Sandakan Travel Answers

change location

What is best - joining a package tour to Sukau or doing an independant tour?

by 47170094a Online Now Feb 19, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Hi,
I have read some old comments saying that it is better to join a tour rather than doing an independant tour to Sukau. I plan to book accomondation at Sukau Greenview B & B in advance and then decide on trips when we arrive. Would that be as good or better than signing up for a whole package tour in advance? I prefer not joining a pakckage tour but if the value is better in terms of better guides, more wildlife to be seen I would go for a package tour. Please share your experience with me.

Thanks in advance

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: What is best - joining a package tour to Sukau or doing an independant tour?

by cgf Online Now Feb 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM

www.wildlife-expeditions.com
    they are very professional and well organized, they have also a sort of HQ at Sepilok. No worries and no problems with them.
    Better you book in advance.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Re: What is best - joining a package tour to Sukau or doing an independant tour?

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Feb 19, 2010 at 9:18 PM

There are a number of lodges at Sukau. We used Borneo Eco Tour's Sukau Rainforest Lodge. Essentially, when you book with any of the lodges, you get transportation there by boat, etc. Effectively, it is a tour.

There are excursions from these lodges into the wilds. Leech socks are a must.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines