San José Travel Answers

change location

7-days in Costa Rica. Can we really see anything?

by birdcage777 Online Now Jan 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Hi,

My wife and I are investigating a trip to Costa Rica early February for one week. I wanted to get some advice from knowledgeable folks in this forum.

We love the outdoors, love to self-drive when we can and at other times tour using buses, trains, and shuttles. We are looking to hike, explore wildlife, possibly snorkel, and also visit some of the ruins. If time permits, we'd love to visit some of the beaches and also some other adventure tours.

1. Is one week sufficient for us to explore Costa Rica?
2. If we were to select one or two experiences that we would immerse ourselves in over the course of the week, what would they be?
3. What cities are a must visit during our stay?
4. Any suggestions on possible itineraries would be great.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • starship's Profile Photo

Re: 7-days in Costa Rica. Can we really see anything?

by starship Online Now Feb 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Hi,

My husband and I are leaving on an adventure tour to Costa Rica in March. We are spending 2 nights in San Jose beforehand to see a few of the most important sights there, knowing that you have to be careful and aware of your surroundings in the city.

Our tour highlights will be aerial tram/canopy tour, ziplining, white water rafting, river boating, sea turtle & butterfly preserves, seeing wildlife, Hildago hotwater springs, and staying near Arenal volcano, and a few other activities I am sure. Except for seeing/staying at some of the Pacific Coast beaches and more time around the Manuel Antonio rain/cloud forest, I think it covers quite a bit. From what I've read the activities I've mentioned are what a lot of people look for when they go to Costa Rica.

Are these the kind of activities you would be interested in? We're staying a total of about 8 nights and will manage to fit all this into our trip as I am sure you could as well.

Because we don't have a ton of time to do this, and because we are a little older, we thought a guided tour (outside of the stay in San Jose) would be a better way for us.

Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines