San Luis Obispo Travel Answers

change location
Awfullyordinary's Profile Photo

Nightlife? Restaurants?

by Awfullyordinary Online Now Jun 7, 2005 at 2:27 PM

I am planning on spending my 21st birthday in and around San Luis. I am wondering if anyone knows any fun clubs or bars. I am not a real big clubber, but I figure it is my 21st so I might as well go to one good one. I am also wondering about a couple good restaraunts too. I am not looking to sacrifice my wallet for a really really nice autmosphere if the food is just OK. You know what I mean?
Reply if you can help me with any of this. THANKS!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

RE: Nightlife? Restaurants?

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Jun 7, 2005 at 9:05 PM

SLO is a big college town and there are plenty of clubs. I think it is Thursday nights they do a downtown street market which is a must attend. McClintock's is a great place to hang, try their world famous appetizers. I won't tell you what they are but you can share that information with VT when you get back.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: Nightlife? Restaurants?

by travelgourmet Online Now Jun 8, 2005 at 11:06 AM

There is only one place and that is "Mother's", downtown SLO. See Vebsite:www.motherstavern.com

• Re: Nightlife? Restaurants?

by voisj Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 8:43 PM

OK, This is a pub crawl type of town!!! After 10pm there's lots of places to get in trouble, Start with bulls Tavern then on to the Black Sheep ( 1/2 block south),then over to Mothers,(1/2 Block west), then over to McCarthy's Irish Pub (through Bubble Gum alley and one short block west),then stop in at Spikes in the Creamery(100 Yards back to Higuera and one block west). then back up Higuera east to the frog and peach (one block, across the street from Mothers)
    then stumble acroos the street to The Library, (a total hole), Marties,And the new place next door that used to be Fandango's,then around the corner to Native Lounge (No Shorts or Flippies Here!!) and if your still able to walk Back to Bulls(Across the street) for a nite cap. If you dressed and got money to burn go hit up Guiseppi's and Blue's (one block east). There about 10 others that rock but they require a little driving(or taxi,Clubhouse,Mr Ricks,Harry's and such)
    As for food Go to mo's for BBQ, Mclintocks for meat, Marties for sanwiches Blues for good stuff ($$),Woodstocks for Pizza,Firestones(More meat)Any any of about 10 others within a few blocks of the epicenter (Chorro and Higuera)
    Have fun and take a taxi back to your bed (Nazi cops on Patrol!!)
    RGDS John

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines