San Ignacio Travel Answers

change location
bahamamartinimaker's Profile Photo

getting from San Ignacio to Placentia

by bahamamartinimaker Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 11:49 AM

My Husband and I are staying at the Trek Stop for 2 nights in mid April. Does anyone know what the timing of buses is for getting to Placentia? Wondering if there will be time for us to walk to Xunatech (sp) in the morning and grab a noon bus to get to Placentia at a decent time? First trip of this kind for us, appreciate any input! Thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Irina80's Profile Photo

Re: getting from San Ignacio to Placentia

by Irina80 Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 10:40 PM

i'm thinking there is no direct bus route. you'd need to change bus in Belmopan. So your plan would be to hop on the bus in San Ignacio, get off in Belmopan and catch another bus that would take you all the way to Independence from where you can catch a ferry or something to Placencia, i think that's how it works, perhaps someone else will pitch in a more intelligent route. I'm not sure of the timeline but you can find out while in San Ignacio. I took the bus from there back to Belize City in the morning and it was packed with workers going to the capital city plus I think the bus was also operating as a school bus as it stopped for kids going to school like a million times.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Irina80's Profile Photo

by Irina80 Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 10:44 PM

forgot to add, there is probably a possibility to arrange a shuttle, cant help you on that though as I was on the budget so regular buses were the only way for me, but just wanted to tell you that you might be able to do the shuttle if you choose so

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Irina is pretty much spot on regarding thd busses. If you really want to get to Xunantunic this is a good place to be. Check it out.

falconview0.tripod.com/xunan...

Any further information you may need regarding Belize, just holla back.......d:o)

• bahamamartinimaker's Profile Photo

by bahamamartinimaker Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 3:44 AM

thanks guys. I knew about the bus transfer, and will check when we get to SI regarding frequency of buses. sounds like a later bus will avoid morning workers!

• Re: getting from San Ignacio to Placentia

by deleonjake Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I am looking for a reliable, safe, affordable shuttle to take my wife and I from Placentia to San Ignacio (unsure of hotel yet, open to suggestions) and then on another day from San Ignacio to the Mexico border so I can catch the express bus in Chetumel.San Ignacio to Placenciais more like 3 hours unless you dirve like a maniac. It is a very lovely drive most of the way spas en san miguel de allende, especially the Hummingbird Highway, and will be a nice part of your holiday. San Ignacio to Corozal , I did that in the other direction a week or so ago, about 3 hours, add on another 15 min to the border spas en san miguel de allende.

• Re: getting from San Ignacio to Placentia

by deleonjake Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

With shuttles, especially the reliable ones, you do need to book in advance. Plan around 2.5 hours or so to Placencia, and 3.5 or so to Corozal . For staying in Cayo , google 'jungle lodge san ignacio' for a spas en san miguel de allende list of great places that are so much more than hotels. DuPlooy's usually tops the google list, and it's a great place, with the the Belize Botanical Gardens on site. Happy trails spas en san miguel de allende!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines