San Pedro Sula Travel Answers

change location

Researching a potential move---what part of the city...

by wannago123 Online Now Apr 12, 2005 at 2:13 PM

I'm a recent college grad and keep hearing alot about chances to teach English in Honduras. Next week I'll have more info about this opportunity in San Pedro Sula, but I thought I could possibly get some real life info here. I saw a post from January by someone who said they were from Honduras, and this person said that the city wasn't very safe. They mentioned problems with gangs in San Pedro Sula. Of course if I'm going to teach there I'll be living there. Someone else told me that the city was reasonably safe but that you have to be careful about where you choose to live. Does anyone know if there is a part of the city that would be safe for a single American woman (who barely speaks Spanish!) to live alone, and what the cost of housing would be like there? Any reasonably accurate information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Researching a potential move---what part of the city...

by cmeador Online Now Apr 13, 2005 at 4:33 AM

Wanna -

If you don't get the kind of info. you want here at VT which is a tourism site you may try posting the same question at the yahoo group sites for honduras-tourism and travel-to-honduras. Many posters on those boards have considerable experience in San Pedro Sula and may better be able to answer your question.

Charlie Meador

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • karenperrin's Profile Photo

RE: Researching a potential move---what part of the city...

by karenperrin Online Now May 28, 2005 at 10:32 PM

my brother is an american living and working there, you can contact him at:
    Richardcounts@yahoo.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Pedro Sula