San Luis Obispo Travel Answers

change location

cheapest time of the year

by shedreamer Online Now Jul 28, 2003 at 10:25 AM

I'm planning to travel from orlando to san luis obispo some time in the next few months. I'd like to know the cheapest time of year for flights, lodging and/or car rental to San Luis. Thanks much.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Shaft28's Profile Photo

Re: cheapest time of the year

by Shaft28 Online Now Jul 28, 2003 at 1:35 PM

You got me on flights, but I'm guessing summer is the best time to go to San Luis. It is a great town, and heavily influenced by the college there. Summer months mean no parents visiting - my guess you could get a great deal right now. Try Thrift car rental - rates get down to15-19 bucks a day for a car if you don't care what you drive. Might even want to drive down from San Jose Airport - only 3 hours or so. Have fun, SLO is a great town. Make sure to try some of their SLO microbrew beer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: cheapest time of the year

by shedreamer Online Now Aug 4, 2003 at 5:19 PM

Thanks for the input. This confirms my idea of traveling in Sept/Oct.

• Re: cheapest time of the year

by Gregorythomas Online Now Nov 30, 2003 at 8:56 PM

I found your request when I was looking for information about SLO. My wife & I are considering a move and SLO is on our short list...although we have yet to travel there as we live in Nebraska. We would be grateful to hear of your thoughts about life in SLO. We are in our 40's & tire of the winters here. Thanks.

• Re: Re: cheapest time of the year

by Gregorythomas Online Now Nov 30, 2003 at 9:12 PM

G I just read your comments about staying in San Luis Obispo and wondered if you would comment on the city? My wife & I have it on our short list of relocation sites. We lived in Sacramento throughout the 80's, but have been in the midwest ever since. I know the housing costs more, but wonder if that's not offset by the climate, recreation, education & community?Thanks G

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines