San Salvador Travel Answers

change location

Best way to spend an evening in San Salvador?

by jameshaddock Online Now Jan 26, 2005 at 1:05 PM

Hi, Been digging around a bit for info and wanted to ask if folks have any suggestions for the best way to spend an evening in San Salvador? My girlfriend and I will be there for an evening in mid April on a long layover (arriving 6ish pm, leaving early next morning). We've never been to San Salvador so would love suggestions on hotels and activities to make the most of our evening there. Thanks, -James

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Best way to spend an evening in San Salvador?

by kiwi76 Online Now Feb 7, 2005 at 8:44 PM

Hey, I have been living in San Salvador for 6 months. Lots of restaurant options in Zona Rosa - my favorite is Al Lo Neustro (probably spelt wrong) - great food. Diva is also cool. For local flavors, ask the taxi driver to stop for pupusas about 10 minutes away from the airport. Zona Rosa is also the place for clubs. I live at the Hotel Intercontinental which is nice - opposite a large but unexciting mall. Im sure there are nicer, and cheaper local places with a bit more charm, Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Best way to spend an evening in San Salvador?

by MarcG Online Now Feb 9, 2005 at 8:04 AM

Zona Rosa will have the best dining and club options....I suggest "a lo nuestro" for great food and location, "buon gustaio" and "quattro gatti" are excellent italian restuarants, for bars Zanzibar is a nice outdoors bar, Abajo lounge is a great bar, nice decor. also try avanti or likwid . Elsewhere "la ventana" is a nice bar and "la luna" are more bohemian....for more informaton download a copy of revue magazines with all kinds of suggestions and activities from http://www.revuemag.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Salvador