San Pedro de Atacama Travel Answers

change location

biking to ruins

by rene82 Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 6:57 PM

My friend and I are interested in renting bikes and heading off to Quitor and Tulor (probably on two separate days). Has anyone done this? Are they easy enough to find? How much time would you allow? We are hoping we could do each in half a day to fill the day before our Valle de La Luna tour (~3pm), and after our Tatio Geyser Tour (~1pm). Does this seem possible?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ca.ro.li.na's Profile Photo

Re: biking to ruins

by ca.ro.li.na Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Yes it is easy. Pukara de Quitor is biking about 15-20 min out of San Pedro,it is so close that you can even think you are still in San Pedro, but actually you are just out of it. About Tulor, I did it with a tour with minivan, but I remember that we used a paved road almost all the way there, and just a small part of gravel. Is also close to San Pedro. In san Pedro, the main street is Caracoles and before renting the bikes,buy or ask for a map in the tourist info office, and then in the rental they can explain you with the map the exact route. Tip: There is nothing to buy at those places, so take water and snack with you.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ca.ro.li.na's Profile Photo

Re: biking to ruins

by ca.ro.li.na Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 3:48 PM

haha...just realised this is quite old...2010. Well, will help somebody else

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Pedro de Atacama