Sanaa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How dangerous is Sana'a nowadays?

by Aisha_A96 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM

My family goes on holiday to Sana'a almost every year due to a lot of my relatives and immediate family living there. But I'm very worried because of hearing all the news about Yemen, which is getting much worse nowadays, after Houthis and Dammaj and Al-Qaeda. But how dangerous is it whilst being there currently? Should I be worried?

more
    • How dangerous is Sana'a nowadays?

by Aisha_A96 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM

My family goes on holiday to Sana'a almost every year due to a lot of my relatives and immediate family living there. But I'm very worried because of hearing all the news about Yemen, which is getting much worse nowadays, after Houthis and Dammaj and Al-Qaeda. But how dangerous is it whilst being there currently? Should I be worried?

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    • safety january 2010

by Elingjaerde Online Now Jan 4, 2010 at 2:49 AM

Hi!
      I will visit Yemen for a few days in the middle of this month (January 2010) I stayed in Sana'a exactly a year ago (and visited the surrounding villages in the Haraz mountains), but due to resent changes in the political climate, and the fact I am a Norwegian journalist, what precautions should I take? Should I wear an abaya and hijab this time? What airline and hotel would be 'safe' (went by Yemeni Air last time and stayed in Burj Al Salam. Great) How about travelling by car south of Sana'a? Pls advice. Shukran!

10 Answers Jan 16, 2011 at 4:36 AM
    • Visiting Sanaa in 2010

by calasia Online Now Oct 15, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Hi all… Just signed up as a member of virtual tourist and this is my first post :-)

I am planning to visit Sann'a in Yemen next February, travelling on my own via Dubai (ex-UK with Emirates). My plan is to spend a few nights in Sana'a (Old Town) and I have no intention of visiting other parts of Yemen. I know that Yemen has an image for not being a safe country to visit, mostly due to threat of terrorism in the northern Sa'ada region. I have visited the UK's FCO website, Yemen is included in the "against all travel to parts of the country" category, along with a dozen of other countries which also includes Thailand and Italy (!).

Although I have seen lots of negative news about terrorist threats in Yemen - one of the most recent being a group of Korean nationalities being attacked near Sana'a - I wonder if there is any members who are currently living or visited the city recently? Would you be able to let me know your experience, or your impression with regards to safety in Sana'a, has the whole terrorist threat thing been exaggerated?

Many Thanks in advance.

8 Answers Dec 22, 2009 at 11:24 PM
    • the british club

by capesrock Online Now Sep 17, 2009 at 12:41 AM

How does one become a member there....and is it open during Ramadan?

thanks!

• Fridays Opening times for shops in Old City of Sanaa

by hhass1 Online Now Feb 11, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Hi,

Can you please tell me if the Jambia and antique shops are open on Fridays in Sanaa ( the old city ) ? I am plaaning a 2 days trip from Dubai ( Thursdays and Friday ) ???

Many thanks,
      Hassan

1 Answer Oct 24, 2008 at 7:11 AM
    • Renting Flats in the old city

by rpafletcher Online Now Dec 14, 2006 at 2:52 AM

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to rent a basic flat in the old city and the best way to go abou it once I arrive? R.F

1 Answer Dec 17, 2006 at 3:35 AM
    • haroonseedat's Profile Photo

carpets

by haroonseedat Online Now May 8, 2006 at 10:34 PM

can i buy yemeni carpets in sanaa
      do the yemenis weave carpets?

2 Answers May 13, 2006 at 4:55 AM
    • stratis63's Profile Photo

any tips for antiques shopping in Saana

by stratis63 Online Now Apr 8, 2006 at 8:19 AM

I am admiror of antiques, bronze items, decorative pieces, old furniture etc
      where should i find those in saana?? I am coming this weekend

1 Answer Apr 9, 2006 at 4:25 PM
    • Govt. tourist Shop

by muzu Online Now Sep 4, 2003 at 3:01 AM

Is there any Government Tourist shop in sanaa?