San Xavier

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Snow concerns from Las Vegas to Flagstaff in mid January

Tucson Nov 22, 2015 at 7:54 AM

We are seniors and driving a rear wheel vehicle from Las Vegas to Tucson Arizona in mid January. What is the best route to Tucson to escape the snow if there is one? What is the fastest route to Flagstaff if the roads are clear? Thanks.

• Barolo67's Profile Photo

Winter travel

Sedona Oct 27, 2015 at 4:12 AM

We will be traveling to Sedona from Las Vegas with a normal rental car and will stay for 4 days the first week of January 2016. Any advice on snow and travel conditions up in the mountains around Sedona and Flagstaff?

• Barolo67's Profile Photo

Navajo and Hopi in the winter

Arizona Nov 16, 2015 at 11:40 AM

We will be traveling by rental car in January 2016 to Monument Valley, the Hopi Mesa and Canyon de Chelly and then up to Moab in Utah and along the highway to Boulder Co.. We land in Las Vegas and drive to Sedona and from there to Grand Canyon and then into the Navajo and Hopi lands.All on official roads (not dirt roads). Can we expect heavy snow fall and blocked roads? We live in Germany and will travel with ski jackets, face masks against winter winds and hiking boots. Our only worry is snow and blocked roads. The Navajo lands are desert, so not snow, but what about ice?

• I will be moving to Sierra Vista, Az soon.

Sierra Vista Nov 7, 2015 at 6:32 AM

Is Sierra Vista, Az a expensive place to live?

• December end trip in Arizona

Arizona Nov 20, 2015 at 11:41 AM

I'm planning a road trip from Denver to Las Vegas in December vacation (24 Dec to 2nd Jan). I would like to know about the feasibility of the trip.

The road trip will include Arches National Park, Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe bend and Grand canyon West rim ending at Las Vegas.

Denver --> Arches ---> Monument Valley --> Antelope ---> Las Vegas
      25-26th ---> 27th ---> 28th ----> 29th ------> 30th

I'm mostly worried about snow and slippery roads. I have never driven on snow.
      But from other articles and forums i came to know that the snow is cleared very soon.

1. Do we need snow chains and shovel and other snow equipment ?
      2. Will all the national parks and attractions open and worth watching during that time of the year?
      3. What are the chances of getting stuck in snow storms ( how frequent is it generally .. just an idea) ?
      4. Anyone who has personal experience of this route during winters and would like to share something important is welcome.
      5. Is it feasible and should we go ahead with the plan ??

Thanks in Advanced