San Ignacio Travel Answers

change location

Eating in San Ignacio

by wadia2004 Online Now Nov 23, 2004 at 6:29 AM

I'm traveling to San Ignacio in Dec. I'm very concern with getting good food at an affordable price. I really don't want to be sick over Xmas. A friend of mine was in Belize last Xmas and ate at a place called Nefry's he said it's new but it's the best. He also told me to keep away from Eva's. Does anyone know about either of these places? I really would appriciate your help since I'm travelling for the first tim and alone. Thanks you all. Wadia

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Eating in San Ignacio

by katievalk Online Now Nov 24, 2004 at 5:26 AM

I actually really like Eva's, especially the chilmole. Clean, good affordable food. Cafe Sol is very good, Hannahs, Sannys, MK's, new Italian restaurant, plenty of good food in town. Water and food in Belize are clean and safe, we do not suffer from the same health problems endemic to our neighboring countries.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • saraheg77's Profile Photo

Re: Eating in San Ignacio

by saraheg77 Online Now Nov 24, 2004 at 1:40 PM

I ate at Eva's and it wasn't the greatest. Martha's Pizza Kitchen was the best! (didn't see Nefry's) My 2 friends and I ate at Martha's nearly every night cause they had a variety of good stuff and cute waiters. ha! Check my tips! Sarah

• africaking's Profile Photo

by africaking Online Now Dec 3, 2004 at 2:35 PM

Here are a list of the best places to eat in San ignacio, all are at affordable prices and no, you won't be running to the toilet. Maxims (a chinese rest. Best value) Serendib (like a curry house but was fantastic) Adanas (Kebab's etc. Very cheap) Hanna's (good breakfasts) Cafe Cayo (very posh but cheap and good, also internet cafe) Eva's is at the moment looking for a new chef, but the food is not great, the travel info there is great as is the rum punch and coffee's Hope this helps, just got back yesterday, so info is pretty up to date, but still my opinion.

• lelu1's Profile Photo

by lelu1 Online Now Dec 6, 2004 at 8:23 PM

hello ,Wadia! I am going to belize in dec 16 for 2 week , also alone and for the first time. If you don't mined we can meet and search places together. Elena.

• RE: Eating in San Ignacio

by cthatche Online Now Feb 27, 2006 at 6:43 PM

Nefry's is AWESOME! We've been all over Belize and this is the cheapest/best/quickest/freshest we've found. You can get big meals that fill you up from3US to a nice seafood/steak meal10US. Nice ambiance. My husband and I are the definition of cheap travelers and we have eaten at Nefry's every meal we had in San Ignacio.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines