San Salvador Travel Answers

change location

From Canada , Going to El Salvador next summer. I want to do some shopping there, buy clothes.

by neldias Online Now Sep 14, 2009 at 3:45 PM

What are the less pricey malls in San Salvador, for good brand names in men's clothing? And i wanted to know when i leave and enter into the US do i have to pay duty fees on the clothes i buy? maybe i have to pay canadian duty fee also?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Re: From Canada , Going to El Salvador next summer. I want to do some shopping there, buy clothes.

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Sep 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM

If you are returning to Canada and have been out of the country for 7 or more days, you can bring back750 Cdn duty free.

cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/media/facts-...

If you are transiting through the USA, there should not be any duties.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • karakal73's Profile Photo

Re: From Canada , Going to El Salvador next summer. I want to do some shopping there, buy clothes.

by karakal73 Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 5:11 AM

hi ... forget about cheap shopping of known brands in el salvador. you can get faked articles everywhere (especially in the centro), however, for famous brands you will have the same prices as back home. you better have another nice cold pilsener instead of wasting the time with shopping ;-)

• TomJenner's Profile Photo

by TomJenner Online Now Mar 9, 2010 at 5:54 AM

I would say that name brands are quite a bit cheaper in El Salvador than back home (at least cheaper than back home in the UK, but then most places are), especially if its brands that are made in El Salvador. There are a number of shopping malls to choose from, but I'm not sure which would be the cheapest. I would stick to the malls to ensure that you are getting the real thing and for safety reasons, as the malls all have guards.

Tom

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Salvador