San Marino Travel Answers

change location

How far is Bologna from San Marino??

by VenusinLeathers Online Now Feb 12, 2007 at 12:59 PM

Can anyone help ..pleasee ?? I am wanting to "do" the San Marino Moto GP in September ,however i,m a little confused as to exactly the nearest place to fly to /stay: i know Ancona is probably the nearest ,however getting a flight from Scotland to Ancona involves 2 stops , a total of nearly 12 hrs flying/travelling. As for Rimini this is also the same with flights stopping in Munich , Rome etc -it appears easier for me to fly to Bologna ,time and stops wise but i,m not sure of just how far Bologna is to San Marino ..can anyone please help ??? Thanks :)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

RE: How far is Bologna from San Marino??

by qaminari Online Now Feb 12, 2007 at 1:31 PM

Best way to S. Marino is by bus from Rimini (+/- 45 mins), see San Marino Transportation
    and you can get from Bologna Centrale to Rimini by direct train, it takes between 1 and 1 1/2 hours depending on departure. To this you have to add the bus from Bologna Airport, which stops right outside Bologna Centrale station.
    For train timetables see trenitala or bahn.hafas.de/bin/query.exe/....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

RE: RE: How far is Bologna from San Marino??

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 12, 2007 at 7:22 PM

gami has given you the best route, I think, all things considered.

Note that gami suffers from the same curse that we all do...that we too often don't see our typos until after we post ;-)....I am sure gami meant to type "trenitalia" (or www.trenitalia.com) for the official website of the Italian national rail system. The German site that gami listed is an excellent site (it's the website of the German rail system, but they have schedules for all of Europe), but it probably won't be able to price trips that are wholly within another country, so to get pricing, you need to go to www.trenitalia.com .

In any case, gami has given you the answer, and now you have the link to a website that you ought to become familiar with...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular San Marino Travel Answer Locations