San Salvador Travel Answers

change location

Bus Terminal

by Villa15 Online Now Jun 19, 2005 at 10:34 AM

Hi, I want to go from San Salvador to the border crossing of Guasaule (Nicaragua). I don't want to go to Managua, just a town near Guasaule, so my questions are, from which bus station in San Salvador can I catch a bus to El Amatillo? How long does it take? How much does it cost? From el Amatillo is it easy to catch a bus to el Guasaule? How long does that take?
Thanks a million:)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mayadoc's Profile Photo

Bus Terminal

by mayadoc Online Now Jun 23, 2005 at 6:09 PM

You have to take the bus from the "Terminal de Oriente" (eastern bus station) I think there are no direct buses to from San salvador to El Amatillo you have to take a bus to San Miguel (301) ($2.00)and then take a bus to "El Amatillo" (330) ($0.75) at San Miguel. San Salvador to El Amatillo takes 4 to 5 hours.
    I don't know if there direct bus from El Amatillo to Guasaule. If not you can take a bus to Choluteca (85 kms)($1.50) and then to Guasaule($1.00)
    There are pullman buses from San Salvador to Managua (Transnica) but you can leave the bus at Choluteca (44 kms from Guasaule).
    Hope this will help you. Happy travels
    Mayadoc

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Bus Terminal

by carmengonzalezhuguet Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 9:59 AM

You can catch the bus to Guasaule in Puerto Bus, a bus terminal in San Salvador. It takes almost 3 hours to reach El Amatillo custome. I donĀ“t know why do you want to go to Guasaule. There is nothing else than a lonely, boring hotel. Do you want to go from there to Tegucigalpa or to Managua?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Salvador