San Simeon Travel Answers

change location

Paso Robles to San Simeon

by arios Online Now May 25, 2005 at 5:17 PM

Hi to all,

I need to know how long is the drive from PR to SS, and how's the road/highway, we will be driving at night (10 pm) from Paso Robles to a hote we found in San Simeon.

Thanks so much for your help, we are going to a car show in Paso, and there's no hotel available close by or in town, so we will be staying in SS.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

RE: Paso Robles to San Simeon

by Jamesr3939 Online Now May 25, 2005 at 5:56 PM

It is a great road to bad you are driving it at night. I would guess maybe 2 hours max if that. It is a good road, but will be dark. You might also want to check Cambria for hotels (look at Moonstone Beach). It will save you about 30 minutes, but depends on if you are heading north or south when you leave there. If north up the coast then go fro SS if going south then try Cambria or even San Luis Obispo.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Paso Robles to San Simeon

by Jamesr3939 Online Now May 25, 2005 at 6:01 PM

Well it could have been awhile since I drove the road. Because mapquest shows from PR to SS is 32 miles and 35 minutes (sure seemed like it took longer), but then I was going to visit in-laws. But that is probably correct and especially at 10:00 PM at night. Still if you are heading north then stay in SS if you heading south try SLO or Santa Maria. I like the Raddison at the airport in SM.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: Paso Robles to San Simeon

by travelgourmet Online Now May 25, 2005 at 10:21 PM

Why not stay in San Luis Obispo. Lots of hotel/motels, unless Cal Poly is having graduations at that time. Hwy 46 is a very dark, windy road and late at night it is a tense drive. Beautiful in the daytime. Hwy 46 will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to San Simeon. Hwy 101 to SLO will take about 30 minutes. Even the Pismo Beach area on Hwy 101 is the same mileage as PR to SS, but a safer drive at night.

• RE: Paso Robles to San Simeon

by RovingWyvern Online Now May 30, 2005 at 8:20 PM

If you're in San Simeon, go see Hearst Castle, built by William Randolph Hearst. Cost is24 USD for an adult. There are 5 types of tour, most popular is Tour 1 (Experience Tour).

If you want to feed the squirrels in SS, they're at the 2nd vista point. Right across from blue call box 562.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines