San Jose Travel Answers

change location

Accommodation

by FJay Online Now Jan 7, 2005 at 4:32 AM

Hi If anyone can advise of cheap/budget motels & hotels in San Jose area would be much appreciated..or directory websites for local info that I can check out. Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • egbertdeefrog's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation

by egbertdeefrog Online Now Jan 8, 2005 at 4:35 PM

The Arena Hotel on The Alameda is downtown and by the "Shark Tank" (HP Pavillion) and is clean, relatively inexpensive. When I last stayed there breakfast was included and the room had a jacuzzi for two.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Accommodation

by judyc Online Now Jan 11, 2005 at 12:04 PM

I would recommend looking into Santa Clara. It is located right next to San Jose. It has many low cost hotel/motel options. Santa Clara is also relatively safe and boasts a low crime rate. Here is one motel option: http://www.granadainn.com/

• SanJoseSUCKS's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation

by SanJoseSUCKS Online Now Jan 14, 2005 at 3:24 PM

You'll be hard pressed to find "cheap" as inexpensive in San Jose is roughly50 for a Motel 6 and believe it or not, the low end hotels and motels in the "rougher" parts of San Jose are about the same price. So if you think that's an affordable price and you're staying for less than a week. You'll have your pick of the litter. If you're like me and you feel that's overpriced. You can look into youth hostels, dorm rooms in off season or booking a motel for a week and taking a chance on a car breakin. Personally, I don't think it's worthwhile to stay in San Jose and would rather drive in than book a room anywhere in San Jose or Santa Clara county. Good luck!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines