San Pedro de Atacama Travel Answers

change location
onelastplace's Profile Photo

6 days - no ideas

by onelastplace Online Now Nov 23, 2005 at 4:30 PM

we will be in san pedro for 6 days in avril. what should we see? any ideas on nice lodging? tours?what to avoid? thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: 6 days - no ideas

by kurtolga Online Now Dec 15, 2005 at 10:20 AM

I was in san pedro de atacama last week for 5 days. unfortunately the people there are not very honest and you get cheated. do not reserve a hotel trough the internet. they ask for a deposit and you get the worst. I had a very bad experience with the TATIO HOTEL and also with the travel agency COSMOS ANDINO.
    I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM AGAIN. if you like more specific info, please contact me. a very good hotel should not cost more than 40 us dolar.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: 6 days - no ideas

by babajaga88 Online Now Feb 20, 2006 at 10:30 AM

I had a very good experiencie with the hotel "La Casa de Don Tomás" a few years ago. And I didn't have problems with the travel agency (I don't remember which one I used, though), except that the tour guides many times didn't really know what they were talking about... They weren't really prepared people, so don't believe everything they say, but the tours are really worth it (I loved the geyseres and Lagunas Altiplánicas).
    Of course I'm Chilean so it was more difficult for me to get cheated on my own country. Tourists are always an easy target for people who wants to make money, everywhere, so you have to inform yourself and ask in different places.
    Check this site: sanpedroatacama.com/ingles/h...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Pedro de Atacama