San Diego

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• trolleyhow to use it and how to get advance tickets

by MoellerC Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 12:50 AM

can i take the trolly from the stadiume to the convention center and how late does it run,since i work till 12.30am

6 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    • iccuf's Profile Photo

Area to stay

by iccuf Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 7:13 PM

My husband and I are planning a trip to San Diego in June to run the half marathon. It has been 18 years since we were in San Diego. Should we get a hotel out by the bay or downtown in the Gaslamp District? We'll have a car, so I am not so concerned with getting to and from the race as what area would be more fun to be in. Is this district a place one would enjoy just getting out and walking around - day and night - or just a place to go to for a meal?

24 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    • Where to stay with a group of eight people?

by CarmenSastre Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 9:38 AM

We are a group of eight people and we want to stay in San Diego in March for a week! We want to rent a house at Pacific or Mission beach! Can someone recommend something?
      Thank you so much for your help!! Carmen

4 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    • Hotel in La Jolla or Mission Valley

by NYmomof4 Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM

We are vacationing in February for 8 days with our 4 children (ages 14, 12, 11 and 9). We are getting the Go San Diego card so we will be all over San Diego and will have a rental car. We spend our summers at the beach, so that is not important to us. We love staying at Residence Inns, would you recommend either the La Jolla or the Mission Valley Residence Inn? Thank you for any information or recommendations!

7 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 3:26 AM
    • ToddH's Profile Photo

one day in san diego

by ToddH Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM

We wil be in san diego for one day what should we see? My wife and i like different shops and exploring.

7 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    • moving to san diego

by ross_91 Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I am moving to San Diego at the end of December and am looking for advice on where to stay. I am a 22 year old male from Ireland and I am a college graduate. I will be trying to find a job before I get there but I am not sure if that will happen or not. Ideally I would like somewhere affordable near the beach, close to public transport, somewhere with accessible shops, bars etc and somewhere safe as well. I know it is probably not possible to have all those but any suggestions would be great and much appreciated, thanks :)

4 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    • What to wear in November

by creed003 Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 4:49 AM

I am visiting San Diego and Laguna Beach the first two weeks of November. Just wondering what people wear during that time period. Sandals or shoes? Capris or long pants? Jeans? For evening dining in a restaurant, a dress or slacks? I assume lightweight sweater would be needed? Thanks!

6 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    • Holiday Party

by hlgr34 Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I'm in charge of planning our holiday work party this year and am looking for creative ideas on places/activities/venues/etc. Something unique and different would be great being that I work for a 12 person advertising agency. I've only lived in northern SD for about a year (moved from the midwest) and still don't know all the best places to go for stuff like this. Thanks for your help!

13 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • September - one night in San Diego

by Elizabeth99 Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM

A friend and I are spending one night ( next Saturday) in San Diego. We arrive at the airport at 10 in the morning, and leave again Sunday at about 3pm. We want to make the most of the trip - we need recommendations for a hotel to stay and things to do. We want to have fun. We love historical places. Thanks!

12 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    • What area should i stay in San Diego

by LisaQuin Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Hi,
      Could you please recommend which area is nice to stay in for a family of 4 (2 x adults, 2 x kids, aged 4.5 and 6.5yrs).
      We will be travelling there from December 17th to December 21st (4 x nights).
      We want to take the kids to SeaWorld, the Zoo, Safari Park and will be hiring a car and driving from LA.
      We don't mind staying in a hotel or private holiday homes/apartments that you can lease for 4 nights.
      Thanks so much :)

6 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    • oscarorrego's Profile Photo

Hotel-Hostal in San Diego near to Balboa Park

by oscarorrego Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Could you recommend one or two hotels/inn good, nice and, cheap, close to Balboa Park, Zoo San Diego, USS Midway?
      How many time is necesary to spend for visit The Americas Outlet in San Isidro (San Diego - Outlet - San Diego)?
      Thanks

4 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    • Mexican border - Tijuana coach trip

by crazymum Online Now Jul 26, 2013 at 3:22 AM

Is Tijuana worth seeing - is it safe or would I be better off not including it in a trip and doing something else From what I can see it is just a shopping trip without any real Mexican influence and possibly a load of tourist tack - all opinions greatly appreciated

Thanks

12 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    • jagheter's Profile Photo

What's the must-visit Mexican restaurant in Old Town?

by jagheter Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 5:35 PM

If there's a better Mexican place outside of Old Town, that would be helpful, too. I'm looking for best food, not touristy.

13 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    • jagheter's Profile Photo

Camping north of San Diego

by jagheter Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Can anyone recommend a nice camping spot between Long Beach and San Diego? It doesn't have to be on the beach.

Thanks in advance.

9 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM
    • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Deep sea fishing

by Dymphna1 Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Need a recommendation for a place that takes people deep sea fishing for the day?

6 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    • San diego hotels

by kaldeb Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 2:37 AM

I am planning to travel to San diego in September with my son who will be studying at UCSD . Whish is the closest hotel to the university ? Is there good enough public transport to roam around the city ?

36 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    • Passport name and air ticket name

by Yellowchamp Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I recently purchased an international air ticket from U.S. to Canada round trip. The first name on the ticket is the short form of my first name (the first part of my first name) on my US passport. The last names are consistent. Will this be a problem when I check in or go through the security?

3 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 5:01 AM
    • Coaster Trips for Disabled Persons

by shar19431 Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM

My sister and I are both using power wheelchairs and wanting to get to Del Mar Horse Races on August 3rd and August 22 Is that possible and for how much money

8 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    • KristieS2's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

by KristieS2 Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Hi all,
      I'm heading to San Diego for three nights in september by myself. I was wondering what would be a good area for me to stay in? As I would like to be in walking distance to shops and restaurants ect. And also if possible somewhere that is easy to use public transport as I can't hire a car (I'm only 18). My budget is about $80 - $90 a night. I would prefer a hotel to a hostel.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    • I need to get 8 adults from Amtrak Station in San Diego to the Best Western Gaslamp

by marycummings Online Now Jul 5, 2013 at 11:50 AM

How much would this cost?

3 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    • Addison833's Profile Photo

4 hour layover with 18 month old

by Addison833 Online Now May 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM

We will be landing in San Diego at 9am and then our flight home doesn't leave until 1pm. Is there anything we could do with an 18 month old (zoo? sea world? other?) during that length of layover. We would have to be back at the airport by noon, so not a ton of time really, but a bit too long to be hanging out at an airport with a bored toddler. We obviously won't rent a car, so would need to take some form of public transit. Sorry, if my question is ridiculous or unrealistic! Our trip is actually to Arizona, but we're flying home via San Diego and just realized the length of the layover, so we've done zero research on this city. Hoping you fine folks can help steer us in some kind of direction - even if it's recommending we stay put. Thanks!

8 Answers Jun 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    • work

by sadie6 Online Now Apr 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM

i am going to San Diego to go to college although i am looking for a part time job at the same time. Does anyone know where i can work without a working visa? Other than the school.

2 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Where are the best places to Scuba Dive in San Diego and surrounds?

by Usctwin Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Hi All - I have been scuba diving at La Jolla Cove, but what are some other areas in San Diego or surrounds? Also, any recommendations on companies to go with? We like to dive with a guide since we're still fairly new. Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • Inland San Diego - any recommendations?

by belizeanbus Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM

We will be staying for several days near Jamul, which is inland from San Diego. Does anybody have an recommendations for things to do, places to eat, attractions, etc in that area?

I am very familiar with San Diego proper, so I know much of what there is to do there - I'm looking specifically for info on the interior region.

We are 2 adults and 2 kids, adventurous, outdoors-oriented, lovers of good food, nice parks, odd roadside attractions, etc.

Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    • toddecus's Profile Photo

What to do with a 4 year old and 2 year old girl in San diego this weekend?

by toddecus Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Headed down to try out the Loews Coronado Bay Resort

for the weekend. Any suggestions other than go to the pool as to what I should do with the girls?

Am aware of the zoo and sea world. Is there anything else I shouldn't miss?

10 Answers Mar 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM
    • Giulia_ua's Profile Photo

restaurants/bars/clubs

by Giulia_ua Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM

me and my friend will spend a weekend in San Diego in the beginning of May. what restaurants would you recommend (fish&sea food preference)? what is the best bar in the city?

thank you,
      Yulia

9 Answers May 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    • Re: Finally, heading for San Diego

by Hamilton.Sarah Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM

What's the best way to get from SD to LA?

7 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • 1st visit to San Diego, Returning from San Francisco need to plan route by Amtrak

by cavangal Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I am active, enjoy walking but since this is my first visit to San Diego, need help on best location for hotel. Senior citizen, so will enjoy few day trips and need help if I decide to travel along coastline, where I can overnight to enjoy ocean. Might consider Gaslamp area for first 2 nights to visit city highlights, am thinking of staying near Oceanside/Cartbad area for next few days. Are these good choices, going north and easy to reach with public transportation? Have been to Santa Barbara and San Lluis Obispo and would like to hear of other stops enroute to San Francisco that I can enjoy. Have been to Monterey and Carmel and if that is best choice will stop over again to enjoy. Last time had a hard time finding affordable hotel in Santa Barbara so need some choices if anyone can help. Many thanks.

23 Answers Mar 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    • Taxis at the Amtrak station

by annmar Online Now Jan 9, 2013 at 11:31 AM

How easy is it to get a taxi from the Amtrak station on a Saturday morning?

Thank you.

4 Answers Jan 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    • Trains into San Diego on January 12, 2013

by annmar Online Now Dec 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Does anyone know why the trains are not going into San Diego on January 12, 2013? Will I have problems driving to the Convention Center on that morning or early afternoon?

Thank you in advance.

4 Answers Dec 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM