San Pedro La Laguna Travel Answers

change location

how does one get there from guatemala city?

by vdawg Online Now Mar 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM

hi!

any recommendations on how one gets grom the guatemala city aurora airport, to san pedro?

i've read some vague mentionings of minibuses costing around10. could someone please give me some more specific information?

can you get a mini bus to san pedro from the aurora airport?
if not, where in guatemala city do you have to go to get it?

what are the most recommended minibus companies?

i am a female travelling alone, i want to feel safe.

anybody familiar with don juan's minibus service? his website states that his bus seats 10 people, but he charges a flat rate of125 per trip, no matter how many people are in the bus. does anyone know if this bus fills up?

i would greatly appreciate any advice!

thanks,

girl escaping chicago dreariness

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • gfinesilver's Profile Photo

Re: how does one get there from guatemala city?

by gfinesilver Online Now Mar 9, 2009 at 10:34 PM

there is a direct bus at least once a day. i don't know what time though. sorry.

if you want to get a shuttle for more cheaply, you may have to go to antigua and change to one to san pedro,. there are also buses from guate to panajachel where you can catch a boat to san pedro.
    if you have trouble finding what you need, let me know.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Chenbaaxal's Profile Photo

Re: how does one get there from guatemala city?

by Chenbaaxal Online Now Mar 12, 2009 at 7:26 AM

The shuttles to Antigua cost10 from the airport.

See thebusschedule.com/gt/index....

It looks like there are a good many bus options from Antigua via Chimaltenango to San Pedro la Laguna that direct or even from Guatemala (City). I used the names as you need to type them for you to more easily use the website. There is some worry over inter-city second class buses from Guate, but from Antigua they should be plenty safe.

Good luck!

• Re: how does one get there from guatemala city?

by axpad Online Now May 9, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Hello!!, you'll be safe don't worry, but my questions now is, you'll travel to san pedro sula honduras, or san pedro san marcos Guatemala, because i live in Guatemala and can help you to know about the price and the places where you can take this..

have a good day

• Re: how does one get there from guatemala city?

by hullygully69 Online Now Apr 11, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Hi all the shuttle busses are more or less the same. when you get off the plane get to the people who are waiting at the doors of the arrivals keep your eyes and ears open for i guy wanting to take you to antigua, ask how much? about
    100 Q they take you to antiqua your drop off point is your pickup point for your bus to san pedro. hostels are within walking distance of dropoff point in antiqua and its worth staying a night. get to san pedro, tuc-tucs are 5 Q per person to anywhere lots of hostels and cheap. steve

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines