San Francisco

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to park/leave my bicycle?

by sfsfsf Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I'm renting a bike in SF and if I were to go inside a store or restaurant where would I leave it?
      I'm planning to eat lunch in chinatown so what do I do with my bike?

Thanks

more
    • Hotel advice

by Kblb Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Hello, could you tell me is the Best Western Americana( on 7 th street) in San Francisco an alright hotel for convenience ( easy to get around) price, safety and so on?

more
    • Information on transportation from airport to fishermans wharf

by Kblb Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 7:56 PM

So we are flying into San Francisco and driving down to Big Sur for a wedding. After the wedding our plan is to go back to San Francisco drop off our rental car and stay and tour for abit. My question is what would be our best bet for getting for the airport to our hotel down on fishermans wharf? There will be six of us.

more
    • tour buses

by Trick2014 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 7:12 AM

is any one tour bus company better than another ? specifically thinking about Muir Woods/Sausalito for one trip and Yosemite for another.

more
    • Means of Transportation

by lford5052 Online Now 9 hours ago

What is recommended means of transportation for getting around SFO?

more
    • flyme2themoon's Profile Photo

safe area to stay

by flyme2themoon Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Hi there,
      hope you can help!! I have planned a 7 night trip to Sanfrancisco in April Next year. There are 5 of us going so I needed to rent out an apartment. The only one I can find with the bedrooms and outside space in in lower Haight. Its actually on page and Divisadero. Would this area be safe to stay in and can we easily get to the main sights such as Fishermans Wharf and Union Square. I haven't been to SF since 1999 and then I stayed with relatives in San Jose so we just came for day trips.
      Kind regards
      Paul

more
    • Means of Transportation

by lford5052 Online Now 9 hours ago

What is recommended means of transportation for getting around SFO?

13 Answers 9 minutes ago
    • flyme2themoon's Profile Photo

safe area to stay

by flyme2themoon Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Hi there,
      hope you can help!! I have planned a 7 night trip to Sanfrancisco in April Next year. There are 5 of us going so I needed to rent out an apartment. The only one I can find with the bedrooms and outside space in in lower Haight. Its actually on page and Divisadero. Would this area be safe to stay in and can we easily get to the main sights such as Fishermans Wharf and Union Square. I haven't been to SF since 1999 and then I stayed with relatives in San Jose so we just came for day trips.
      Kind regards
      Paul

14 Answers Yesterday
    • Information on transportation from airport to fishermans wharf

by Kblb Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 7:56 PM

So we are flying into San Francisco and driving down to Big Sur for a wedding. After the wedding our plan is to go back to San Francisco drop off our rental car and stay and tour for abit. My question is what would be our best bet for getting for the airport to our hotel down on fishermans wharf? There will be six of us.

6 Answers Yesterday
    • Hotel advice

by Kblb Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Hello, could you tell me is the Best Western Americana( on 7 th street) in San Francisco an alright hotel for convenience ( easy to get around) price, safety and so on?

4 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 7:34 PM
    • tour buses

by Trick2014 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 7:12 AM

is any one tour bus company better than another ? specifically thinking about Muir Woods/Sausalito for one trip and Yosemite for another.

7 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 5:16 PM
    • Where to park/leave my bicycle?

by sfsfsf Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I'm renting a bike in SF and if I were to go inside a store or restaurant where would I leave it?
      I'm planning to eat lunch in chinatown so what do I do with my bike?

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    • Suggestions for a day itinerary

by crazymum Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Firstly can anyone please suggest where to park - we will be staying at Pinole/Berkeley and will be jet lagged - hence we could not face commuting in on public transport

Suggestions please as to what to see - OK we will want to see the famous bridge, but have been warned off Fisherman's Wharf as it is touristy. We would like to do a trip around the bay, but other than that we would appreciated suggestions of what to see - we are not into shopping. I have been pouring over the maps and we want to see as much as possible, preferably walking - would it pay us to buy a day ticket for the cable car??

Would it be worth our while doing a hop on hop off bus tour - also suggestions for a quick bite to eat - we're not against McDonalds as they fill a hole.

All suggestions greatly appreciated

19 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:47 AM
    • What car to use

by Timmy2466 Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Hi I'm doing San Francisco to salt lake via Santa Barbara Vegas Grand Canyon bryce thermopolis bear tooth yellowstone going end of May need to know what sort of car to use please is a convertable advised please

15 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    • sharrison4's Profile Photo

2 day itenerary for SF with kids?

by sharrison4 Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Would love advice on what to do in SF with a passel of good natured kids who like to be together. We are a family of six. Thanks!

7 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:52 AM
    • Fastest route Napa to SFO

by rene82 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I need to drive myself from Napa to SFO on a Sunday morning (plane leaves at 9am). What is the fastest route to take and how much time should I allow? The obvious choice seems to go down through Berkeley and across the Bay Bridge, but last time I took this route to downtown it was a nightmare and took me two hours (this was a weekday morning, though). Is traffic reasonable this route on the weekends, or am I better taking the Golden Gate Bridge down?

5 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 11:24 PM
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

breakfast restaurant

by Terje1966 Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Does annyonehave a good breakfast alternative

close to Grant Hotel Just outside chinatow?

7 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    • MTBManiac's Profile Photo

How safe is SoMa?

by MTBManiac Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 12:15 AM

We will stay in SF for 3 days in May and have booked an airbnb apartment in Bryant Street / South of Market.
      As far as I know it's not one of the safest places in town - how bad is it really?
      We are four adults, we do not have in mind to party all night long, but of course it might happen to come home after dark.

8 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM
    • KatDecat22's Profile Photo

San Fran/Montery/Big Sur Itinerary?

by KatDecat22 Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Hi...I'm planning a trip to California at the end of August. It will be both mine and my boyfriend's first time in the area. Originally we were planning on flying into Reno, spending a few days in Tahoe then checking out Napa and ending in San Fran. However, now I am second guessing that plan. It seems as if it will be better to fly into San Fran and stay there a few days before heading down the coast.

We hope to check out a Giants game, Alcatraz, Lombard Street, Fisherman's Wharf and some good food options. I also hope to go on a hike (beginners type) and do a day trip to the Muir Woods. Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Other things that would be helpful is your suggestions for where to eat, stay and any other sights that you consider a "must-see" **I am 23 and he is 25, if that helps. He is also a civil engineer and is extremely excited to see the Golden Gate Bridge so any other buildings or bridges notable please let me know**

Finally for San Fran, we hope to rent a car AFTER our time in San Fran so information on public transit and walking routes would be a huge help.

Now for the second half of the trip is where I need the most help: We are planning on renting a car and driving to Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park/Big Sur. I think that is as far as we plan to go...so any suggestions on what to see, where to eat and stay is awesome. I want to do this very leisurely and relax as much as possible. A few questions:
      1. Are the wineries in Montery area just as nice as the Napa ones? I love wine and cutting out Napa was a big compromise for me... also, what are your favorite wineries in the area?

2. I also was really excited to do some water sports in Tahoe, is any of this possible on the coast?

3. During this time of year is the water warm enough/safe enough to swim in?

I am not opposed to staying in Montery one night, Carmel one night then Big Sur area the next. How much time do you think we should dedicate to each area? We are planning to be in Cali from August 23-31.

Finally, at the end of the trip we want to head back up to San Jose to catch a soccer game (my boyfriend's good friend just got signed to the Earthquakes.) Would it make sense to fly out of San Jose instead of heading back to SFO? We are from NJ.

Sorry for all the info! Just a first time Cali trip and I want to make sure I make the best decisions!

Oh, one more question...while in San Fran we will be celebrating a special day for us...any suggestions for a special occasion restaurant? I was thinking maybe doing a sunset cruise ...any reviews?

Thanks so much! Any info is a HUGE help!

9 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 10:08 PM
    • Wedding reception/hotels

by hatter69 Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM

My fiancee and I are getting married in SF in April. Neither of us have been before and are trying to pick between the Intercontinental, Vitale and Monaco to both stay at, and have a small reception. Could anyone recommend any/all/others? I also wondered if the location of Monaco is okay, I've seen reviews where people complained about being on the edge of Tenderloin.

3 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM
    • Uss hornet

by Wondergran65 Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Is it better to travel by ferry or public transport to get from fishermans wharf to uss hornet alameda

4 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 11:47 PM
    • BruceH13's Profile Photo

asian antiques.

by BruceH13 Online Now Jan 9, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Are there a lot of antique stores in chinatown?Do any buy and/or sell jade?Not jewelry. Statuary?

4 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    • CarrieD76's Profile Photo

Genoa Place

by CarrieD76 Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 9:04 AM

San Francisco, Genoa PLace/Kearney St. Is this a safe are for vacation?

16 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 8:36 PM
    • What to do and how to travel around San Francisco using Public Transportation?

by ZawanahM Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 6:12 AM

I am planning of spending about a week in San Francisco before flying to LA.
      I am wondering what to do in SF via public transport?

10 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • Hop on Hop off bus tours/Bay Cruises

by crazymum Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 1:45 AM

Will be in SF on 11 & 20 June 2014. I have read mixed reviews about various companies and length of queues for waiting for hop on hop off buses. Accept that we need to do some form of bus tour to see the tourist sites of SF.

Any recommendations on bus tours to use and to avoid much appreciated, likewise on cruises around the bay. Staying at Days Inn hotel Berkeley/Pinole - so will drive into SF - plan to park around Fisherman's Wharf area - again suggestions for parking lots much appreciated - is it a good idea to pre-book and pay over the web??

Is there any form of local bus that does a loop of SF - know some cities have a public transport that covers the salient points of the city

Many thanks in advance for any info - and to those who have made this trip possible

2 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 10:27 PM
    • 2giants's Profile Photo

Don't know where to stay

by 2giants Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Heading to San Francisco for our anniversay. Arriving by air on a Friday afternoon in March, and leaving on Sunday night. We have never been, and are reading too many do's and don't as to where to stay. Seems like it would be Fisherman's Wharf, or Union Hill. Is one better than the other? We will not be renting a car, and will use public trans, and our feet. Would love some input as to favorite places to stay that won't totally break the bank. We know it won't be cheap. Which place is safer for walking around at night? Too old for night clubs, so it would be restaurants mainly that we would need to get to. Also would love suggestions on favorite places to eat.
      Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

13 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    • What is San Francisco like right after the new year's day?

by greentea03 Online Now Dec 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I am a computer science undergrad planning to have a 2 days trip to San Francisco. I am wanting to visit Stanford university, SF city, Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge and hopefully some more on Silicon Valley.

Unfortunately, I only have 2 options for booking a flight because of price. Jan 2nd-3rd or 8th-9th. The former is a non-stop flight with a several hours more to stay. My concern on this date is that it's the next day of the new year's day. What is Jan 2nd-3rd like in San Francisco? Stores/places closed? Nobody outside?

Thanks.

19 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 12:21 PM
    • whistleshrill's Profile Photo

Best meeting point for Golden Gate Bridge

by whistleshrill Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Hi all, my family of 6 will be taking two cabs to the Golden Gate Bridge from Lombard Street and from there, we will walk onto the bridge itself.

As we are travelling with young children, I would like to ensure that we meet at the best place possible.

Could you kindly advise on what is the best meeting point for our 2 cabs and what address do we tell the drivers?

May I also know where can I buy phone SIM Cards?

Thank you so much.

8 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 1:31 PM
    • Sally_chen's Profile Photo

Transportation from SFO airport

by Sally_chen Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Dear friends ,
      I am traveling to SFO in earlier DEC , I have finally booked hotel on Lombard Street, Marina District .Kindly help to inform me which station shall i get off if I take BART ?

PS: Anyone is familiar with LAX ? I will have 24 hours layover in Los Angels , not sure if the public transportation to downtown ( and Santa Monica ) is convenient if I choose the hotel at the airport .

Thanks for all advise
      Sally

20 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    • brazwhazz's Profile Photo

Golden Gate Transit buses

by brazwhazz Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to San Francisco in January with my wife and 2 young children. We will be travelling to Santa Rosa using Golden Gate Transit buses (either 72 or 101).

1) Does anyone know if these buses fill up quickly around mid-afternoon (say, around 2-3 p.m.)? If they do, we will go to an earlier stop on their route before Golden Gate Bridge Toll.

2) Are the bus stops easily recognizable, or are they the same as the MUNI vehicles?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

5 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    • First time visitors in San Francisco need a little help!

by fern9 Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I will be in San Francisco for the first time in November. There is so much I want to see, but I only have two days. Can anyone tell me if I would have enough time to see St Mary's Cathedral, Lombard Street, Mission District and Haight and Asbury all in one day? Are any of them close to one another?

On the 2nd day we want to visit Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 and the Golden Gate Bridge. How far apart are these 3 from each other?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

9 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    • elise_crash's Profile Photo

Getting from SFO Airport to downtown and other area attractions

by elise_crash Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM

My husband and I are going to be in San Francisco from Dec. 4 - Dec. 8. We are planning to stay in the airport area, because we got a good deal on a hotel. I am just wondering how easy/difficult it will be to sightsee during the day. My thought is that we could take the free shuttle from the hotel to the airport and the catch public transit from the airport to the sights. Is this a good plan?

10 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    • CanadianOne's Profile Photo

Travelling to SF with a 20 month old Nov 8-12

by CanadianOne Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Hey VTers!
      Travelling for the first time as a family to San Francisco and staying in the Potreo Hills Area.
      Any advise on sites and attraction for toddlers?
      Also, i want to take a picture of the Painted Ladies. Whats the best location to get the houses along with the skyline in the background. I think there's a park near by?
      Also, im thinking on one night out with my wife (thank god for family) who will watch our son. Any restaurant recommendations?

THANK YOU!!!
      Jorge

9 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    • discount car rentals at SFO?

by kensofree Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Has anyone tried Firefly or Fox rental companies at SFO?

10 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    • SindhuS's Profile Photo

How do I travel from SFO to Wildpalms hotel in Sunnyvale?

by SindhuS Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Hi! How to get to Wildpalms hotel in Sunnyvale 1 from San Francisco International Airport (SFO)?

I understand I have to take a caltrain 2. My questions regarding this are:

A). Which caltrain must I board?
      B). Is there a caltrain that will take me within walkable distance to the hotel?

1 maps.google.co.in/maps?oe=ut...

2 caltrain.com/schedules/weekd...

5 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    • SindhuS's Profile Photo

What kind of clothes and shoes must I pack for October?

by SindhuS Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I will be visiting Mountain View in October. I will be starting my day as early as 6 AM. There will be some walking in-between closely placed campuses. I will be heading back at 7-8PM in the evenings. What kind of clothes and shoes must I pack for California weather in October given my activities for these timings?

1. Should I pack I foldable raincoat or umbrella?
      2. What is the humidity like?
      3. I come from a tropical country and have never faced any temperature less than 18 degree celcius. As I noticed the forecast for California says 10-12 degree celcius every night, should I bring a overcoat?

Thank you.

20 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM