route to the village of St Peters from Broadstairs to visit the Yard of Ale pub in St Peters, which recently won the local CAMRA pub of the year? BW, Nick

more
    • Lowest fares from London to Asia - Which months?

London Jul 25, 2015 at 11:46 PM

This question may have been asked hundreds of times before, but I want to know how to get the lowest priced air tickets to India, Sri Lana and other countries in that part of Asia.

more
    • Time to get thru customs

Heathrow Jul 20, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Does anyone know approximate time it takes to get through customs on a Sun. morning in August in Terminal 2?

more