San Francisco Travel Answers

change location

Question title

by Lisanagle1 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Which hotel is a better choice Intercontinental Sanfranciso, or Intercontinenatl Mark Hopkins?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • westcoastdog's Profile Photo

Re: Question title

by westcoastdog Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Mark Hopkins! Great hotel at the top of Nob Hill. There is a bar at the top that has a fantastic view of the city. The Hitchcock movie Vertigo had scenes filmed there. Also, across the street is the Fairmont Hotel and its Tonga Room has a happy hour that should not be missed.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • terrilynnmerritts's Profile Photo

Re: Question title

by terrilynnmerritts Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Lisanagle1 wrote:
    Which hotel is a better choice Intercontinental Sanfranciso, or Intercontinenatl Mark Hopkins?

I would recommend the Intercontinental San Francisco because it is more centrally located, has better rooms, and the staff are friendlier. The Mark Hopkins is in a very steep area which is not walker friendly and the valet parking is around $60 a day. At the Intercontinental San Francisco, you don't need to be a mountain climber to get to any place of interest and you can get by without a car at all. Many of the rooms at the Mark Hopkins are tired. I am a longtime travel researcher if you wonder how I know. I get paid to check out hotels and other travel-related places (restaurants, shopping, etc). 

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines