San Ignacio

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Planning to revisit Caye Caulker in July 2014

Caye Caulker Apr 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Wanting suggestions on low cost option for house, my wife and I are are 56 yrs. old. We are Christian Missionaries in the US are getting close to turning this ministry over to another and interested in ministry in Caye Caulker. On our visit in Feb. I spoke with several Nationals, seemed very open wanting to visit a second time for a longer period of time. Needing some input, anyone, anything thanks

more
    • rental car

Belize Mar 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Will I need to pay extra for insurance on top of what I carry on my car policy?

more
    • Touring Belize

Belize Mar 31, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Wife and I will be in Belize 2nd week in August. Not really vacation, rather looking for potential sites to have a 2nd home. Interested in Caye Caulker, Palencia area, Stann Creek, possibly Ambergris Caye. Plan on ocean and reef access, view and will have a boat. What is the best way to travel (renting a car, plane/taxi) and in those areas what are good places to stay (comfortable, safe with A/C)? Not looking to rough it, but don't need San Francisco prices either.

more
    • what caye is best for us

Ambergris Cay Mar 25, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Family of 4 heading to belize in early August and I dont know what caye to stay on. Please help. I was going to try to rent a VRBO place to stay, I want nice beaches to wade in and snorkel, restaraunts and shops to window shop. I dont want seclusion and I dont want super packed crowded bumping into people tryjng to sell me stuff every 15 minutes. I would love to rent a scooter or golf cart. We want to stay in a nice accomadations not low budget accomadations. We dont want to take a 2 hour water taxi ride to get there, too long. Ight tame a day trip to mainland for cave tour.

more
    • Noisy near airport?

Caye Caulker Mar 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM

If you stay on the southern part of the island, near the air strip, how noisy is it with planes flying over the beach?

more
    • Passport for Ambergris Caye?

Belize City Apr 11, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Cruising on Carnival to Belize City, closed-loop with no passport. Can I fly to Ambergris Caye for the day without a passport since cruising into Belize? Thanks.

more
    • MiriamT's Profile Photo

ATM guide

by MiriamT Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Have seen Pacz, Mayawalker & BZM listed for this tour. Who would you recommend or other. Do we need to book it ahead of time and is $110 a definite price is is it open for negotiations?

8 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    • MiriamT's Profile Photo

Airport to SI

by MiriamT Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM

What is the best and most economical way to get to San Ignacio from the airport?

6 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    • bouldersuzanne's Profile Photo

Getting from San Ignacio to Dangriga

by bouldersuzanne Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for the easiest way to get from San Ignacio to Dangriga? My friend and I will be there in June and we will not have a car. Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    • Need Help

by kirbstomp Online Now Mar 31, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I need to know a lot of things to do here... Can anyone help me?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    • bahamamartinimaker's Profile Photo

getting from San Ignacio to Placentia

by bahamamartinimaker Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 11:49 AM

My Husband and I are staying at the Trek Stop for 2 nights in mid April. Does anyone know what the timing of buses is for getting to Placentia? Wondering if there will be time for us to walk to Xunatech (sp) in the morning and grab a noon bus to get to Placentia at a decent time? First trip of this kind for us, appreciate any input! Thanks!

6 Answers Feb 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM
    • How long will it take to drive from San Ignacio to BZE airport?

by cinemanix Online Now Sep 29, 2010 at 11:19 AM

We have an 11:45am departure out of BZE, in late October. Will the roads be slow, due to end of rainy season?
      How much time should we allow to drive from San Ignacio to BZE?
      Do we need to check in a full 2-3 hours before our flight departure?
      We will be returning our rental car to Crystal Rental Cars....do you think that will be a slow process?
      I am worried about making the flight obviously.
      Thanks for your thoughts!

2 Answers Oct 3, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    • Looking to rent an apartment or ? with kitchen facilities for 6/7 weeks

by cathygogo Online Now Jun 20, 2010 at 9:14 PM

I'm planning to come to San Ignacio next February (2011) for 6 or 7 weeks and would like to rent a nice apartment or? with kitchen facilities, TV, AC, walkable to city center, safe neighborhood. Any ideas on who or how to contact for this. THANKS for all replies.

2 Answers Oct 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM
    • Marthas

by udaipurjuly2010 Online Now Jun 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM

We've been trying to find good accommodation in San Ignacio and have finally settled on a place called Martha's Guesthouse. Does anyone know anything about this place? Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 16, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    • Transportation from Belize Zoo

by lmoq Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 4:28 PM

How long is the bus trip from the Belize Zoo to San Ignacio? Is there a shuttle service that will pick us up at the Belize Zoo and take us to San Ignacio? How far is it from San Ignacio to Xunantunich? Thank you!

1 Answer Apr 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM
    • Hodies and security

by wcfeader Online Now Aug 26, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I'm wondering about the thumbs up for Hodies, especially for dinner when it is likely that patrons will be coming home in the dark. The restaurant is located up near the soccer field and I understand that there was an attempted robbery there.

So, if there are other places for me to eat in San Ignacio, I don't think I'm going to take the chance.

2 Answers Aug 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    • Pine Mountain Ridge

by WNCtravelbug Online Now Jun 22, 2008 at 12:38 PM

So you travelled through the mountains looks like..? We will be in Belize in Aug. and are going to the Cayo region after spending a few days in Caye Caulker. Have been looking at several lodges, in particular Pine Mountain Lodge I think is the name. I guess there are many - do you suggest going from place to place? Did you base out of one location or keep moving with Eva's?

Thanks!

• Earthtourist's Profile Photo

Dam progress

by Earthtourist Online Now Feb 5, 2006 at 9:16 AM

I've been reading about the dam that was proposed for the Macal River upstream of San Ignacio. I've canoed that river up and down and am horrified that they are going to flood that incredibly lovely area. I wonder how much construction has gone on so far and for how long canoing the river will be possible. I'm trying to get back to there as soon as I can.

1 Answer Feb 5, 2006 at 7:24 PM
    • Want to Visit San Ignacio

by SSSony12 Online Now Jan 10, 2006 at 9:51 AM

Hi,

We are considering a trip to San Ignacio this year, end of March beginning of April. What is the weather like this time of year? From what I have been reading on this site, it seems that San Ignacio is pretty centralized for caving, Mayan Ruins, etc. Is San Ignacio near the beach or inland? How far from the Airport and what is the best transportation and place to stay?

Thank you for any and/or all your help.

9 Answers Feb 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    • Eating in San Ignacio

by wadia2004 Online Now Nov 23, 2004 at 6:29 AM

I'm traveling to San Ignacio in Dec. I'm very concern with getting good food at an affordable price. I really don't want to be sick over Xmas. A friend of mine was in Belize last Xmas and ate at a place called Nefry's he said it's new but it's the best. He also told me to keep away from Eva's. Does anyone know about either of these places? I really would appriciate your help since I'm travelling for the first tim and alone. Thanks you all. Wadia

5 Answers Feb 27, 2006 at 6:43 PM
    • Cae Tubing

by jjacks02 Online Now Sep 30, 2003 at 8:53 AM

Has anyone been cave tubing in the San Ignacio area? I will be there in Dec. I have seen that Cave's Branch offers it, but it seems a bit far from San Ignacio. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2003 at 4:20 PM