San Miguel de Allende Travel Answers

change location

Best location for apt in San Miguel

by johntirrell Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 7:26 AM

I'm looking for a one or two br apt in San Miguel fro Feb 2012. Where is the best location to be in. Don't want to walk uphill too much.
Thanks Johnny from Martha's Vineyard

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • gomexico's Profile Photo

Re: Best location for apt in San Miguel

by gomexico Online Now Jul 20, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Centro, close to the Jardin. Or, a bit further away but a colonia I like a lot: San Antonio. There are more.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GringaMo's Profile Photo

Re: Best location for apt in San Miguel

by GringaMo Online Now Nov 6, 2011 at 4:32 PM

It really depends on your budget. Centro is the most expensive, noisiest and easiest to get around. But keep in mind it is hard to avoid walking hills completely, unless you take taxis.

I live in Independencia and LOVE it there. It is about the same distance away from centro as Sna Antonio (a popular area for gringos), and we are a tight-knit group: even having dinners to meet others in our colonia. Everyone seems to have a preference and would many would never live anywhere but whatever colonia they are in.

I have friends who own a home in Centro on Mesones and have a lot of trouble because Centro is also the most noisy by far.

If I did not live in Independencia, I would consider Guadalupe. Safer than San Antonio and the apts. are less pricey, often.

Good luck,
    Maureen

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines