San Salvador Travel Answers

change location

flying into San Salvador, want to be in Copan Ruinas next day, early as possible

by pianoforrest Online Now Jan 6, 2006 at 8:40 AM

I'm having a lot of trouble finding any definitive bus schedules out of San Salvador anywhere on the web. I'm going to be in San Salvador on the afternoon of Jan 15, and want to be in Copan Ruinas, Honduras, by not later than noon on the 16th. the next day. The way I see it, there are three ways to go:
1. bus San Salvador-San Pedro Sula, then to Copan Ruinas
2. bus San Salvador-El Poy-Santa Rosa de Copan-La Entrada-Copan Ruinas
3. bus San Salvador-Guatemala City, then to Copan Ruinas
I just want to be sure I have enough time in Copan Ruinas, because I will be heading for Antigua on the 17th. Who knows which would be the best way to go?
Any specific bus information would be appreciated. Apparently Hedman-Alas is no longer running direct service between San Salvador and Copan.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: flying into San Salvador, want to be in Copan Ruinas next day, early as possible

by carmengonzalezhuguet Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 9:56 AM

The quickest way to go to Copan Rinas from San Salvador is to take a bus to Anguiatú frontier, between El Salvador and Guatemala, or Esquipulas, a guatemalan city, and then, another bus to El Florido custome between Guatemala and Honduras. You can find in Esquipulas a bus to travel direct to Copán Ruinas (the place is 12 Kms. far from El Florido). But you have to be careful. Guatemala is a very violent country.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Salvador