Travel Answers
San Gimignano

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• I've lost a WONDERFUL Leather shop in San Gimignano!

by Swanbucket Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Can someone tell me if a shop called Lucia Pelletterie is still in operation? I bought an amazing leather handbag there and want to buy more but I can't find the store on the internet.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
      Jan

1 Answer Mar 24, 2014 at 12:30 AM
    • I've lost a WONDERFUL Leather shop in San Gimignano!

by Swanbucket Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Can someone tell me if a shop called Lucia Pelletterie is still in operation? I bought an amazing leather handbag there and want to buy more but I can't find the store on the internet.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
      Jan

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM
    • can I book a guided tour to florence from here

by colinshute Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 1:55 AM

can I book a guided tour to florence from here

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    • Shops open on Sundays in August?

by Bacigallo Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Are all of the shops open on Sundays in August?

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 3:38 AM
    • CASA BACCINELLI

by jhbgrb Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CASA BACCINELLI, PICTURES OR ANY INFORMATION.

1 Answer Oct 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    • Reasonably priced and recommended hairdresser and makeup artist

by Pamelatyrrell Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I am planning my wedding in San gimignano in 2014 and am looking for a highly recommended hairdresser and makeup artist that is reasonably priced for my wedding day please?

• Inside towers.

by bilbobone Online Now May 24, 2013 at 2:31 PM

how to get inside towers?

3 Answers May 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    • Getting there

by amcki028 Online Now Apr 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I am looking at renting an apartment here for a week but am not sure what the best way for me to get here is. I will not have a car and it does not seem like the train comes through. Any recommendations?

3 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    • evening out

by acj2183 Online Now Oct 11, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Hi
      Next June I will be traveling to just outside of San Gimignano for a wedding. I am looking for somewehere to have an evening out with the bride that may have some entertainment - sort of very relaxed hen.

All we're really looking for is somewhere we can eat, drink and maybe hear some live music...are there any restaurants anyone can recomend that would fit the bill?

1 Answer Oct 14, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    • Driving from San Gimignano to Cinque Terra

by CRuta Online Now Jul 28, 2011 at 8:23 PM

We will be staying in San Gimignano and would like to do a day trip to the Cinque Terra. Will trying to do a day trip give us enough time to drive there and back and still have enough time to spend seeing the area? We would like to do the hikes between the three southern villages.

8 Answers Sep 23, 2011 at 10:45 AM
    • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Sundays in San Gimignano

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Our tentative plan is to leave Florence in the morning, take the bus to San Gimignano, look around for a few hours, then atch another bus to Siena ( for the Palio ). Will there be any problems doing this on a Sunday? As I recall, some in some small Italian towns, almost everything except the church shuts down on Sundays.
      Thanks
      HB

5 Answers Jul 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    • A train traveller

by annhenderson Online Now May 24, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I want to travel by train from Florence to San Simignano in mid July but I cannot find any trains on the Italian train website. I know there is a station in San Gimignano. Can anyone tell me how many trains a day there are from Florence to San Gimignano and how long the journey takes. Also do they go from the main Florence station or some other station. Thanks Ann

3 Answers May 24, 2011 at 11:56 PM
    • Planning a trip in the Tuscany

by JoyaH Online Now Mar 20, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Planning a trip in the Tuscany area at the end of May for 7 days....any suggestions as to where to stay and which vineyards to visit. Also suggestions as to things to do would be very helpful.
      Thanks
      J

5 Answers Mar 21, 2011 at 1:21 AM
    • Taxi's outside the city walls?

by topbird4eva Online Now Mar 20, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Hi,

Im wondering if anyone can help - myself and my boyfriend are staying just outside of San Gimignano in April at 'Casa Vacanze Le Cellole' though we will have a hire car to get around Tuscany in the day at night we will be wanting a glass of wine or two in San Gimignano - my question is how easy will it be to get a taxi once outside the walls? And can anyone recommend a firm for us to use the evening we arrive to get us into town?

Any advise would be much appreciated. Kate xx

2 Answers Mar 20, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    • bus timetable on Saturday

by j515 Online Now Feb 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM

We are planning to take a bus from Siena to San Gim. on 2 April 11(Satuday) and back to Florence on 3 April 11(Sunday)
      but we can’t found any bus from Siena to San Gim on Saturday but Florence have, it is ture? pls. advise or only is my misunderstanding? Thanks !!

• How much time do I need?

by Corsaro Online Now Feb 4, 2011 at 8:51 AM

We are going to take the bus down from Florence and want to see San Gim and also Siena for the day. If we catch an early bus (8:15) from Florence to Poggibonsi and then the bus to San Gimignano, how much time is sufficient for seeing the town before busing over to Siena? I know this is a terrible question, but I'd like to eat lunch at a little restaurant I know in Siena and have the afternoon there before returning to Florence. Thanks!

12 Answers Feb 5, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    • Day trip from San Gim to Pisa

by LeftyinRoanoke Online Now Oct 13, 2010 at 6:53 AM

I will be staying in a villa in San Gim and wish to make a road trip to Pisa...I will be driving...is this a full day trip; any suggestions on intermediate stops; can't miss places, etc.?

15 Answers Oct 14, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    • Name of ceramic shop

by patriciamartino Online Now Aug 6, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Looking for a ceramic shop that is listed on my charge as La Terracotta. Want to order more items but can't find bill. Was there in June this year. Gorgeous shop on main street. Thank you

2 Answers Aug 6, 2010 at 11:32 PM
    • nalahacjr's Profile Photo

Horse Riding Day Trip

by nalahacjr Online Now Jun 16, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Hello to all -

My wife and I will be visiting the Tuscan countryside in early July. We are camping for a few nights in Barberino Val d'Elsa. She loves horses and I would like to take her on a horse riding day trip in Tuscany. We are renting a car and visiting some of the hills towns and beautiful countryside for 2 days, so I don't want an extended horse riding trek, just a a day trip. I was wondering if anyone knew of some around the Barberino Val d'Elsa area? We aren't planning on renting the car for the day we are doing the horse trip, so I would prefer something somewhat closer to the campground (maybe like a 10-15km radius), but we can take bus/train to get there, no problem. Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Also, for our 2 days of traveling in the car, if you have some "can't miss - must see" towns, drives, or spots I would love to hear that as well. Thank you so much!!

- Ryan

• Casale i due Merli in Chiusi

by mlaskin100 Online Now Feb 25, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Hello,

I stayed in an apt in Chiusi several years ago and seem unable to find it online. Does anyone have any information about the property named Casale i due Merli. The owners name was Mazza and very charming. We'd like to rent an apartment this summer but can't locate them.

Thank you.

Margot Laskin

2 Answers Feb 25, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    • CHIANTICLASSIC BASEBALL CAP

by ANtranig75 Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 1:33 PM

I purchased a baseball cap with the CHIANTICLASSICO BLACK ROOSTER LOGO on it during our one week stay in SAN GIMIGNANO. My 12 yr. old grandson fell in love with it and asked if he could wear it to school.
      He lost it!
      Can someone please give me the name of the shop in SG where I purchased it so I can buy another one (or two)? I cannot express how appreciative I would be for this information.

Contact me @ dadagian@comcast.net or if in the states, 508-542-5335.
      Thank you.

2 Answers Feb 21, 2010 at 5:00 PM
    • Getting to San Gimignano

by lindagowdy Online Now Jan 5, 2010 at 3:56 AM

Does anyone know if its possible to get a taxi from Pisa airport and approximate cost?

1 Answer Jan 5, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    • Help Please!!....shopping in San Gimignano

by strj25 Online Now Oct 16, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Spent a lovely day in San Gimignano and can just scream that I didn't buy the parfum I smelled in a tiny shop on the right hand side as you are walking up the hill. Does anyone know the name of the shop? I've tried looking at the town web site but have come up empty. Thank you!!

1 Answer Oct 16, 2009 at 11:55 AM
    • Transport from Pisa airport to San Gimignano

by Bidsta Online Now Aug 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I am arriving in Pisa on a late flight from Eidinburgh arriving about 9pm into Pisa, I am not too sure if its best to book a hotel at the airport to travel the next day to San Gimignano. Either way, what are my public transport options? Would appreciate some help. Many thanks

1 Answer Aug 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM
    • Staying in San Gimignano

by rbp Online Now Jun 21, 2009 at 4:24 AM

We are three couples that are thinking of renting a villa in San Gimignano for 2 weeks starting on September 5th. I have several questions that I hope you can help me with. First, how crowded is it at that time of year? Is it a good location to see the surrounding area? We have a car, any recomendations for things to see and do during our stay? We also enjoy wine and cooking, are there any wineries or wine bars that you would recomend or culinary activities? Thank you in advance for all your help. rbp

4 Answers Jun 22, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    • Traveling between san gimignano and pisa

by vanderbruggen Online Now Jun 7, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Does anyone knows how to travel from san gimignano to pisa?How aerly in the morning is traveling possible?

Greetings and thanks,
      Nathalie

3 Answers Jun 7, 2009 at 10:44 PM
    • San Gimignano and Volterra

by mij1 Online Now Apr 18, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Would it be too much to visit both in one day? Fairly in depth.
      We shall be based in Poggibonsi and have a car.
      Many thanks.

9 Answers May 30, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    • Waffle cotton towels

by earlenecomins Online Now Nov 5, 2008 at 6:03 PM

When in San Gm a couple of years ago I bought some beautiful waffle cotton towels. Since I have been unable to find any in NZ I wonder if anyone can help with the name and address or website of a shop there which sells this kind of linen. Some of the towels had monogrammes and none of the several I brought back has a manufacturer label on them. These were Italian made and great quality. I would appreciate some help.
      Earlene
      email earlene@clear.net.nz

4 Answers Nov 6, 2008 at 4:20 PM
    • azz8206's Profile Photo

Bus from Siena

by azz8206 Online Now Sep 19, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Hi all. I know I have to take a bus from Siena to San Gimignano. I want to know how long the bus will take?

2 Answers Sep 19, 2008 at 11:11 PM
    • xxgirasolexx's Profile Photo

San Gimignano to Florence by train? Any ideas?

by xxgirasolexx Online Now Jun 19, 2008 at 6:57 AM

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone has taken the train from San Gimignano to Florence. Where is the train station located in San Gimignano? I've been there before, but I don't remember ever seeing it. Also, do I have to change trains anywhere? Thank you for your help!

5 Answers Jun 23, 2008 at 5:09 AM