San Jose

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What to pack essentially for San Jose Ca

by techno_amit Online Now Dec 23, 2013 at 4:50 AM

I am coming for long term stay in San jose in Feb month. I am coming from India. Can you please suggest me, what I have to essential pack while coming? Specially about winter cloths? And what is very expensive there?

Thanks a lot.

8 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    • what to wear in december at a convention in san jose

by kim.lynnsandana Online Now Dec 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM

what to wear in december at a convention in san jose

4 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    • winter clothing

by PankajKumarBaijal Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 3:32 AM

what cloths/dresses a foreigner from south asia should carry for stay in San Jose during October-November ?

3 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    • RachelL74's Profile Photo

San Jose Art Museum

by RachelL74 Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Is the area safe alone when going to the San Jose Art Museum? I have to go there for an assignment and it's the first time in the city alone. What is the closest and safest place to park at? Thank you in advance!

1 Answer Mar 7, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    • Tashicat's Profile Photo

what is the best way/route to fly from San Jose to New York?

by Tashicat Online Now Jul 5, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I'm from Australia, and my wife and I need to get from San Jose to New York on 08/Oct/2012. What is the best way to do it, I've had a look at the flights and there are so many via so many different routes. We need to get there not to late on the night of the 8th. any advice would be appreciated!

8 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM
    • Deep Sea Fishing: Best Option

by thebfg26 Online Now Jul 4, 2011 at 5:14 AM

Hello all,

I'm going to be in San Jose on the weekend of 23/24 July. One of my past times is fishing. I want to go sea fishing and see there are plenty of options but Im wondering which location is best. My one requirement is that the locaiton is served by public transport I can't cope with driving on the wrong side of the road :(

Thanks,
      Alan

2 Answers Jul 13, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    • San Jose to Santa Cruz Commute

by ScullySquirrel Online Now Dec 1, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Hi everyone,
      My boyfriend and I are likely going to be moving to CA to attend grad school. I will be going to San Jose State and he will be going to UC Santa Cruz. We were planning on living somewhere in between the 2 cities but it doesn't look like there's anything we'll be able to afford. Is the commute from San Jose to Santa Cruz as awful as people are saying it is? And if so, does anyone have any suggestions as far as affordable (as cheap as possible) places nearby to live? We would really appreciate any help!

4 Answers Dec 2, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    • ZenLady34's Profile Photo

Accommodation near San Jose State Uni?

by ZenLady34 Online Now Sep 19, 2010 at 6:37 AM

hi all,

I'm looking for a good (read:safe, clean, near Uni, max price per night 90USD)
      accommodation in San Jose. Would you have any suggestions as Ramada near the Uni and Fairmont hotel are already fully booked? Any sites that you have found usefull when looking for an accommodation in here? Which areas have good access to the Uni in San Jose?

Most importantly, would it be possible to come on daily basis to the uni from San Francisco and if so, which hotel would you recommend in there?
      Target days are in OCT 2010.

Thanks for your replies. Even renting a car would be possible if the accommodation would be a very good value. Any ideas?

5 Answers Sep 20, 2010 at 10:54 AM
    • adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Reputable shuttle service from SF airport to San jose airport?

by adelinemmc Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I'm trying to get info on how to get from SF airport to San Jose airport. The caltrain does not seem ideal as it's nowhere near either airport but I see there are many shuttle companies at SF airport.
      Any tips on teh one to choose to get me to San Jose airport? I'll be arriving from Europe and bound to be jetlagged so I would like an idea of where to head in the terminal and which (shared/schedule) shuttle buses to look for at reasonable price.

Thanks in advance
      A

• Need Help Locating Hotel Near this location......

by miraclelayne Online Now Oct 26, 2007 at 9:35 AM

Hello, new to VT. and needing the help of someone who knows the area, and can assist with the location of a nice, clean, exterior and interior hotel.

My boyfriend and I will be in the area in a few weeks on business and looking to stay at an affordable hotel near this address 1970 Naglee Ave, San Jose Ca, 95126 " Zanotto's Family Market". Don't worry, it's not a stake out or anything (smile). Are there any hotels in the area that you would recommend?

Budget wise, perfer under120.00. But safe, clean, fresh, not dingy.

If you could provide me with the name and phone number or link to the hotel would be nice as well. Thank you. I don't mind doing the research myself, just don't know how to go about it.

Thanks for the help in advance.

1 Answer Oct 28, 2007 at 9:31 PM
    • Hostels in San Jose

by ec3-globetrotter Online Now Oct 10, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Hi,

I was trying to find some hostels in San Jose but did not have any luck so far. I tried Google as wellas hostelword.com but did not find any. Are there actually hostels in San Jose? And if yes does anyone have some informations?

thanks

4 Answers Oct 11, 2007 at 8:25 AM
    • SJC motorcycle parking

by gaeli Online Now Sep 4, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Hi
      Lax and Burbank allow Motorcycles free at the short term when not
      occupying a car slot.
      Any idea of a parking place near SJC that is free or reduced charge for
      Motorcycles?

1 Answer Sep 6, 2007 at 4:56 PM
    • dawnelle27's Profile Photo

Whats the best way to travel

by dawnelle27 Online Now Jun 13, 2007 at 9:03 AM

I may be heading to san francisco in August and would like to check out the Winchester house in San Jose. How long is the commute and what is the best way of transportation. I am from San Antonio and not familiar with other forms of transportation besides a bus--thanks

3 Answers Jun 13, 2007 at 4:52 PM
    • Almaden Lake

by lynnemorin Online Now May 18, 2007 at 10:40 AM

Are dogs allowed?

• Commute from San Jose to Sunnyvale in summer

by summerintern Online Now Apr 3, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Hello,
      I am a grad student who will be interning in Sunnyvale for the summer. I have been offered accommodation at Sanjose and have to decide about how commuting from San Jose to Sunnyvale everyday. Mapquest shows the distance as 18 miles. I have looked up erideshare and carpoolworld and have not been able to find carpool/vanpool options. I would prefer to use the public transportation if possible.
      Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks.
      summerintern

6 Answers Apr 21, 2007 at 12:07 PM
    • Affordable ideas(?) for San Jose to San Francisco commute

by blahname Online Now Aug 31, 2006 at 6:24 PM

Anyone commute or has ever had to commute from San Jose to San Francisco? I was recently promoted and relocated to San Francisco, but I really don’t want to move away from San Jose. I like it here, but the commute is too expensive. Gas is too much, and I have no idea how the train works. Err; I need all the advice I can get.

3 Answers Oct 11, 2006 at 6:02 AM
    • chirpy383's Profile Photo

San Jose to Italy

by chirpy383 Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 11:36 AM

hey VTers,

Do you know of any cheap deal on airfare from San Jose to Italy (or europe)?! Is there any website to go to or any travel agent which offers great rates?!

Thanks heaps!

Chirpy!

5 Answers Nov 3, 2006 at 6:19 PM
    • What is the best?

by Dury Online Now Jul 19, 2006 at 11:41 AM

Which way is better to get from Los Angeles to San Jose? Is there a train and how much it is? Is there a cheap rental car place from LA to SJ (rent in LA and return in SJ)?

5 Answers Jul 20, 2006 at 6:53 PM
    • I got a question and I need help :)

by ShawnC222 Online Now Jun 20, 2006 at 8:06 PM

Hello I’m Shawn and I’m traveling to San Jose in September, My questions is has any one been or herd good things about La Tortuga Feliz it’s a volunteer organization on turtle conservation. And I need help getting from San Jose to Matina/Bataan on September 14. Any suggestion on how to do that will be much help. I got direction on how to get there but I get lost in my own closet and would like to hear from ppl that are there.

2 Answers Jul 9, 2006 at 4:26 AM
    • I got a question and I need help :)

by ShawnC222 Online Now Jun 20, 2006 at 6:56 PM

Hello I’m Shawn and I’m traveling to San Jose in September, My questions is has any one been or herd good things about La Tortuga Feliz it’s a volunteer organization on turtle conservation. And I need help getting from San Jose to Matina/Bataan on September 14. Any suggestion on how to do that will be much help. I got direction on how to get there but I get lost in my own closet and would like to hear from ppl that are there.

• Rte 17 Commute

by adeza1 Online Now Jun 19, 2006 at 11:01 AM

Hi

I am moving my family to San Jose area, for a job in Sunnyvale, near Rte 237.
      My wife is not liking the "look" of the San Jose neighborhoods, and is getting revved up about living on the coast, near Santa Cruz (Aptos or Soquel).

I don't want to move all the way to CA only to have my wife hate the area, so I'm trying to accomodate with my commute.

What am I getting myself into? Living by the ocean would be a treat, but what is the commute really like? Leaving office at 5, is it 1 hour or 2?

I used to commute from Alameda to Sunnyvale, 5 years ago, before relocating east. Found that bearable.

Thank you for any input!

8 Answers Jun 29, 2006 at 6:45 PM
    • alfredop's Profile Photo

Trip in between San Francisco and San Jose

by alfredop Online Now Apr 4, 2006 at 10:18 AM

Hello there!

Will be spending three days in San Francisco, from April 12 to 14th, then heading to San Jose from April 15 to 17th and then to San Francisco on the 18th and flying back home on the 19th. Will be renting a car to commute from SF to SJ.

Can somebody help me with some major tourist places? Don't want to miss anything! Thanks!

Alfredo

1 Answer Apr 4, 2006 at 4:20 PM
    • Commute times from Santa Cruz to San Jose / Santa Clara

by mdames Online Now Feb 13, 2006 at 8:15 PM

My boyfriend works in the semiconductor industry and is thinking of moving to Santa Cruz with me soon, but we aren't sure if the commute is realistic (e.g. less than 1 hour). Does anybody know what the commute time between Santa Cruz and San Jose is during work traffic? What about during normal hours? Also, I heard that most of the semiconductor jobs are in Santa Clara. Can anyone tell me how long the commute from Santa Cruz to Santa Clara is during work traffic? During normal hours?

Thank you soooo much for your help!

Mo

1 Answer Feb 14, 2006 at 8:23 AM
    • nw10er's Profile Photo

transport and pubs/bars

by nw10er Online Now Dec 24, 2005 at 10:18 AM

i'm travelling to san jose in the new year, can anyone give me information regarding getting around town using public transport. also can anyone recommend a good area with reasonably priced hotels in an area which has some good pubs/bars and restaurants.

thanks

mattie

• erikatheskysailor's Profile Photo

I need a Deal...

by erikatheskysailor Online Now Nov 22, 2005 at 11:52 AM

Hi all,

I really want to see my boyfriend this December, but we're not feeling confident about affording flights. If anyone finds any good deals, or sees any posted in the Deals section, can someone let me know? I'd *really* appreciate it!

=)

3 Answers Nov 22, 2005 at 11:20 PM
    • Winchester House

by lryder71 Online Now Oct 12, 2005 at 11:43 AM

My daughter and I are looking at going to the Winchester House. Is there a better time during the day (Friday) to go? Is getting the whole tour recommened (Mansion & Behind-the-Scenes Tours)? How long does the full tour last?
      Thanks

5 Answers Jul 2, 2006 at 9:16 PM
    • DJStarr's Profile Photo

Best place to locate in the SF/SanJose area for techie & artist couple

by DJStarr Online Now Sep 26, 2005 at 12:07 PM

Hi all,
      We're relocating to the Bay area, (born here in CA!)and will be looking for jobs AFTER we pick a place to live. Where would be a good central area to position oneselves for job convenience for a Tech-guy (Oracle, AbInitio, ETL,Data Warehousing,etc.) and an artsy, design/marketing gal?
      We're considering Mtn. View, San Mateo, Palo Alto, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Redwood City, Los Gatos, etc. Love Santa Cruz, but don't want to travel over the hills via 17 daily. The other areas seem central to SF and the San Jose corridors, and most have good CalTrain/BART access. Am I correct here?
      We really want a great walking/clean/fun/artsy/gardeny downtown - lots of paths, trails, walk to Whole Foods/Trader Joes, etc. We seem to gravitate toward gay neighborhoods - usually the most architecturally and visually cool areas, it seems! Cool, well-traveled people, not too white or old or suburban.
      Any tips or ideas for great little neighborhoods?
      Thanks Everybody!
      DJ Starr

1 Answer Sep 26, 2005 at 3:05 PM
    • laterthanyouthink's Profile Photo

living in san jose

by laterthanyouthink Online Now Jun 21, 2005 at 12:42 PM

Hello there,

May be moving to San Jose in the near future, was wondering if anyone out there could tell us the best/worst places to stay or avoid? I have been informed that a townhouse could be rented for1,200 a year, is this accurate?
      I will be getting a car so is commutting to work/city centre etc a problem, would there be problems living outside the city centre (e.g San Francisco, Paolo Alto). In general what are roads in Santa Clara area like, use to driving on other side of road, so want to do some research/get some maps before i arrive.

Message board said that close to bay for sailing etc, would it be possible to live near coast and commute to San Jose?

For entertainment/commuting is there late trains/buses to San Fran?

Regards

5 Answers Jun 28, 2005 at 5:33 PM
    • Address needed in San Jose, for old friend Ron Tano!!

by debbiegem40 Online Now Jan 23, 2005 at 4:00 PM

Hi, I am looking for help from anyone in San Jose, who would help me find an e pal that i lost touch with almost a year ago.I`m desperate to find out that he is ok.I live in England, so travelling to San Jose is out of the question and finding out info from here is difficult!! I just need some nice kind person with a little time on their hands, to look up my friends parents address in the San Jose phone book as he was staying with them last I knew.His parents names are Francisco and Theresa Tano and the man I am searching desperately to find is Ron, he is 37yrs old and he may now have moved to mexico city.If I can find his parents address, I can write and they can forward my letter to him. Thankyou for your help!!

1 Answer Feb 9, 2005 at 9:41 PM
    • Accommodation

by FJay Online Now Jan 7, 2005 at 4:32 AM

Hi If anyone can advise of cheap/budget motels & hotels in San Jose area would be much appreciated..or directory websites for local info that I can check out. Thanks

3 Answers Jan 14, 2005 at 3:24 PM