Sandakan Travel Answers

change location
poepat's Profile Photo

Turtle Island help Pleae

by poepat Online Now Jan 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM

hi, just arranging our hol of a lifetime. After many ideas of where to go for three days whilst in Malaysi we have decided to go to Sandakan and would like amongst other things to visit turtle island for one night.We arrive at the end of Aprtil 2010. Can anyone help on how to book this and costs.
Also can anyone suggest a decent hotel in Sandakan.
many thanks......poepat (we were going to perhentian but now decided to go to Borneo instead - thanks to all who replied for perhentian queries)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: Turtle Island help Pleae

by DSwede Online Now Jan 13, 2011 at 7:15 PM

There are countless agencies that will book transit and stays on Turtle Island (Pulau Selingan). If you do not book in advance, you will have to take your chance that there is space, because the island only has accommodations for a set number of people. One booking office is:
    Wildlife Expedition
    (wildlife-expeditions.com/z-i...
    email: enquiry@wildlife-expeditions.com
    Shoplot 3, Next to the Sabah Hotel

As for your query about hotels, it is kind of hard to say if you do not give a budget range or list of desired amenities. I would not recommend the NAK hotel, it was not very clean and upon room inspection, we found a rat in the bathroom. I was in/out of Sandakan a few times so stayed at three different hotels, reviews are on my pages.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: Turtle Island help Pleae

by cgf Online Now Jan 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM

I've been there with wildlife-expeditions as part of a tour in Borneo.
    the owner of the resort in the island is Sea Quest Tours & Travel Sdn. Bhd. Tel: 088- 23 0943 - they have most of the rooms booked from tour operators, it's an expensive excursion with them. The T.O. buy a number of rooms and they have to pay the rooms even if not sold.. so Sea Quest has no interest to buy to somebody else, I saw you are from Kuala Lumpur, you might phone, try more then once, when I tried never somebody picked-up the phone at anytime of the day.
    At Pulau Selingan there is the main nesting area for the green turtles, you might see (it's not sure) one or at least two turtles, actually I saw about four or five but rangers will not allow to go on your own on the beach.
    If you could manage to go to Mabul and then to Sipadan, you'll see more turtles, in the water.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines