San José Travel Answers

change location
Emilia77's Profile Photo

San Jose, should I go???

by Emilia77 Online Now Jan 26, 2005 at 4:48 PM

I'll be arriving in San Jose on April 7 for a 2 weeks trip. Should I plan few days to visit?? I heard it wasn't worth it and not very safe. What do you think? If you think I should visit, what do you recommand?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • kishore7's Profile Photo

Re: San Jose, should I go???

by kishore7 Online Now Jan 26, 2005 at 9:00 PM

San Jose...hmmmm....i doubt u really wanna spend anything more than a full day there...there's nothin much to do/see there and you're better off renting a car and driving down the coast to Monterey, Santa Cruz or towards the mountains (Yosemite National Park), then there's San Fransisco, San Diego and LA which is a lot more interesting and filled with more stuff to do....and if you really have extra days...Las Vegas is not too far away (a couple hrs drive)!.....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Shoalin's Profile Photo

Re: Re: San Jose, should I go???

by Shoalin Online Now Jan 29, 2005 at 11:18 AM

Yeah, not much to do or see in SJ. Maybe just an afternoon in the markets. You will be flying into Alajuela not SJ itself. There is even less in Alajuela and its about 30-45 mins just to get to downtown SJ.

• Re: San Jose, should I go???

by aquaspud Online Now Feb 15, 2005 at 4:43 AM

There is a national theater musuem, and also a gold musuem as well both worth visiting. A few craft or straw markets and plazas if you like to shop.AS for saftey, its a big city so be travel smart and you will be ok. P.S. Try thier ice cream it is great.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines