San Pedro Sula Travel Answers

change location

San Pedro Sula to Pico Bonito

by elcanario Online Now Jun 23, 2003 at 3:31 PM

Traveling with my wife to Honduras in September. Looking for the most economical yet efficient and safe way to get to and from Pico Bonito from San Pedro Sula. I would like to either take a nice air conditioned bus or rent a car. I wonder about the ladder due to the possibility of poor highways and roads. I am bilingual so I needn't look for a specialized guide of sorts. Please give any suggestions.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • dantes2's Profile Photo

Re: San Pedro Sula to Pico Bonito

by dantes2 Online Now Jun 23, 2003 at 3:35 PM

I'm not too sure about the direction you are going, but I found the roads in Honduras really pretty good. I don't recommend San Pedro Sula. Definately don't go out at night.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

Re: San Pedro Sula to Pico Bonito

by kiwigal_1 Online Now Jun 23, 2003 at 7:12 PM

I believe that you will have to get to either Tela or La Ceiba and then go to Pico Bonito from there. It may be better for you to hire a car than take public transport. There are buses from San Pedro Sula to Tela (via El Progreso) and also a direct service (Catisa-Tupsa) to La Ceiba via Tela. I have links to other transportation information that may be worth looking at on my Honduras page. I can also give you the email of a Honduran friend living in San Pedro Sula who may be able to help you out if all else fails! Let me know. Regards, Rhianon

• Re: San Pedro Sula to Pico Bonito

by walter556SPS Online Now Jul 27, 2003 at 3:34 PM

It is easier to travel by public bus,they provide a good service and the numerous routes offer a cheap and pleasant way to travel through the city.

• kmcabe1's Profile Photo

Re: Re: San Pedro Sula to Pico Bonito

by kmcabe1 Online Now Jul 15, 2004 at 10:41 PM

Public transportation is the best in Honduras. You get to travel in air conditioned buses, with VCR televisions (not that I liked the movie). The buses are terrific. You could rent a car, especially if you need one. I'd do the renting from your home - that way you know you get a good rate. San Pedro Sula is relatively safe. It just freaks you out having guards standing with guns by your hotel - or in front of banks. It is an interesting city, but there isn't much to see there. Ceiba is kind of ugly too. You really get to the beauty of Honduras when you go into the incredible parks, and getting to the water. Ceibas beaches are dirty and polluted. The Bay Island are gorgeous and very un Honduran. Doesn't feel like your in Honduras when you go there. Copan Ruinas was really nice and Copan is gorgeous. The captial (called spell it - sorry) really isn't set up for tourist, but is interesting. How about being adventurous and going to the Mosquito Coast - now that would incredible. I didn't have time, but would go back anytime. Beautiful country.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Pedro Sula