San Rafael Travel Answers

change location
ustraian's Profile Photo

Hostel/dorm accommodation in San Rafael

by ustraian Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 11:34 AM

I need to be in San Rafael around 8 AM on Saturday morning (July 28) and wish to avoid a 2.5 hour drive. Is it possible to find a place to spend Friday night in San Rafael or nearby (up to 10 miles) for about30 to50? Hostel/dorm accommodation is acceptable (I am not a student). If someone could provide some insight, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Re: Hostel/dorm accommodation in San Rafael

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Jul 24, 2007 at 6:07 AM

Sorry, it's not within 10 miles, but... about 16 miles away is a hostel at Fort Mason in SF. I think it is the northernmost hostel in SF. Drive time to San Rafael is less than 30 minutes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ustraian's Profile Photo

by ustraian Online Now Jul 24, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Thank you for the information, Harmonious Botch. They were fully booked but the Marin Headlands Hostel at 941 Fort Barry, Sausalito (415) 331 2777 was available. I will be staying there. Thanks again!

• ustraian's Profile Photo

by ustraian Online Now Jul 31, 2007 at 2:02 PM

My stay at the Marin Headlands Hostel was very comfortable. I would go back there any day and also recommend it to anyone looking for such accommodation. Just make sure you have good directions. It is not easy to get to the place in the dark with the fog rolling in and no cell coverage!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines