San José Travel Answers

change location

Help with Trip to Tegucigalpa, Honduras

by meberedtoo Online Now Feb 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM

In the second week of May I need to be in Tegucigalpa, Honduras on a Wednesday (9th). I am hoping someone can suggest a short trip that I could take, arriving on the previous Friday (4th) or Saturday (5th), and ending in Tegucigalpa on Wednesday. I am currently considering flying into San Jose and traveling by bus through Nicaragua, but not committed to that in anyway.

Other than the definite need to be in Tegucigalpa on Wednesday, I have no other requirements. I would prefer to fly into a major city to keep airfare down (flying in from Major US city), but other than that my budget is pretty flexible. I am also flexible to travel conditions. I need to book my flight soon, so any quick suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
Travis

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • thelukey's Profile Photo

Re: Help with Trip to Tegucigalpa, Honduras

by thelukey Online Now Mar 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Given the very little amount of time you have to spend traveling, I would suggest flying into Managua rather than San Jose, since I am pretty certain that it would take you 2 days to travel from San Jose to Tegucigalpa by bus whereas the trip from Managua would only take 7-8 hours. There's not a whole lot to see or do in Managua itself, but it's easy to get from Managua to a number of worthwhile destinations - Granada, Masaya, Leon, San Juan del Sur, even Ometepe - in a short amount of time using public transportation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San José