San Rafael Travel Answers

change location

How to get from San Francisco to San Rafael?

by rmadapati Online Now Oct 19, 2007 at 11:17 PM

I would like to know whats the best, cheapest and most optimal way to get from Powell Street, San Francisco to 5th Avenue, San Rafael is? I am totally new to San Francisco and any help on public transportation for this route would be greatly useful. I was thinking taking a cab, but I heard it could cost upwards of70, which is astronomical for me, so is there a much cheaper and more optimal way to travel from San Fran to San Rafael? Please let me know...thanks a lot!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: How to get from San Francisco to San Rafael?

by timessquare Online Now Oct 20, 2007 at 6:53 AM

best is not cheapest

when you travel, choose one or the other; you CAN'T have both

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by rmadapati Online Now Oct 21, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Thanks a lot. Any idea how long it would take from San Fran Embarcadero to San Rafael via bus? So where the bus stop in San Rafael, do you think cabs would be easily available so I can get to my destination in San Rafael easily? Thanks a lot of your time and advice.

by rmadapati Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 5:58 PM

Sweeet, thanks! I took your advice and planned for my San Rafael trip based on it. Initially, my choice was ferry, but the bus is better since it gets me much closer to my destination. I guess I will just walk down from the San Rafael Central Bus Terminal to 5th avenue, I guess its about 15-20 min walk. Again, thanks a heap and of course, A VERY HAPPY DUSSHERA TO YOU AND YOUR FOLKS TOO...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines