San Miguel de Cozumel

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Resorts with Best Beach

Playa del Carmen Aug 19, 2014 at 2:14 PM

We're planning a trip in March to Playa and want to stay in a resort with the nicest / longest beach for leisurely walks. Any suggestions?

more
    • is Holbox safe for tourists

Isla Holbox Aug 18, 2014 at 2:32 PM

how safe are tourists getting to Holbox from cancun airport
      since this is relatively new tourist area do tourists often get sick from food etc
      is sept to late to swim with whale sharks

more
    • looking for the best deals on all inclusive resorts in the cancun area

Cancún Aug 15, 2014 at 12:33 AM

I'm trying to plan a week long vacation for 5 adults renting 3 rooms in the Cancun area. Anyone have any recommendations?

more
    • Weather in September - rain?

Playa del Carmen Sep 5, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Hi we're planning a trip to Playa the last week of September but the weather report says rain, rain, rain. Can someone there please tell me how bad is the rain? We have 2 little kids and the last thing we want is to be stuck in a hotel! Please advise.

Thank you,
      Gina

more
    • Cenotes for swimming

Tulum Sep 3, 2014 at 6:46 PM

I will be in Tulum at the end of October and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a "beginners" cenote for a somewhat nervous person, I have been reading all the write-ups and travellers reviews, and now I am confused.

more
    • Downtown Cancun- staying in Playa del Carmen

Cancún Aug 17, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Hello!
      My daughter and I are staying in Playa del Carmen, but would like to go on a day trip to Cancun. I think we'l take the bus, and we'd like to go to El Centro, where the real downtown is. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this?
      Thanks!!

more
    • Is it safe to drink alcohol in Cozumel?

Isla Cozumel Sep 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Me and my Husband are traveling to Cozumel in December.
      We heard that drinking any alcohol that is NOT in a closed bottle, to not drink it because it will
      make you really sick.

If it's not safe to drink mixed drinks, what kind of alcohol do you drink besides beer?

Is it safe in SR Frogs, and Hard Rock Cafe?
      Would appreciate the info :)

more
    • Why do you people leave the USA in the first place?

Playa del Carmen 12 hours ago

I stumbled on this forum for travel and as I scrolled through the comments I thought "why do these people bother to visit?" I find most of you to be whiny, privileged, spoiled, complaining people who will not be satisfied with anything short of taking a slice of USA and plopping it down in some third world country. This is clearly a very very close thing to what 5th ave in PDC has done, and you do nothing but gripe.

Let me give you a clue. PDC fifth is a glittering tourist trap designed to appeal to wealthy westerners (mostly Americans), and separate you from your money as rapidly as possible. It is NOT designed to give you a "taste of Mexico" but rather to isolate you from Mexico as much as possible.... think Boca Raton where the service industry all speak poor English and hawk overpriced giltzy souvenirs so you can hang on your wall or wear to show you are a world traveler.
      The people here despise you, but they need your money. They have contempt for you, even as they grovel. You can get over that, if you treat them kindly,with respect, and ask them questions about their lives. They are often very eager to practice English (I am teaching English to some of them here). Mexican people are, in general, some of the most kind and accommodating and friendliest people in the world.
      PDC is a perfect example of giving you what YOU want, which is small overpriced (CRAZY overpriced!!) refuge where you can indulge in an alcohol soaked binge of self indulgence, complete with sexual fantasies (they import girls from Eastern Europe who are functionally human slaves to perform whatever degraded acts rich perverts want) and drugs (they are sold openly on fifth). These, of course, draw in the crime syndicates, and the Zetas rule the strip, extorting "protection" money and wantonly killing any honest Mexican businessman who tries to resist, controlling both the drug trade and the sex industry..... and providing you a chance to "tsk tsk" at the horrible corruption and violence endemic to Mexico and to bless your lucky stars you don't have to live in such a filthy nasty place....., right.
      So, my advice to most of you is, STAY HOME. As bad as Mexico needs the tourist dollars, the crap you bring with you is actually more destructive than the poverty.

OTOH, if you want a paradise of beach escape, complete with a chance to mingle with a class of Mexicans who are relatively wealthy and sophisticated compared to the rest of Mexico, a chance to expand past the small world of mall shopping and pre packaged life in the USA, a chance to meet people from all over the world, a chance to practice (or learn) a bit of Spanish, and a chance to take home true treasures (memories of some wonderful people), then check your ego, privilege, and snootiness at the USA airport and come on down. It can be a beautiful place.

more
    • excursions with 13 1/2 month baby

Cancún Aug 30, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Hi, really need some help! Travelling to Cancun in January with my partner and baby boy who will be 13 1/2 months when we travel.

We really want to do some adventure excursions and days out but what is suitable for us as a family?

I have been twice before and done pretty much everything but without a baby! I can only really think of Xel-Ha, Xcaret and Isla Mujeres but really wanted to do dolphins etc.

If anyone can suggest any days out/trips that accommodate babies please advise.

Thanks in advance!!

more
    • Left my ATM card in Cancun airport machine!!!

Cancún Aug 17, 2014 at 7:39 AM

You won't believe this, but I left my ATM card in the machine at the airport in cancun. Can anyone tell me what to do?? Can I get it back at all?

more