San Quirico d'Orcia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mountain biking this December

Torbole Nov 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Hi all. Does anyone know how safe it is to mountain bike in and around Lake Garda and Torbole in Dec? My son will be traveling there with the express desire to mountain bike. I worry that he won't be able to hire a guide and therefore bike alone on trails he knows nothing about in a country where he knows no one.

He has already secured a bike but I visualize mountains covered with ice and snow and unmarked areas with huge drop offs! Yes, I am mom!

Thanks all!!

more
    • Adriana-RJ's Profile Photo

View from the top

Peschiera del Garda Nov 8, 2014 at 4:53 AM

I saw many photos of Peschiera at Google that shows all the Fortress and the Lake surrounding. So, my question is...Is there any especial place to go to have that beautifull view from the top?

more
    • club and bars inquiry

Florence Nov 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM

are there any bars or clubs that play hip hop and r&b or commercial pop if so what are they called?

more
    • trams in milan

Milan Nov 23, 2014 at 9:16 AM

does the number 15 tram stop outside either milan central station or cordona station? or could you please tell me how far the closest stop to either of these stations is, and hoe much does the tram cost to bocconi area
      thanks

shell

more
    • Taormina Lodging

Sicilia Nov 1, 2014 at 8:03 AM

We (family of 4 - 2 aduls, 2 teenage daughters) are considering either Villa Belvedere or Villa Angela. Both look extremely lovely, and I just can't decide! I know they are located in different areas, Belvedere closer to town and Angela up in the hills. I do not know how much of a difference this will really make to us once we are there. Please share any opinions

more
    • Albino in the 15000s

Albino Nov 16, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Are there many streets/lanes still in use from the 1500s?

more
    • Hiking Val d Aosta

Valle d'Aosta Nov 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Where is better hiking for older folks using public transport St Vincent ot Champoluc. We have been to lovely Chamonix so are leaning toward the Monte Rosa area.
      All suggestions are welcome! Thank you, Carol

more
    • Booking online ferry tickets

Capri Nov 10, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I need to book roundtrip ferry tickets to Capri Island and I have been told to use the website www.traghetti-capri.it ...
      Someone used that site? recommended?

more
    • Should we stay in Varenna ?

Varenna Nov 5, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Hi we are only planning to stay in Lake Como for 2 nights unfortunately we cannot stay longer. Looking coming from Milan Central station to Lake Como. Would Varenna be our best option to stay at Lake Como ??
      Thank you :)

more
    • Getting to Positano from Naples

Positano Nov 5, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Hello,

I'm planning a visit to Sorrento and Positano for next Friday. We will be staying in Naples and plan to take the Circumvesuviana from Naples to Sorrento. We thought it might be nice to wander around Sorrento for awhile before boarding a bus to Positano. I'm having a hard time understanding the SITA time table in regards to bus times to and from Positano. This is the last day of our trip, so it's important that we don't get stuck in Positano. Does anyone know what time the buses run until? Or any other advice for traveling from Naples to Positano or suggestions on must-see's would be appreciated!!

more
    • Montecatini Terme

Montecatini Terme Nov 2, 2014 at 3:16 PM

is Montecatini a good base to explore Tuscany and maybe take a day trip to Rome or Vatican City?

more
    • Naples dining

Italy Nov 2, 2014 at 1:39 AM

My wife will be celebrating her 50th birthday during our visit to Naples and I would like some suggestions on a nice romantic restaurant to take her on the night as we have never been thee before. All responses gratefully received thanks

more
    • davesut's Profile Photo

Car Hire Location Verona airport

Verona Oct 29, 2014 at 4:16 AM

Looking to book car hire at Verona airport. Budget and Sixt are showing up as 'in terminal' whereas others such as Hertz and Avis are shown as 'at car rental centre'. Anybody know if car rental centre is a short walk or a bus ride away?

more
    • Transit Visa.

Italy Nov 24, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Hi,am a cameroonian national residing in Italy with an Italian resident permit.I intend travellieng to Ghana(Accra) on the
      04 Dec 2014 with BA. My flight departure is scheduled at 11:20am from Malpensa(Milano) and landing LHR at 12:20pm
      terminal 5 and will transit throughTerminal for my next connecting fligth to Accra (Terminal 5) still wit BA which is scheduled at 1:50pm . Do i need a transit visa ,go through Border Control desk or immigration before proceeding
      with my journey ????

Thanks.

more
    • MATALON's Profile Photo

Expo 2015 - Travel guide

Milano Nov 21, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I can not find any forum or travel guid for the international EXPO (open May 2015 in Milan.Would be happy to find useful information beside the official site of the Expo - Thanks

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Transportation.

Anagni Nov 3, 2014 at 4:32 AM

Is it possible to visit Agnani as a day trip from Rome? Are there frequent buses between Rome and Agnani?

more
    • DalsyH's Profile Photo

Bus ride inside Tivoli

Tivoli Nov 3, 2014 at 3:44 AM

Bus route inside Tivoli going from one place to another

more
    • Voltage Converter

Verona Nov 3, 2014 at 2:28 AM

Where can I buy a 220 volt to 110 volt converter in Verona for U.S. small appliances?

more
    • want to visit turin on this November,what is the dressing code?

Torino Nov 2, 2014 at 7:08 AM

want to visit Turin on this November,what is the dressing code?

more
    • Will all shops in Venice be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

Venice Nov 26, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Hi, I want to go to Venice during Xmas. However, I wonder whether all shops in Venice will be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

more
    • Xmas shopping in Rome

Rome Nov 25, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Hello everybody, î will visit to Rome this xmas with my wife for 5-day. My question is there will be any problem shopping, travelling within the city and visiting museums on 25-26th of December. Any advices and comments??
      Thank you!!!

more
    • things to do and places to see for a hen weekend in Navigli

Milan Nov 9, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hi,

I am currently planning a hen weekend for 13 of us for the last weekend in May. Please can somebody advise me on where to stay? What to do? Best bars to go to etc.

Thanks

more
    • A day trip from Rome

Cassino Yesterday

We are wanting to do a day trip from Rome to Cassino to visit a family members grave at the Commonwealth cemetary and to also see the monastery. Can someone help with the best way to do this either independently or a tour.

more
    • A good flat or an house?

Taormina Nov 20, 2014 at 1:44 AM

I will go to Sicily next summer. Can you tell me good location? And also serious companies for an apartment on the island?

more
    • getting there

Milan Nov 17, 2014 at 12:20 PM

how do you get there?

more