San Sebastián

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation for a day trip from San Sebastian to Biarritz

by Melkat Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Hello , we are a group of four and wish to spend the day in Biarritz departing from San Sebastian in September.
      We would like a shuttle or taxi or driver to take us there early in the morning and return us to our hotel late that same evening.
      Does anyone know if this is possible and who we can book with as we don't want to be catching a train or bus late in the evening.

2 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM
    • cathybliss's Profile Photo

How to find long term home in San Sebastian?

by cathybliss Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 7:57 AM

I am moving to San Sebastian in July this year. I live in Ireland but we have 2 kids also moving with us and we would like a nice place to live in for a year..

5 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM
    • Travel ideas for 21 days with car in San Sebastián region

by Msp930 Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM

1st time to this part of Spain & would love to include Portugal...21 days with a car....any ideas or issues you found that could have been avoided if you knew ahead of time, would be appreciated....

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 2:23 AM
    • Weather in May?

by divin1 Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM

How is the weather in San Sebastian in May? We will be there for a few days mid-month.
      Traveling from California. Should we expect much rain?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    • Day trip to Finisterre?

by divin1 Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Looking for information on a day trip from San Sebastian to Finisterre. Any recommendations on a reasonably priced bus tour. Will be there in May 2014.

6 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    • Getting back to Biarritz airport for return flight

by BenHotspur Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Hi,
      My family and I need to get from San Sebastián to Biarritz airport for our return flight. We fly out at 12.55pm so
      We need to leave early in the morning. The pesa bus is later in the day so not an option. Anybody know how we can do this?

2 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

Bilbao-San Sebastian

by yavili Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Hola! I am thinking of going from Bilbao to San Sebastian on a day trip. I believe bus takes less time than train correct? If yes, is there only 1 company (PESA) and do I need to but the ticket beforehand or is it OK to buy it at the bus station right before I leave? Gracias y saludos.

4 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    • Are there special ways to arrange meals in bodegas?

by sljsbh Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 2:20 AM

or are these only available to people booking private tours?

2 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    • Fishermen bringing in their nets

by sljsbh Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 2:20 AM

What time can we see them come in?

1 Answer Aug 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    • Jazzaldia

by snorkel3 Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 9:19 AM

What is the Jazzaldia festival like?
      Would you suggest Jazzaldia or August Week for first time visitor?
      Where is the best place to stay for the Green Stage?
      What cheap lodging do you recommend?

1 Answer Jul 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    • Car parking

by nikkijb007 Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 6:40 AM

We are driving to San Sebastian on 24th August and hoping to stay in an apartment near the old town. Is it possible to pre book car parking anywhere close by?
      Thanks
      Nikki

4 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    • fishtaco's Profile Photo

Fishing in San Sebastian

by fishtaco Online Now May 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I would like to ocean fish one day when I am in San Sebastian but can not find any charter services online..does any company take people out fishing?

7 Answers May 15, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    • San Sebastian to Perpignan

by tuille Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM

hello
      I checked the distance between San Sebastian and Perpignan and it is around 550kms -via Toulouse. The ways i find to get from one place to the other by bus or train are complex though, and around 800kms, via Barcelona or Pamplona. Why is that? Is there a cheap and comfortable way (I would go for a night train or bus, so that i can sleep overnight and not lose a day of my precious week for the Basque and some France trip) to go from San Seb to Perpignan? Please help/ more questions on this trip to follow. Many thanx

4 Answers Mar 23, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    • ChristosE's Profile Photo

Travel queries

by ChristosE Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM

just wondering if it is easy to get a train from barcelona to san sebsatien and if its cheap?? also is it something you should book in advance or can you just book on the spot?

Thanks!

Christos

3 Answers Mar 10, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    • Best places to stay in SS

by micmik Online Now Nov 3, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Our first trip there, planning to stay for 2-3 nights. Including a day trip to Bilbao, and enjoying the culinary experience of SS!

Quite a loss as to where is the best place to stay - near the restaurant scene, station, city centre, or attractions? Any suggestion welcome!

5 Answers Feb 14, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    • advice on San sebastian

by early42 Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM

My husband and I are hoping to go to SS in June, we will be arriving by train. Long journey from England! I have been looking at accommodation, we would prefer self catering. Can anyone recommend an area to stay, we want to be near the centre. I don't know much about SS. Is it flat? We are both in our 70's and although fit wouldn't want to tackle anything too hilly. It seems to be quite compact from reading about it on line but I haven't found out any info in great detail. Many thanks

7 Answers Jan 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    • San Sebastian for one day - tips please

by gazstrong Online Now Jul 20, 2011 at 3:11 AM

Hi

I will be in DSS for one day in August ( i know 1 day is not enough)and was wondering what the must see areas and locations are.

I would also like some tips for bars and restauarants and best areas for dining, drinking and relaxing etc.

Thanks in Advance

4 Answers May 30, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    • ACCOMMODATION IN SAN SEBASTIAN

by sidneyworm Online Now Jun 22, 2011 at 8:48 AM

We are looking for accommodation (hotel,B&B, self catering) within walking distance of the coast which has free parking and free wi-fi. Can anyone recommend anywhere please.

3 Answers Sep 7, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    • somestarrynight's Profile Photo

San Sebastian - Altamira Cave: where to break the journey?

by somestarrynight Online Now Jun 11, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Hi all

We're planning a trip to San Sebastian this August and hoping to hire a car one day to drive to the Altamira Cave. We're guessing the journey will take around 2-3 hours and wondered if there's anywhere worth a short visit where we could stop off to break up the return journey.

Thanks!

Sarah

5 Answers Jun 24, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    • Parking for a few hours in central San Sebastian

by gazstrong Online Now Jun 1, 2011 at 2:48 AM

Hi Folks

I will be travelling through San Sebatian in early august on my way to Pamplone. I would really like to stop and spend a few hours in San Sebastian around the old town / beach area. I have searched maps but have not been able to find any car parks in the area. I would like to know if on street parking is available in these areas or if there are any paying car parks. If so addressed would be great so i could program them into my sat nav.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Jun 24, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    • Transport between San Sebastian and Bilbao

by gbooth Online Now May 24, 2011 at 1:35 PM

We are staying in San Sebastian and are planning to go to Bilbao. We would like to go on public transport and come back late so we can enjoy the Bilbao nighlife. Any suggestions, bus or train, Initial internet research suggest bus as the option.The local train website seemed quite difficult to follow.
      Help and advice please !

3 Answers May 25, 2011 at 4:57 AM
    • Moped/Scooter Rentals in San Sebastián?

by frankiti99 Online Now May 3, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Hi, does anyone know of any scooter rental services in the city of San Sebastian?

Thanks

• MAUIRADISE's Profile Photo

Urupel Restaurant

by MAUIRADISE Online Now Mar 11, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Best way to contact Urupel restaurant besides calling thru international phone line, to make dinner reservation? Thank you for any help...

4 Answers Mar 20, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    • moonlight_medusa's Profile Photo

San Sebastián ~ Anoeta Stadium ~ Madrid

by moonlight_medusa Online Now Dec 3, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Hi everyone

How far is San Sebastián's city centre to Anoeta Stadium and what's the best way to get there?

Also, are there are trains or buses running during the night (after 11, possibly midnight) from San Sebastián to Madrid?

Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 4, 2010 at 1:07 AM
    • San Sebastian to Bilbao Airport - early in the morning

by ry4444 Online Now Nov 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I was hoping someone could help me with some advice.

I will be leaving San Sebastian on the 11 July 2011 and I need to get to Bilbao Airport on the same day for a flight that leaves at 8:45am.

Its an international flight so I will need to be at Bilbao airport a few hours before 8:45am to check in.

Does anyone know what the best way to get from San Seb to Bilbao airport that early in the morning may be? All the bus services I can find do not seem to leave early enough

Any advice you may have would be very much appreciated

4 Answers Nov 7, 2010 at 10:09 PM
    • Need help on where to stay in San Sebastian?

by venus086 Online Now Mar 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Hi,

I would appreciate any help on where to stay on a budget in San Sebastian, I am thinking of traveling in Sept which I think is high season which makes it a bit difficult but any help would be great. I would love to stay near the center of San Sebastian but that is probably asking to much, but definitely not too far out as I will have no transport apart from the local public transport.
      Thanks Ann

1 Answer Mar 10, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

San Sebastian during dia de la Inmaculada

by nomad7890 Online Now Nov 23, 2009 at 5:45 AM

I'll be staying in Hondarribia and plan to take the bus to San Sebastian on the day of the Immaculate celebration. I've already confirmed buses will be running ... however, does anyone know if there will be stores and restaurants open for pintxos and dinner?

There is also a little Solbes store near the center of town (I think the one I mean is Aldamar Kalea) - anyone know if it will be open on that day?

• Questions about Tedone

by Ladyplus Online Now Sep 5, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Hello,

Has anyone ever eaten at Tedone? If so, please tell me a little bit about your experience, the food, service, price, location, atmosphere, etc.

How would I get there from the city centre, bus, or taxi and approx. cost?
      Address: Corta, 10, San Sebastian - Donostia 20001

Thanks!

• Any Affordable Restaurants in San Sebastian???

by Ladyplus Online Now Jul 26, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Hello!

Does anyone have any recommendations for afforable places to eat regional food in San Sebastian? My budget will allow me to eat at perhaps one Michelin rates restaurant while there for several days. So, what and where else do I eat?

Thanks for your suggestions!

• MAUIRADISE's Profile Photo

GETARIA & ELANTXOBE, BASQUE COUNTRY SPAIN

by MAUIRADISE Online Now May 16, 2009 at 11:11 PM

My second time to visit the Basque Country and loved San Sebastian & Lekeitio dining experience. My question is, any feedback on Getaria and Elantxobe? We go for culinary travel. Thank you for any input.

1 Answer May 16, 2009 at 11:53 PM