change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MarthaT.'s Profile Photo

Banking in San Miguel

by MarthaT. Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Is there a Scotiabank in San Miguel? Plan to visit in a few months, and would like to use ATMs for my cash needs, but hate paying atm fees. What banks are there? Are any connected to Scotiabank in Canada? Thanks.

more
    • BigBrando's Profile Photo

Bus from Dolores Hildago to San Miguel de Allende

by BigBrando Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I'm wondering if I can bus from Dolores Hildago to San Miguel de Allende. Primera Plus doesn't seem to offer the route are there other companies or local busses that offer this route ? Thanks.

more
    • BigBrando's Profile Photo

Bus from Dolores Hildago to San Miguel de Allende

by BigBrando Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I'm wondering if I can bus from Dolores Hildago to San Miguel de Allende. Primera Plus doesn't seem to offer the route are there other companies or local busses that offer this route ? Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    • MarthaT.'s Profile Photo

Banking in San Miguel

by MarthaT. Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Is there a Scotiabank in San Miguel? Plan to visit in a few months, and would like to use ATMs for my cash needs, but hate paying atm fees. What banks are there? Are any connected to Scotiabank in Canada? Thanks.

• University Graduate in San Miguel de Allende

by sma7 Online Now May 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I recently graduated from a University in Texas and plan on taking a month long vacation in San Miguel de Allende for the entire month of June before hitting the real world. While I have visited the city before and know it pretty well, it would be nice to meet some new people and relax while I am there. While I am 22 years young, I do not have a preference in age when getting to know people. From a 21 year old student to a 65 year old ex-patriot. I enjoy my time with all. I am an avid sports enthusiast and plan on spending a lot of my time watching the upcoming World Cup games while having a drink (or two), but want to also get to know the city a bit more. Anything from going to the Jardin, finding a swimming spot to relax, traveling to the countryside to hike, or even kicking the ball around. I am usually open to anything and would also like to try and travel to nearby cities and even a city on the coast. It would be great to get any ideas on places where people hangout or anything worth knowing about.

1 Answer May 21, 2014 at 7:34 PM
    • Questions for current SMA expats/locals

by ugaemeritus Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Coming in for three days (May 22-25) from Guadalajara. From Atlanta, GA and will be spending a few weeks traveling around Mexico. Wondering what the "musts" are for my short trip to SMA. I love off the beaten path kinda stuff but don't wanna get outside SMA. Best weekend markets, street food vendors, bars and restaurants and local activities would be appreciated. If there is anything special going on for these dates, I would also love to know about them! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from everyone!

• San Miguel Local Tour Guide

by kjwoods55 Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM

We would like to find an amazing local tour guide that is professional and very knowledgeable about San Miguel. References would be helpful. Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 1:18 PM
    • Swimming pools

by alansand Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Where can I go for a swim?

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 7:46 PM
    • How many days to stay in St Miguel to see it all?

by jlarthur1953 Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM

We are hoping to visit several mt cities and trying to figure out how many days to stay in each town. The only other city we have decided is a "must" is Guanjuato.

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    • Pool Hall in San Miguel de allende

by farflunglori Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Anyone know the address of Bolo Ocho or other pool halls?
      thanks

2 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    • Shipping personal effects to San Miguel

by Mike.Hertz Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I will be going to San Miguel with 4-5 suitcases. It would be expensive to ship these as extra baggage by plane. Is it possible to get a good bus from San Antonio to SMA? Or is there a better way to ship the extra bags rather than as excess baggage?

1 Answer Oct 23, 2013 at 6:51 AM
    • San Miguel to Mexico City

by nlstein Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM

We are arranging private transport to and from Mexico City Airport, and will spend several days in Mexico City at the end of our trip next February.
      1. Is the trip between Mexico City and San Miguel safe?
      2. How much should we expect to pay (4 people)
      3. Do you have a favorite limo service?
      4. What service will provide both transport to and from the airport plus guide service in Mexico City?

4 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    • Weather Consistency

by sdnewstreet Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I am 62 and aquired an sinner ear issue a few years ago. Mostly I get vertigo if the air is "heavy" (inversion layer) or the barometer changes pressure significantly or frequently. I do well in the mountains and get sick in Oregon USA weather or coastal "June Gloom". Does anyone have feedback or no another in San Miguel Allende that has inner ear issues (often called Meniere's)? Thank you. (I am looking to stay 4-6 months to see how I feel there).

3 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM
    • Swimming facilities

by jewelsgum Online Now Jul 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Are there any public pools in SMA?

3 Answers Aug 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    • kareywalter's Profile Photo

What to wear?

by kareywalter Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Spending 3 weeks in Posos de Mineral and San Migeul de Allende. Clothing suggestions and or other must need? want to pack small to bring camera equipment.
      Thanks,
      Karey

2 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    • kareywalter's Profile Photo

clothing

by kareywalter Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM

what to pack for 20 days in July?

• cooking class

by danselivonchick Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

what does a cooking class cost

1 Answer Jul 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM
    • Cost of a bus ticket

by paimai Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Can anyone tell me what the cost of a first class bus ticket is from SMA to Puerto Vallarta? We are planning a trip in a few months and would like to spend some time in both locations and travel by bus. What is the time it takes to get to PV from SMA by bus?

3 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    • Bus Fares

by bobnkije Online Now May 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Is there a bus to San Luis Potosi from San Miquel de Allende

4 Answers May 20, 2013 at 5:53 AM
    • Barriers

by morgan11 Online Now May 13, 2013 at 3:33 PM

What are some travel barriers (weather and transportation barriers, diseases, pollution, terrorism, cultural barriers and local customs) when traveling to San Miguel de Allende?

2 Answers May 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    • theyogamama's Profile Photo

Welding Classes

by theyogamama Online Now Apr 16, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I will be in SMA this summer and would like to take a 1 day introductory welding class. Any knowledge of one? Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

2 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

A Special Restaurant for Special Birthday

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM

my husband and I will be in SMA next weekend when he has a B I G Birthday and I wondered if anyone has recently experienced a truly special spot there?? We like all kinds of food; do NOT need it to be Mexican fare. (we've not been there for a few yrs and just usually go to less expensive places)

• Hiking Trails/Climbing

by mommaloo81 Online Now Oct 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM

My daughter will be visiting us when we are in SMA.
      Does anyone have suggestions where she can go hiking and/or climbing?
      Thanks

1 Answer Dec 10, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    • How to get to San Miquel

by carvig Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 4:41 PM

If you fly into Leon, how do you get to San Miquel Is it safe for a single women?

6 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    • Best location for apt in San Miguel

by johntirrell Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 7:26 AM

I'm looking for a one or two br apt in San Miguel fro Feb 2012. Where is the best location to be in. Don't want to walk uphill too much.
      Thanks Johnny from Martha's Vineyard

2 Answers Nov 6, 2011 at 4:32 PM
    • San Miguel de Allende restaurants

by macu8344 Online Now Sep 27, 2010 at 8:22 AM

We are going to San Miguel the end of October and staying in the San Antonio area. We used to love going to Cha Cha Cha on previous visits but understand it is now closed. Does anyone know if that is true? Is there another restaurant in its place now? We would love some other suggestions for good restaurants in that neighborhood.

• oslocairo's Profile Photo

planning time to visit colonial cities around Guanajuato

by oslocairo Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Hi!

I am planning a trip where I will stay in a hostel in Guanajuato and will have 9 days of visiting time. Since I am making Guanajuato my home base, I would like to visit other cities near by as day trips.

I know nothing about these places, but realize, at least that some are smaller than others and of course,and perhaps several could be visited in one day, while others would take several days.

Nonetheless, I am on a limited budget and so must return to Guanajuato to sleep. Also, I do not have a car, so would likely take a bus.

With that in mind, What are your recommendations? My thought was the following: Guadalajara ( I know, more than one day, but possibly city center highlights?), Queretaro, Morelia/ Patzuaro, Zacatecas. San Luis Potosi, Aquaclaientes,San Miguel de Allende. I have read that Dolores Hidalgo is very important historically, but architecturally, not of that much interest, but I am not sure.

I assume I will spend 3 days or so seeing Guanajuato as well and can, of course see it in small chunks of time each day as well. I have a lot of energy and don't mind long days, but am I just crazy to try to see all of this in my short time?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you for any suggestions.

9 Answers Dec 10, 2012 at 3:57 PM
    • Cemetaries

by hamnerex Online Now Aug 18, 2010 at 12:18 PM

My cousin, Barbara Faith Corrovibuis, lived with her husband Alfonso in San Miguel and died in 1996. Her husband died a year later. Where could I find information where they are buried in San Migue? I will be visiting in October.

2 Answers Nov 6, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    • How Late Does the Bus Run from Q to SMA?

by wanderlustig Online Now May 23, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I will be traveling to San Miguel de Allende in August. I'm flying in to Mexico City and taking the bus. I've already learned a lot about this process by reading the answers to others' postings. I still have a couple of questions: (1) I will arrive in Queretaro between 7:00 and 8:00 p.m. Are there still buses running at that hour to SMA? (2) I will be returning to Mexico City via bus on a Sunday. Do buses run as frequently on Sundays as they do on weekdays?

6 Answers Dec 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    • Going to SMA

by petunia01 Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Hi Folks--

Will be going to SMA end of April, 2010 and finding we'll be there for Temazacal being held on April 28th. Cost is25USD/per person. Has anyone gone to this? Seems pricey for a dip in a hot springs bath with herbs under the stars, or is there more to it?

Thanks!

• renting a car

by farmwife45 Online Now Nov 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

We are traveling to San Miguel in January. We want to visit with friends in Comonfort and will need a vehicle for 3 or 4 days. Would it be best to use one of the shuttle services from Leon airport and rent a vehicle once we get to San Miguel?

5 Answers Feb 10, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    • price of bus ticket

by rchitekt Online Now Oct 6, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Can anybody tell me the price of bus ticket( in US) from Mexico city's Norte terminal to San Miguel de Allende ?

I checked the primersplus website. It shows one way fare of 235
      Is that true.Does the sign means US dollars or local currency??

14 Answers Dec 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM