San Juan Islands

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• High School Trip

Vashon Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I am taking a group of high school students to the Seattle area on April 30-May 2. We will be staying in cabins at Camp Burton on Vashon Island. Are there any potential attractions that high school students might enjoy on the island?

more
    • Olympic NP or Mt. Rainier in May last week

Washington State Apr 15, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Hi All,
      I will be landing in Seattle on Fri night (5/23) and have 2 days with me to see one of Olympic/Mt. Rainier NP

Which one should I select and what should be the "Must See" attractions, keeping in mind that this will be the Memorial Day weekend and some of these place may still be under snow

My main objective is to capture nature/landscape photos, especially around Sunset / Sunrise / Night time. Are there any waterfalls/short hikes that I should see/do ?

Thanks

more
    • GoJayne's Profile Photo

Sound Garden in Mangussen Park???

Seattle Mar 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I discovered this "site" on your forum pages, but the latest update is from 2005.
      Can any one tell me if it is still accessible to the public, and still there?
      Sounds really cool!
      Thank you - (heading to Seattle in May)

more
    • taxi from airport

Seattle Apr 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Does anyone know how much it will cost to take a taxi from Sea-Tac International airport to the Space Needle area?

Thanks!

more
    • hoothowle's Profile Photo

5 day itinerary leaving from seattle

by hoothowle Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 6:41 AM

where to stay and what areas to see

3 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 9:07 PM
    • CrystalS12's Profile Photo

2 1/2 days in the San Juan Islands

by CrystalS12 Online Now Aug 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Will have our own motorized boat.
      Any recommendations on what we should do?

4 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    • Summer vacation rental

by dgg38 Online Now Dec 23, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I need a five bedroom house or two adjacent rentals for the month of August. I have not chosen an island. There will be 6 and 8 year old children. This trip is about discovering nature.
      Any suggestions?

1 Answer Dec 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM
    • Looking for reputable & fun-lowing kayaking tour operator in San Juan Islands

by phlipforlife Online Now May 8, 2008 at 10:40 AM

I would like to go on a 3 to 5 days kayaking trip in the San Juan Islands in Washington state. Can anyone recommend a kayaking tour operator that offers trips that are reasonable, fun, and well-run? I want to go at the end of June or early July.

1 Answer May 8, 2008 at 11:57 AM
    • Summer33's Profile Photo

Passenger Ferry to San Juan Islands

by Summer33 Online Now Sep 4, 2007 at 2:20 PM

My husband and I would like to do a day trip to the San Juan islands this weekend, which islands downtown including restaurants, museums etc. are within walking distance from the ferry terminal? Which island has the most to do? Any suggestions for whale watching from the shore in September? Any other suggestions for two people that are on foot in the San Juan Islands?
      thanks for your help!

• Whale Watching Recommendations

by MDon Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 3:18 PM

My husband & I will be doing a day trip from Seattle and want to make the experience as unique as possible. We are young and in good shape. I am considering doing a day sea kayaking/whale watching trip or doing a zodiac boat trip (my understanding is that these are only out of Victoria?). We are not really interested in going on a big boat and are hoping to find a way to do this that truly makes the experience feel special as opposed to feeling like we're in a zoo with 100s of other tourists. Would you recommend the zodiac trip or sea kayaking and could you give me some recommendations for tour operators?

3 Answers Jul 28, 2006 at 2:14 AM
    • kezjono's Profile Photo

where to stay

by kezjono Online Now Jun 8, 2006 at 3:54 PM

Where should we stay on San Juan Island in early July. We want to see the fireworks at Roche Harour on the 4th of July, but Friday Harbour sounds convenient. We are a family with 3 kids age 10months to 7 yrs so a place with a pool near a beach would be good any suggestions We will have a car
      Any suggestions??

7 Answers Jun 12, 2006 at 7:35 AM

4th July

by kezjono Online Now Jun 7, 2006 at 2:21 PM

Hi we are planning a holiday between seattle and vancouver over the week of the 4th of July. Its our first yr living in the US from Australia and we want to be in the US for the 4th of July as it will be our 5yr old daughters birthday and we have promised fireworks.. I was planning to be staying on the islands for those few days - the question is will there be any kind of celebration that we can go to with fireworks?? or do we need to be in seattle? Is there any other towns around that area that we should be at for the BIG day? We dont need anything too huge just family friendly and fun??
      thx Also will be able to see whales at that time??

1 Answer Jun 15, 2006 at 11:08 PM

4th July

by kezjono Online Now Jun 7, 2006 at 11:32 AM

Hi we are planning a holiday between seattle and vancouver over the week of the 4th of July. Its our first yr living in the US from Australia and we want to be in the US for the 4th of July as it will be our 5yr old daughters birthday and we have promised fireworks.. I was planning to be staying on the islands for those few days - the question is will there be any kind of celebration that we can go to with fireworks?? or do we need to be in seattle? Is there any other towns around that area that we should be at for the BIG day? We dont need anything too huge just family friendly and fun??
      thx Also will be able to see whales at that time??

1 Answer Jun 7, 2006 at 11:41 AM
    • kdrumley428's Profile Photo

Honeymooning in the San Juan Islands

by kdrumley428 Online Now Mar 27, 2006 at 7:49 AM

My husband and I will be honeymooning in the San Juan Island in late April of this year. With the travel arrangements made, it seems a little silly to be asking the following questions but I am curious ...

What can we expect as far as weather is concerned? I have looked up the averages, etc. on a mess of websites but am wondering if someone local to the area can give me a less scientific description.

Any thoughts about the Place at Cayou Cove? Our reservations are made but we have another week during which we have the opportunity to change our accomodations if needed. I have heard rave web and travel guide reviews but was wondering if anyone here has been there personally.

Restaurant recommendations? We have always try to stick with the local's choices versus what the travle guides say and have been rewarded greatly for this decision.

Thanks so much to anyone that can offer any info!

Kim Rumley

1 Answer Mar 27, 2006 at 10:28 AM
    • Looking for a place to stay, the weather, etc

by LadyGallica Online Now Jul 6, 2005 at 2:01 PM

Can anyone recommend a place to stay on the San Juan Islands? How did you get there from Sea-Tac? What month did you visit? What was the weather like? How is the ferry system? I hope to hear from people who live there since I'm planning to
      relocate. I hope visit in fall 2005. Thanks

1 Answer Jul 6, 2005 at 2:28 PM