San Lorenzo de El Escorial Travel Answers

change location
jean_valjean's Profile Photo

A good place to stay in San Lorenzo?

by jean_valjean Online Now Sep 5, 2006 at 7:18 AM

I am looking for informaiton on a good place to stay for a few days in San Lorenzo de El Escorial. I hope to make it a home base to visit the El Escorial, Avila, Segovia, and La Granha. Most web posting give little information and what I have seen it was not good. We prefer small family run hotels to large tourist hotels. I found a small place in San Lorenzo "Posada Don Jaime" does anyone know this hotel? Has anyone stayed there and is it a practical base for my plans?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Aerond's Profile Photo

RE: A good place to stay in San Lorenzo?

by Aerond Online Now Sep 14, 2006 at 1:51 AM

If you plan to move by public transport, San Lorenzo is not the best place to move to Segovia and la Granja. You then may choose a non-touristic place as is Collado Villalba, which is much better comunicated (although reaching La Granja by public transport can be tricky). If you´re going by car, then San Lorenzo should be nice. Don´t stay in a posada and check Hotel Miranda Suizo, which is next to the monastery and a nice place to stay. It´s not so small, but here in Spain it can be difficult to find a good family run hotel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Lorenzo de El Escorial