San José del Cabo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• car rental

Cabo San Lucas Dec 2, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Are there any car rental companies in Cabo that allow their cars to be taken off road? For example to the beach or the baja that is near by?

more
    • ving and lodging

by Sedonalorzi Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Driving from Phoenix. Best route and overnight stays

1 Answer Jul 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Travel to San Jose during festival?

by briantravelman Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I'm looking at a trip to Cabo. I would like to visit during the San Jose Festival, so I was thinking about getting hotel in city center, so I can be close to the festival, but I don't want to stay awake all night because of the noise.
      The beach is a mile from city center, so I would rather get hotel in city center, so I can go out and see the festival events. Does the festival go on all night? I want to make sure I'll be able to sleep.
      My parents want to go there to relax, I'm more about experiencing the culture and night life. I was told any other time of the year it is pretty quiet, but IDK about the festival.
      Also, my parents are concerned about safety, though I have told them on dozens of occassions, it is completely safe. So they are concerned about getting a hotel in city center, and attending the night shows.
      They would prefer a hotel in Cabo San Lucas, so they can go to the beach everyday, but I would rather get a hotel in San Jose city center, so I can experience as much of the culture as possible. Plus, the ones in city center are much cheaper.
      I had originally planned to stay in San Lucas, and just day trip to San Jose, but the festival changes things. I wanna be where the culture is. I am not interested in bars, nightclubs, or resorts, I want to experience the REAL Mexico, so Cabo San Lucas would bore me. In San Jose, I know I would have a good time.
      I was also thinking about arriving maybe a day or two before the festival, so we can see all the sites quietly, before the excitement starts. Which brings me to another question, is the festival a good time to site see?
      I found a company that offers night trips to San Jose, but they are pricey, so there is no point, if I can stay in San Jose and experience all this myself, for free.
      So what would be a good hotel to stay in city center, that's in a safe area?
      I saw a video on San Jose Art Walk, and they said it can be a little dangerous at night, but I'm sure it will be safe during the festival. What should I do?
      Where can I stay so I can experience the festival, night culture, and be safe?

6 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 5:22 PM
    • mural on wall in downtown

by lynnehi Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

In 2002 I took a picture of a mural depicting the Mission Church and 2 other scenes - the beach & the nature. Does anyone know what that mural was on?

1 Answer Sep 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    • LUO@AOL.COM

by LUOPP43 Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM

San Jose vs Los Cabos..My 9 year old granddaughter, 91 year old (active) mother, my
      daughter, my sister and myself are looking for a new destination. We love to eat, shop, and enjoy cocktails. My daughter and granddaughter love to swim in the ocean. My sister and mother love to explore and enjoy the local culture when we travel. We aren't into cooking or schlepping groceries. Any suggestions as to resort/s with the best beach/s for swimming. An all-inclusive or not?? Mom, Sissy and I love the pool, lazy river and slides..maybe a water park. Sounds like we could stay in one and play a day or two in the other. Doesn't sound hard to travel between the two. Any other day trip suggestions?

1 Answer Sep 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

The bus from Cabo only goes as far as megamarket, what do I do from there?

by briantravelman Online Now Dec 14, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Okay, so I read that you can take a Suburcabos bus from Cabo San Lucas to San Jose, but it only goes as far as the megamarket next to highway. What do you do from there? How do you get to the main city center? Is there another bus or do you have to take a cab, or walk? It's kind of funny that the bus doesn't go to the city center. What about the estuary?

3 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 11:18 AM
    • susanconover's Profile Photo

Getting my boat to Baja!

by susanconover Online Now Jun 16, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I have a 18 1/2 ft boat that I am trying to get to my place in Los Barriles. Our truck is not large enough to tow it ourselves so I was wondering what kind of options I have? I have kind of researched transport companies but they are very costly. We can use a friend's truck to get it to the border (TJ) We live in Central Calif. but then what? Help!Because the boat is in my husbands name does he have to ride along and I fly down? So many questions???

1 Answer Jun 17, 2011 at 8:14 AM
    • Woman Driving Alone

by oranjet5 Online Now Dec 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I'm going to be in SJC and surrounding area for two weeks this Dec-Jan and I'm getting nervous about driving alone on some of the stretches of highway (I'm going to be making my way from SJC to Todos Santos and then on to Loreto).

Any thoughts???

5 Answers Dec 4, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    • Travelling to San Jose info appreciated

by PADale Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 7:19 PM

We will be staying at Posada Real Los Cabos and want to know where we can get a good map of the city. We want to explore and eat at local stands, restaurants - don't know where to start. Any recommendations? What is in walking distance?

1 Answer Feb 9, 2010 at 8:04 AM
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

small beach-front hotel

by jmhultin Online Now Dec 19, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Mr wife and I are going to San Jose del Cabo in February. We don't want a mega-resort, or all-inclusive, but would like a pool and beach. We like to explore for our food. It would be nice to be above hostel, but not quite boutique (price-wise, at least).

Near town would be ideal, but we'll have a car.

Any suggestions? Thanks

4 Answers Dec 23, 2009 at 10:34 AM
    • Are there any beaches and pools in Los Cabos (Baja California) where I can go topless?

by evebabe Online Now Aug 27, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Are there any beaches and pools in Los Cabos (Baja California) where I can go topless?
      My husband and I are planning a trip to Baja California & Los Cabos. Are there any beaches and pools where I can go topless?

1 Answer Jun 11, 2009 at 5:14 PM
    • Resort in Baja

by lobo55 Online Now Oct 10, 2007 at 6:36 PM

We are visiting Los Cabos (Baja) in Feb08 and are staying at the Raintree's Club Regina Los Cabos. Any opinions about this resort? What's the best way to reach it from the airport? This is the first time for us in Los Cabos. Any suggestion for beachs, food, and other activities?

• airport to downtown

by rosiepage Online Now Feb 13, 2007 at 5:25 PM

hi

We're flying in to San Jose and arriving about 8:00 PM. We want to spend the night in downtown San Jose before picking up a rental car and heading out of town.

What's the best way to get downtown and what is the cost- are there mini vans?

3 Answers Jul 18, 2007 at 5:20 PM
    • Recommendation for who to go deep sea fishing with San Jose Del Cabo

by santacruzwg Online Now Jan 30, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Last year my family went fishing in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and had a terrible crew where they were overcharged, taken in early and not given all of their caught fish. I am looking for a reasonably-priced fishing excursion for a family of five in San Jose Del Cabo-can anyone please help me with a name or a contact? Thanks so much!

• Park Royal Los Cabos

by CindyJoseph Online Now Jan 1, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Hi, my family is travelling to San Jose Del Cabo in March 2007, has anyone stayed at this resort recently. If so I was wondering about the rooms. How large is a one bedroom? How large are the kitchen in the units? Has the furnishings been updated? Please email me at cindy.shs@shaw.ca or relpy here on the forum. Thanks

• Dreams All Inclusive Resort - Los Cabos

by Islandholiday Online Now Nov 7, 2005 at 7:29 PM

Has anyone stayed at this resort? I cannot find any forums on it. We had to quickly rearrange a long planned trip, due to Wilma attacking Cancun. We did not have many choices, due to the restrictions from the travel agent.

Can someone provide me their comments on the resort. I cannot find it on any maps, so I am a bit confused why I cannot find any info.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
      Is there a lot of charges for food/beverage not included in all inclusive.
      Good selection?
      Clean?
      Nice accomodations?
      Hotel staff friendly?

Thank you!

• San Jose del Cabo in late november ?

by severeeen Online Now Jul 7, 2005 at 11:29 AM

My fiance and I are going to spend a few days in late november (Thanksgiving holidays) in south baja, and we'res hesitating between Loreto, La paz, and San Jose Del Cabo.We really don't like resorts, and we don't like to be surrounded by throngs of US tourists and loud american discos (we simply hate the spring break atmosphere), but we do like to go out at night and mingle with locals and dance on nortena etc and walk in nice little streets etc... and we will rent a car and are willing to explore area. Basically, we're looking for a location with pretty sandy beaches/ coves, WARM WATER (even in november), NO WAVES, NO WIND... and more local color at night than... American color. How is San Jose de Del Cabo in late november ? Is the the sea pleasant to swim/ snorkel (without a diving suit) ? How bad can the weather get ? Are the beaches in the area exposed to cold winds, big waves ? And can we find lovely sandy beaches without buying a tour to one of the islands ? THANK YOU :)

1 Answer Nov 18, 2005 at 2:02 AM
    • Nightlife

by SoCalAL Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 5:20 PM

Hi everyone, a group of us just made plans to go down to Los Cabos and were unable to book anything in Cabo San Lucas. I was just wondering if you knew of any nightlife activities in San Jose Del Cabo. We will likely drive over to Cabo San Lucas for these activites, but if we didn't have to spend all that money for a taxi every night that would be much better. Any info would be greatly appreaciated.

Al

2 Answers Feb 28, 2005 at 7:42 PM
    • pedalpusher's Profile Photo

beaches

by pedalpusher Online Now Jan 6, 2005 at 5:02 PM

I am going with 2 of my girlfriends to the Cabo area over spring break. One of my friends want to go to a nude beach. Does anyone know of any?? If so, which one is the nicest? Thanks! L

3 Answers Jun 11, 2009 at 5:17 PM
    • kdboots's Profile Photo

Park Royal Los Cabos

by kdboots Online Now Dec 22, 2004 at 7:37 PM

Has anybody stayed at the Park Royal Los Cabos or know anything about it? (We believe it may have been the Ocean Club and/or Las Bugambilias prior to its conversion to the Royal Holiday system) My husband and I are planning a trip there in February and we would be interested to know if anybody has some insight to either the resort or San Jose Los Cabos itself. We like to dive, play golf and explore new areas, so any comments you may have would be greatly appreciated!

6 Answers Dec 25, 2006 at 12:09 AM
    • pedalpusher's Profile Photo

water temps

by pedalpusher Online Now Sep 28, 2004 at 6:22 PM

I am going to San Jose del Cabo the last week of March (I know, a long time from now). What can I expect for air temps and water temps at that time? Where would be the warmest water (and nice things to look at) for snorkeling? We are staying at the Grand Baja Resort. Anyone know anything about that place? Any other tips on things to do and see? Thanks!

• Cabo Pulmo National Park and Area

by MoaiGemini Online Now Jul 2, 2004 at 1:35 PM

I'm thinking about going to Cabo Pulmo in November. Is that a good time for snorkeling? Is there good snorkeling near the shore? How much does it cost to rent snorkeling equipment, and can I do it there, or should I do it from San Jose del Cabo where I might be staying? Are there buses from San Jose del Cabo that I can take to Cabo Pulmo. What is the town of Cabo Pulmo like? Any tips for accomodations? Any of the basic information would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Sep 11, 2004 at 12:46 PM