San Luis Potosí

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Geli Dolls /Munecas Geli

Mexico City Yesterday

I currently live in NY, but was looking for someone who is traveling to Mexico City.

My sister in law bought me a beautiful doll last year when she was on vacation (they are called Munecas Geli) and they only sell them in Mexico City. They are 100% vinyl and have long realistic eyelashes. From what i have researched online, they are sold in the stores Sanborn & Liverpool (I'm not sure if she got them there as well). Anyways, my niece's birthday is coming up, and I would love to get her a Geli doll. The problem I am having is that shipping takes too long from Mexico (about a month). I was wondering if anyone out there is willing to help me by bringing one back to the US (I'll pay for shipping from your state to mine). Does anyone have a clue about these dolls? Or is anyone out there who is traveling now or soon willing to help me? Please email me at viviana.tello@aol.com
      Thanks!

more
    • Travel from McAllen, TX to Mexico City

Mexico Apr 14, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Planning summer travel to Mexico City from McAllen via Monterrey-Saltillo-Matehuala-San Luis Potosi-Querétero, etc., I've driven McAllen-Monterrey plenty, but haven't Monterrey-Querétaro, in a few years. Any info on those who have would be greatly appreciated. General "safety" (I'm not one of those super "paranoid" to travel to Mexico, just take my precautions as I do when I travel anywhere), road quality, clean rest/gas stops, etc. Many thanks!

more
    • things to do with kids

Playa del Carmen Apr 11, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Are there any special events happening in June 2014

more
    • Woonelly's Profile Photo

Which is better???

Cabo San Lucas Apr 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Me and 3 of my girlfriends are wanting to go away for my 35 birthday in July . I always wanted to go to Cabo but I have been hearing there is a really young crowd. We are looking to relax but also have fun at night with mature crowds around us. Where should we go and which all inclusive hotels do you suggest ????

more
    • Woonelly's Profile Photo

Which is better???

Cabo San Lucas Apr 9, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Me and 3 of my girlfriends are wanting to go away for my 35 birthday in July . I always wanted to go to Cabo but I have been hearing there is a really young crowd. We are looking to relax but also have fun at night with mature crowds around us. Where should we go and which all inclusive hotels do you suggest ????

more
    • Liv4thebeach's Profile Photo

Cheap place to stay on South end of beach

Tulum Apr 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Does anyone know of good place to stay on South end of beach close to Sian Ka'an reserve? We stayed at Rancho San Eric last year and loved it but it is $210/nt. we really just need privacy and a place to sleep. Pretty easy going. Thought about staying with "naked beach guy" on the reserve but I think that's a little much for me.
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
      Thanks!

more
    • Yucatan, Mexico - Yoga Retreat - looking for travel friends

Estado de México Apr 2, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Hi,

I'm 25 years old, spanish (sorry for my english!!) and last year I was to a yoga retreat in Sayulita, México and was wonderfull! The location was very special and give me fantastic nature esperience and I knew a lot of people from any nations and culture.

Here you can find photos of the retreat and the magic place ommretreats.com/magic-mexico...

This year I want repeat my experience with the same mexico yoga retreat, but in Yucatan: ommretreats.com/trips/sanmig...
      Any one want to come with me? Any spanish/european friend to make together the yoga trip?

Thanks a lot for your attention!

more
    • information

Oaxaca de Juárez Apr 9, 2014 at 3:46 PM

are there a lot of american stores in oaxaca?

more
    • Travel Between Hotels

Puerto Morelos Apr 9, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Hi, I am going to Puerto Morelos in a few weeks for a wedding and wondering if there is a bus that goes between the hotels? I am staying at the Ocean Coral and Turquesa and need to get to the Azul Sensori.

Thanks!

more
    • driving from houston to nuevo laredo

Nuevo Laredo Apr 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM

i just need to see a family member that will be waiting for me on the other side. i have a passport but i do not have a permit for my car. what can i do? And also i need to take with me 3 large bags. can i pass to the other side with them?
      i need help asap pls!

more
    • from GDL to Uruapan

Guadalajara Apr 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM

how much is the bus ticket from GDL to Uruapan Michuacan? How many hours is it?

more
    • Gift Certificate

Cancún Apr 3, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Do you know where I can buy a dinner certificate in Cancun for a good restaurant...? My friends is getting married in Cancun and I want to send  them a nice gift :)

more
    • Tips and must do in Ensenada in 2 days?

Ensenada Apr 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM

19 year old college daughter and I are going to Ensenada for 2 days tomorrow -- we are both outdoorsy, nature lovers, also both speak Spanish and love culture and meeting people. Not big shoppers. At home staying at a really inexpensive hotel or a nice resort. We are renting a car in San Diego and driving down. Already have hotel reservations. Thanks!!

more
    • PeterParkerS's Profile Photo

Chapultepec Castle Visit , Mexico City

Mexico City Mar 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I am new to mexico . I want to visit chapultepec Castle and Park on 29 March Saturday. Can anyone join me please .

more
    • House in Zihua

Zihuatanejo Mar 26, 2014 at 7:02 AM

I need a place to stay for about 3 months that has 3 bedrooms and a pool and allows a dog. Is there anything affordable out there?

more
    • Questions for current SMA expats/locals

San Miguel de Allende Mar 26, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Coming in for three days (May 22-25) from Guadalajara. From Atlanta, GA and will be spending a few weeks traveling around Mexico. Wondering what the "musts" are for my short trip to SMA. I love off the beaten path kinda stuff but don't wanna get outside SMA. Best weekend markets, street food vendors, bars and restaurants and local activities would be appreciated. If there is anything special going on for these dates, I would also love to know about them! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from everyone!

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Concert Tickets

Mexico City Mar 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Considering going to Mexico City for a couple of concerts. Unfortunately Ticketmaster Mexico doesn't have great seats available. Is there a site such as Stub Hub, Ebay, etc. that would have tickets for concerts at the Auditorio Nacional?

more
    • GinetteM's Profile Photo

Crossing on the ferry with a 35 feel long motor home

Isla Holbox Mar 21, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Can someone tell me if we can cross the motor home on the ferry.
      We have already spend 5 month in our motor home in Mexico a few years ageo my question is about taking the ferry to get to Holbox..

more
    • must do 's in playadel carmen area

Cancún 12 hours ago

hello my wife and i r traveling to cancun for the end of june and was up in the air about wat things we must do in a short 7 day vacate ? and wat package would be best worth it ?

more
    • Pesos how much to bring for a weeks stay?

Puerto Vallarta Apr 11, 2014 at 9:53 PM

How much money to bring for a weeks stay in PV

more
    • maryabbey@att.net

Progreso Apr 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Does Progreso take American dollars?
      What beach can I find seashells?

more
    • fishing in playa Del Carmen

Playa del Carmen Mar 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM

If staying at campground at xel-ha are you able
      To put your boat in the water easy. Can you easily
      Drive on sand with truck??

more
    • PeterParkerS's Profile Photo

An Indian boy wants to enjoy the rich heritage and beauty of mexico city. Please guide.

Mexico City Mar 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Hi I am from India and I am new to Mexico City. I want to enjoy the beauty and rich heritage of mexico so that I can take beautiful memories back home, Friends please help me in planning my tour. I will stay 1 month in mexico, Thanks in advance.

more
    • Walking into Tijuana

Tijuana Mar 25, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I've been across many times, but the last time, the new pedestrian route was a difficult walk for me. Are there now any reasonable alternatives ? Mexicoach used to run a cross border bus, but they were very unreliable. I think there must be some other way - I'm not the only one who would have difficulty with the new pedestrian crossing.

more
    • BEACHES???

Estado de Tamaulipas Mar 23, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hello! I wanted to know if anyone knows of any beaches in Tamaulipas??

more

Near San Luis Potosí

• AlexL62's Profile Photo

taxis and long term stay in San Luis Potosi

by AlexL62 Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Which are the safest taxis in San Luis Potosi?

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • Is it safe?

by briannalisaa Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM

my mom and sister are going to San Luis Potosí in a few days along with a few other people and they are traveling through bus, I myself am not going but I am extreamly worried. is it safe for them to travel and stay there? please help!!

1 Answer Jul 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    • Is it safe?

by emcclintock Online Now Jun 7, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Is it safe for an American citizen to visit San Luis Potosi currently? I would like to point out that I am flying into San Luis and will be staying with a friend and her family who have lived there their whole lifes.

3 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    • Gaybars

by paulinjoseluisgonzal Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Is Sanluispotosi has any gay bar? or any coffe place to visit
      is there is where are the locations, are they safe places to hang out

• oslocairo's Profile Photo

planning time to visit colonial cities around Guanajuato

by oslocairo Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Hi!

I am planning a trip where I will stay in a hostel in Guanajuato and will have 9 days of visiting time. Since I am making Guanajuato my home base, I would like to visit other cities near by as day trips.

I know nothing about these places, but realize, at least that some are smaller than others and of course,and perhaps several could be visited in one day, while others would take several days.

Nonetheless, I am on a limited budget and so must return to Guanajuato to sleep. Also, I do not have a car, so would likely take a bus.

With that in mind, What are your recommendations? My thought was the following: Guadalajara ( I know, more than one day, but possibly city center highlights?), Queretaro, Morelia/ Patzuaro, Zacatecas. San Luis Potosi, Aquaclaientes,San Miguel de Allende. I have read that Dolores Hidalgo is very important historically, but architecturally, not of that much interest, but I am not sure.

I assume I will spend 3 days or so seeing Guanajuato as well and can, of course see it in small chunks of time each day as well. I have a lot of energy and don't mind long days, but am I just crazy to try to see all of this in my short time?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you for any suggestions.

• Port Angeles, Washington usa

by enino Online Now Jan 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM

the holiday inn that is mentioned, is that the one on the same highway that takes you to mexico city?

4 Answers Jan 22, 2010 at 9:50 AM
    • International organizations or Mexican /American organizations in the city, etc.,.

by Honnod Online Now Jul 18, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Are there subject organizations in the city where a visitor from the USA might meet and exchange experiences?
      What opportunities, if any, are there to rent a room in a safe neighborhood from a private person for a couple of days to a week in the city, and what might be the rent rates?

Honnod

1 Answer Jul 19, 2008 at 6:23 PM
    • currency convertion

by jduran Online Now Oct 12, 2006 at 3:52 PM

I would like to know that, when making hotel reservations in some parts of Mexico,does a person pay for room rates with American dollars or Mexican pesos?
      How is that determined?

3 Answers Oct 14, 2006 at 9:29 PM
    • Yazminineurope's Profile Photo

Place to stay

by Yazminineurope Online Now Aug 29, 2006 at 8:43 PM

Hi! :)
      Im driving to San Luis , can you recomend me a nice clean, cheap accomodation around 500 pesos double in your beutiful city?
      Any information would be useful :)

5 Answers Sep 15, 2007 at 6:39 PM
    • Nightlife

by RobGut Online Now Mar 1, 2006 at 5:47 PM

We are spending one night at San Luis Potosi (Sunday Night) and we are staying at Real Plaza. Do you have any good resturants/bars in the same area. Is this hotel a good place to stay? Someone told me that a good place to go is El Callejon de San Francisco. What other places can we visit for a drink.

• Anyone know about Hotel Real Plaza - good area and good accomodations

by twinklefoots Online Now Dec 18, 2004 at 8:47 PM

We're thinking of staying at the Hotel Real Plaza and want to know if it's a good place to stay and if the area is good. Any suggestions of where else we might stay? Also, we can't seem to find any web site where we can make a reservation for that the Hotel Real Plaza. How can we go about doing this if we don't speak Spanish even if we were to phone. If it's not close to the center of the old part of the city, any idea what a taxi would cost?

2 Answers Jan 2, 2005 at 4:49 PM
    • English speakers?

by Mike&Linda Online Now Oct 21, 2004 at 6:08 PM

Hi. We have lived in Ajijic for 7 years and it's getting really crowded! We're considering other areas of Mexico. We spent a little time in June in San Luis Potosi and were quite charmed by it. Does anyone have any idea how many English speaking residents live in San Luis Potosi? We certainly enjoy our Mexican friends and neighbors here in Ajijic but we also enjoy socializing with our English speaking friends. Any light anyone could shed on the situation there would be appreciated.

1 Answer Oct 22, 2004 at 1:09 PM
    • isaluna's Profile Photo

BUS FROM SLP TO GUADALAJARA!!???

by isaluna Online Now Sep 6, 2004 at 8:09 AM

HI !!! Could you please tell me how much it will cost to get from SLP to Guadalajara? Which bus company is good???? HOw long will the trip last??? Thank you SOO MUCH! Isabelle!

3 Answers Oct 9, 2006 at 5:25 PM
    • Nightlife in San Luis Potosi

by vishxxx Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 4:08 PM

Hi , I'm in San Luis Potosi for a week on business. Am quite alone in the evenings. Can somebody suggest good safe nightclubs in San Luis Potosi (Topless etc.). Please give me a full address in English. I don't understand a word of Spanish. Having some problem because of that. Also let me know till what time in night is it safe to move around in streets.

• Recreation and Sightseeing

by JanBerry Online Now Aug 16, 2004 at 6:14 PM

I have located a place to rent (so ignore my previous question!). Now I'd like to know what to do when I get there! What are some interesting local things to see or do? Are there any scenic locations within an hour or so of the city? Any recommended restaurants? I leave in a week, so PLEASE reply soon! Thanks....

3 Answers Aug 21, 2004 at 5:52 PM
    • House Rental in SLP

by JanBerry Online Now May 9, 2004 at 7:45 PM

I would like to spend a couple of months in San Luis Potosi this fall. If anyone is aware of a furnished home for rent on a monthly basis, I would appreciate a response. I would prefer at least two bedrooms, but will also rent a one bedroom home or condominium.

1 Answer Aug 16, 2004 at 6:12 PM
    • Staying in Matehuala

by Julissarodz87 Online Now Apr 16, 2004 at 2:22 PM

I will be going to Matehuala soon and am curious about where to stay (any recomendations?) and or where to eat (safely) Thank you for your time.

• Is San Luis Potosi a good place for a Gringo to retire?

by JohnCash Online Now Mar 6, 2004 at 4:31 PM

I am thinking of living in Mexico after I retire in a few years. Is San Luis Potosi a good place for an American to retire? I will be comming down in a few months to look around and would like suggestions from anyone that has any advice for me. What are the normal housing costs? Living expenses? etc. John

3 Answers Dec 1, 2004 at 9:42 PM
    • ragatzzabella's Profile Photo

Jilitla's hotel

by ragatzzabella Online Now Oct 14, 2003 at 7:15 AM

HI, i'm planning to go to Jilitlas to see house of Sir Edward James, someone told me there is an hotel there.......... Does anyone knows any contact number, or web page where i can find more information? Do i have to make reservations? Any idea how expensive it is? thanks a lot

4 Answers Jan 28, 2005 at 8:45 AM
    • quefregados's Profile Photo

parking in Matehuala, Real de Catorce

by quefregados Online Now May 18, 2003 at 6:31 PM

I'm driving to San Luis Potosi (the state b/c exactly where is still up in the air) this coming weekend. I'm thinking about staying the night in Matehuala & taking the bus into Real de Catorce but need recommendations as to what to do with my car if I check out of a Matehuala hotel in the morning. Where can I safely leave it? At the central de autobuses? Or can I drive it into Real? What is the road like from Matehuala to Real? Thank you. Viky

5 Answers Dec 31, 2004 at 4:16 PM
    • Please Help

by DreaRhenee Online Now Apr 4, 2003 at 6:11 AM

My sister is moving to San Luis Potosi on a two year project with her job. My family and I are kind of worried about her safety. We have several questions about the standard of living there, the people, the culture, etc. Please enlighten us on the area, the plus/minus of living there etc.

6 Answers Oct 9, 2006 at 5:41 PM
    • Mailing address in SLP

by jemaggie Online Now Jan 10, 2003 at 5:59 AM

What is the "zip code" or postal code for mailing letters or packages to San Luis Potosi?

1 Answer Feb 2, 2003 at 2:44 PM