Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Leech socks

by Bermad Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Can you buy leech socks here

6 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 3:18 AM
    • Classic Hours Cafe & Dining

by dwhitedurango Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I read that this was a good place to eat outside Sandakan. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about this restaurant?

2 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    • Restaurant outside of Sandakan

by dwhitedurango Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Some time ago I read a blog about a restaurant a short taxi ride outside of Sandakan. I cannot remember the name but the outside looked like a barrel or drum. It had a western menu and was reported to be very good. Anyone know what this restaurant is?

3 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM
    • Turtle Island Park, Pulau Gulisan

by ngsyvv Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Does anyone know what's the cheapest way to go to Gulisan Island from Sandakan? We will be visiting in mid September this year, but the day trip that people quote us is too expensive.... we're looking for reasonable boat price from sandakan jetty to gulisan

4 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 5:55 AM
    • Question on weekend trip to Sandakan from Penang

by sam_m Online Now Dec 11, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I am travelling to Penang on a business trip the first two weeks in Jan and unfortunately I only have one weekend free. Although I would love to explore Borneo, given the time I would like to atleast see Sepilok and Labuk Sanctuary. Is this too aggressive, flying in from Penang on Friday, and leaving on Sunday?

3 Answers Dec 14, 2012 at 2:19 AM
    • Speedboat to Turtle Island

by rvdagalea Online Now Jul 4, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Where can i rent a speedboat to go to Turtle Island? I will stay there for only 3 hours maximum. We are 10 in our group.

3 Answers Jul 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    • elbutre75's Profile Photo

Getting around - turtle island

by elbutre75 Online Now Jun 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Hello, i have heard that you need to pre-book entrance to turtle island. I know where to do it, but i cannot find how to get to the actual island?

2 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 8:07 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

SANDAKAN HELP - HOTELS AND TURTLE ISLAND

by poepat Online Now Oct 25, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Hi, last finishing touches to our 2012 hols. I have posted a question similar to this earleir this year but I am after updates.
      We are trying to book an overnight stay on turtle island. despite sending emails to crystal quest and sabah parks, we have had no replies. Can anyone help.
      Secondly can anyone give recommendations for a good hotel in sandakan. We will be staying for 3 nights.
      And thirdly, can anyone advise of a tour into the rainforest for a day. We are already doinfg sepilok orangs, but want to experience the rain forests.Either private tour guide or tour operator will be great.
      Many thanks
      POEPAT

5 Answers Nov 14, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    • advise needed

by chandragupt Online Now Oct 17, 2011 at 10:53 AM

My husband & I are planning to visit the sandkan region this december. We paln to do a 2N/3Days stay at one of the rain forest lodges. However we just read that November to February is the peak rainy reason. I have a couple of questions, please do help me out.
      1) Is it safe to visit the rainforest during the month of december?
      2) Is it advisable to do a 2N/3day stay at one of the river lodges?
      3) Will the sighting be good in december?
      4) Which river lodge would you recommend as the safest place to stay?

3 Answers Nov 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM
    • Travelling from Sandakan to Taway

by tehhosang Online Now Oct 15, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I & my wife will be in Sandakan for a 2day/1night business trip. Then from Sandakan, we plant to go to Tawau. There is a flight from Sandakan to Tawau but we hope to go for land transport. This way, we will be able to enjoy the various town & view the scenery & places of interest all the way to Tawau. We will also have a 2day/1night stay in Tawau before flying back to KK. What is the best alternative? To arrange a car rental or to join a tour? If car rental then we have to return the car to Tawau as we are not returning back to Sandakan. We are from W. Malaysia. Please advise. Thanks.
      Teh Ho Sang

5 Answers Oct 19, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    • Shuttle Bus from Sandakan Airport to Downtown Sandakan?

by ExpatinPH Online Now Sep 21, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Are there shuttle buses operating in the daytime from Sandakan Airport to downtown Sandakan. I'm asking because I've visited Kota Kinabalu five times; each time I've had taxi driver hassles, with drivers overcharging, another driver refusing to take me to the hotel I had a reservation with (Hotel Holiday) instead taking me to other hotels beginning with H, like Hyatt and Holiday Inn (places which would give him a payment for bringing a prospective guest.) Tired of taxi driver scams.

1 Answer Sep 21, 2011 at 11:48 PM
    • sandakan to kuching by bus

by robertanouk Online Now Sep 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Is it possible to travel from Sansakan to Kuching by bus?
      how long does that take?
      At what times does it leave?

5 Answers Feb 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM
    • Eggboy's Profile Photo

Sandakan to Tawau

by Eggboy Online Now May 1, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Hi travellers

Me and my friend will be travelling to Sandakan in July 2011. We also want to head south to Tawau and then on to the islands for snorkelling and lazing on the beach. I would like to know if there is there a relaible bus service between Sandakan and Tawau?

5 Answers May 2, 2011 at 4:50 AM
    • mim95's Profile Photo

Guided tour? Rent a car? Hire a taxi?

by mim95 Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 7:31 AM

We'll have one full day in Sandakan (flight from KK arrives at 07:30). We plan to visit the orangutan and Proboscis Monkey sanctuaries, as well as attractions in town (WWII memorial, stilt houses, temples, tea house, etc). Just wondering what's the cheapest way to do it.

4 Answers Mar 3, 2011 at 5:57 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

Turtle Island help Pleae

by poepat Online Now Jan 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM

hi, just arranging our hol of a lifetime. After many ideas of where to go for three days whilst in Malaysi we have decided to go to Sandakan and would like amongst other things to visit turtle island for one night.We arrive at the end of Aprtil 2010. Can anyone help on how to book this and costs.
      Also can anyone suggest a decent hotel in Sandakan.
      many thanks......poepat (we were going to perhentian but now decided to go to Borneo instead - thanks to all who replied for perhentian queries)

2 Answers Jan 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    • Sandakan Jan2011

by NoeleneMS Online Now Jan 7, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Hi my family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children 4yrs,7yrs,9yrs)are travelling to Sandakan mid Jan and are staying at a hotel in sandakan for 6 nights. The highlight is to visit the orangutans and probiscus monkeys for at least 1-2 feeding sessions. Is it worth staying at accomodation closer to their location?
      Also is it worth visting the turtles this time of year?

5 Answers Jan 7, 2011 at 11:30 PM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Rain and Flooding

by easterntrekker Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Hi
      I've been watching the weather network and it looks like there has been alot of rain Borneo. Just wondering how its been affecting travel.Any flooding or washouts? We plan to travel there in a couple of weeks.
      Thanks

3 Answers Jan 8, 2011 at 6:20 AM
    • sandakan to tawau

by lesleylodge Online Now Dec 6, 2010 at 12:05 PM

We plan to have 12 days in Borneo next April basing ourselves in Sandakan so that we can visit Sepilok orangutan santuary, do a cave and river tour and visit both Lankayan island and turtle island. Would we be pushing it to visit Sepidan island as well and if not how long should we go for and is the best way to get there to fly to Tawau?

6 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    • Address of Sabah Museum in Sandakan

by wee0603 Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 4:18 AM

I am a new member here. Just read an interesting article about Sandakan. Anyone may show me the location of Museum in Sandakan? Thank you.

4 Answers Sep 14, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    • XenosUK's Profile Photo

Turtle Island - Beach Towels?

by XenosUK Online Now Mar 8, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Does anyone know if beach towels are provided, or available to hire, at Turtle Island please? As we're only taking very small rucksacks for the overnight stay, we don't want to have to take towels if they're not necessary.

Thanks!

4 Answers May 1, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    • What is best - joining a package tour to Sukau or doing an independant tour?

by 47170094a Online Now Feb 19, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Hi,
      I have read some old comments saying that it is better to join a tour rather than doing an independant tour to Sukau. I plan to book accomondation at Sukau Greenview B & B in advance and then decide on trips when we arrive. Would that be as good or better than signing up for a whole package tour in advance? I prefer not joining a pakckage tour but if the value is better in terms of better guides, more wildlife to be seen I would go for a package tour. Please share your experience with me.

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Feb 19, 2010 at 9:18 PM
    • How to get from Sankadan to Sukau

by 47170094a Online Now Feb 16, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Hi,
      We (husband and two children - 8 and 11 years old) arrive in Sandakan airport 14.am on a Saturday and want to go directly to Sukau Greenview B&B for 2 nights. It is difficult to find information on how to get to Sukau if you dont want to join a tour. Do you take the boat and if so do the boats depart in the afternoon? Or do you call Greenview a day in advance and ask them to pick you up at the airport? Have anyone stayed at Sukau Greenview B&B lately - how is it?

Thanks in advance:-)

/Charlotte

5 Answers Feb 18, 2010 at 5:02 AM
    • Car Rental in Sandakan

by LS18 Online Now Oct 28, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I'm trying to rent a car in Sandakan in February but most of the rental companies seem to be in KK and are charging a supplement to deliver a car to Sandakan. I've seen a couple of rental companies mentioned in Sandakan eg BM Rent a car, but none seem to have an email or website address. Can anyone help with details of companies I can contact to enquire of prices etc? I'd prefer this via internet than telephone in order to avoid misunderstandings on whats required.

thanks

• Left luggage facility at Sandakan airport?

by Borneo10 Online Now Oct 19, 2009 at 10:38 AM

We wish to fly to Sandakan to do a 3 day trip and then fly on to Tawau, so would like to leave the bulk of our luggage at the airport. Can anyone tell me whether there is a left luggage facility at the airport please?

• wfcmoog's Profile Photo

Getting around in Sandakan

by wfcmoog Online Now May 18, 2009 at 5:34 AM

I'm planning to stay overnight at a jungle Lodge (Barefoot Lodge, Sukau) and arrive at Sandakan airport at 10am. I don't have to get to the lodge until 1600 for river cruise, so I plan to visit the Orangutan sanctuary in Sepilok during the day before getting down to Sukau.

How long does the drive take from Sepilok to Sukau?

Is it easy and reasonable to get independent transport (taxi/bus)?

Many thanks in advance.

6 Answers May 29, 2009 at 5:05 AM
    • River trip

by pmitch56 Online Now Feb 3, 2009 at 6:22 AM

Hoping to go on a river wildlife trip. We will be staying initially in Sandakan and would like some idea of the options open to us.
      Are all the trips inclusive of a jungle lodge type overnighter or is it possibe to do a day trip from Sandakan? Are the overnighters worth it? They all seem to be rather pricy from what I can discover on the internet.
      Can anyone recommend a good agent in Sandakan for a couple travelling on a budget?
      Thanks

2 Answers Feb 17, 2009 at 10:16 AM
    • Getting from Tawau to Sandakan

by rocky72 Online Now Jan 12, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Is it possible to hire a car in Tawau and drive to Sandakan? Have been searching on the internet with no luck.

2 Answers Feb 26, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

Airport --> Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center

by crewrower Online Now Dec 27, 2008 at 11:18 PM

What's the distance between the two and fastest way to get from the airport to the center? Is it reasonably possible to make the 10am feeding on a flight landing in Sepilok at 7:50am?

1 Answer Jan 2, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    • Orangutans in Borneo

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Nov 3, 2008 at 1:10 PM

My husband and I will be to Malaysia at the end of December for 4 weeks. At some point we would like to visit Sepilok Orangutans Centre in Borneo. Can anyone advice if is it worth travelling to Borneo in January as I understand that the weather is not the best at this time of the year? Also, what is the best way to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Borneo? And can anyone advise about accommodation close to the Orangutans Centre?
      Thanks
      Monika

3 Answers Apr 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM
    • Sabah to Mindanao

by RossDaniels Online Now Oct 29, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get from Sandakan to Mindanao. I want to go by boat and to Davao City. Any ideas?

1 Answer Oct 29, 2008 at 7:22 AM