San Cristóbal de Las Casas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travel from Cancun to San Cristobal de las Casas

by gabrielle08 Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM

We are flying to Cancun and would like to find an economical way to get to San Cristobal de las Casas in May. There are 3 of us and checking the air fares, they seem high. Would it make sense to drive? I understand it's about a twelve hour trip. Are there any interesting places to stop for the night?

more
    • travel from Cancun to San Cristobal de las Casas

by gabrielle08 Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM

We are flying to Cancun and would like to find an economical way to get to San Cristobal de las Casas in May. There are 3 of us and checking the air fares, they seem high. Would it make sense to drive? I understand it's about a twelve hour trip. Are there any interesting places to stop for the night?

4 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    • KadriZ's Profile Photo

San Cristobal to Belize by bus

by KadriZ Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Can anybody tell how to get from San Cristobal to Belize by bus? Is there any night buses? Please send me website where I can find the information.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM
    • KadriZ's Profile Photo

San Cristobal to Belize by bus

by KadriZ Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Can anybody tell how to get from San Cristobal to Belize by bus? Is there any night buses? Please send me website where I can find the information.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    • what is the best, most centrally located hotel in san cristobal de las cases?

by almagirl Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Who can recommend the best most centrally located hotel in San Cristobal de las cases?
      I'm bringing a small group in Feb. for an art and cutlural tour. 14 people.

• getting from las cristobal to cancun via guatemala

by mishuta Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 2:44 AM

What is the Best road to travel on between las cristobal to cancun via guatemala?

thank you

1 Answer Aug 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • Tour guides for touring areas surrounding san cristobal

by AL5132 Online Now Aug 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I will be visiting san cristobal and would like to do ecoutourism trips in surrounding areas such as Las Nuebes.
      I am looking for a guide that knows the are.
      Thank You

3 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    • sujane80's Profile Photo

Local tour companies

by sujane80 Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I am planning a trip to SC in July by myself and want to take a couple of guided tours of things like the waterfalls and the Mayan ruins - are there local tour companies there who run these all year round?

• Travel from Mexico City to San Cristobal de Las Casas by bus

by cotnerca Online Now May 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM

What bus should I take from Mexico City to San Cristobal de Las Casas? What are the times it usually runs? Is it a safe option or should I take a plane instead? Any advice welcome! :]

4 Answers May 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    • GLBT Community in San Cristobal de las Casas

by comprero Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 5:45 AM

I will be working in San Cristobal for a month this summer and am interested in connecting with the gay, lesbian, bisexual community; I have not been able to find any such information in tour books or on travel websites.

Please note---I am NOT interested in dating or a hook-up. I have spent a significant time in other parts of Mexico and am aware that it is a very conservative country. I want to be respectful of the cultural differences but am also looking to meet similar folks who I may not otherwise have an opportunity to meet and want to understand what their lives are like in Mexico.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 Answer Jun 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    • ralphjunior's Profile Photo

general car rental question

by ralphjunior Online Now Apr 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM

so i'm thinking of renting a car to drive from either san cristobal or tuxtla-gutierrez to cancun/puerto morelos in june. i checked on hertz/thrifty/etc sites and the prices seem the same as here in the u.s., around18/day....plus400 in taxes!!! please tell me that i can rent a car while i'm there without paying the taxes. or should i just bus it?

1 Answer May 1, 2010 at 5:40 AM
    • finding a doctor

by lostworld Online Now Feb 16, 2010 at 7:18 AM

My partner and I have been traveling for close to a year now and would like to find a doctor for some routine check ups. We are currently in Mexico and we will be in San Cristobal de las Casas soon. I have heard there is a small expat community here so we thought it might be a good place to find a doctor. Can anybody recommend a good doctor, preferably english speaking in the area, or a good place to find information. If somebody has information on doctors outside of San Cristobal in the south of Mexico that would also be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 18, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    • spanish classes and horsebackriding around san cristobal

by michellethomas16 Online Now Dec 12, 2009 at 10:40 AM

hola! my friend and i will be in san cristobal jan.- feb. any advice about a good language school and oppurtunities to see the area by horseback would be very much appreciated! we are solo females in our 50's, will probably do a homestay , and love to ride. we want to see palenque, and any other "must see " sites we are able to in 2 weeks. i will stay on and hopefully take a medical spanish course for my last week to help with my nursing career in california-again any suggestions or contacts will be appreciated. thanks!

• Flying from oaxaca into san cristobal de las casas

by zoossh Online Now Dec 5, 2009 at 3:27 AM

Is that possible? I googled and everywhere it derives zero results when i key in the dates. It seems that flights only connects mexico city and san cristobal....

4 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    • Travel to Motozintla

by maryweinstockgilbert Online Now Jul 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM

How would I travel by bus from Mexico City to San Cristobal?
      How long would the trip take?
      What would be the cost?
      How frequently does this bus run?

How would I travel by bus to Motozintla from San Cristobal?
      How long would the trip take?
      What would be the cost?
      How frequently does this bus run?

Is there any other bus route from Mexico City to Motozintla?

2 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    • travelling to San Cristobal from Cancun

by mowulms Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 5:49 AM

Hi, I will be going to San Cristobal de las Casas medium August, leaving from Europe. what would be the best travel route to take as a woman alone?
      I was thinking of flying to Cancun (since Mexico city is not that great) and then taking a bus to San Cristobal. I can probably best try to book this busticket when I already arrive there. Does anyone have better suggestions, and does anyone know about the travel time by bus? And any good bus agencies ?

Thank you!

7 Answers Jul 21, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    • In and around San Christobal de las Casas week before Semana Santa

by Harry05 Online Now Jan 4, 2009 at 6:49 AM

In the week before Semana Santa (till about Palm Sunday) I will be in and around San Christobal de las Casas, including a sidetrip to Palenque and after that I will continue to Guatemala (Xela, Antigua). About this a few questions:
      • Are there any special religious activities (processions) in this week in SCC or the villages around which are worthwhile visiting (the last I can stay is Palm Sunday)?
      • Good tour companies visiting the villages around SCC and Cañón del Sumidero, already read good things about Na Bolom and Raul and Alegandro. Any recent experiences?
      • Read somewhere the market in San Juan Chamula in this period is not on Sunday but on Friday. Is this corrrect?
      • Any social projects/schools/orphanage for visiting/supporting?
      • Other recommendations in this area?

Thanks answering,

Harry.

• Fly from Oakland, CA, to San Cristobal?

by zopilote Online Now May 1, 2008 at 7:11 PM

March 6th I came to Oaxaca and now am living in San Pablo Huitzo. I took the bus to San Cristobal where I found a house I’m going to move into. In June I intend to return to the US for a few weeks and then come back to San Cristobal. My question is: when I return to San Cristobal from Oakland, CA, do I have to do so via Oaxaca and the long bus ride over the mountains, it is possible to fly into San Cristobal, or (as someone has suggested) should I fly to Guatemala and bus from there?

2 Answers May 2, 2008 at 6:22 AM
    • rentals

by bluenoser44 Online Now Apr 19, 2007 at 8:19 AM

I expect to be in San Cristobal from aprox. October 20th to November 20th.
      We are looking for a house , casita etc for two people.
      Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

• spanish schools

by donndoes50 Online Now Feb 16, 2007 at 5:42 PM

is anyone familiar with spanish language schools in san cristobal?

11 Answers Dec 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM
    • wardski12's Profile Photo

Cancun to San Cristobal de la casas then on to guatemala

by wardski12 Online Now Feb 14, 2007 at 1:52 AM

Hi,
      I'm flying into cancun (because its cheapest) but ideally I want to get away as quickly as possible from anything remotely touristy, particularly in guatemala. Whats the best way to get into guatemala from mexico without going via belize. Is it true you can go from Cancun to San Cristobal de la casas then on to guatemala?

cheers!!!

5 Answers Mar 7, 2007 at 12:46 AM
    • bus travel from Oaxaca to San Cristobal

by edwart Online Now Aug 4, 2005 at 10:39 PM

Which bus line serves the Oaxaca to San Cristobal route? Any interesting towns in route for a possible overnight rest stop and look-around. How many hours does it take? Any on-line schedules or information.

3 Answers Aug 5, 2005 at 10:12 AM
    • http://www.cristobalcolon.com.mx out of service ??

by Mexicococo Online Now May 27, 2005 at 5:33 AM

down ?? the web site for bus from and to San Cristobal de las casas ?

thanks

4 Answers May 31, 2005 at 7:08 AM
    • taxing's Profile Photo

Palenque, Agua Azul and Yaxchitlan

by taxing Online Now Nov 19, 2004 at 6:18 PM

I have six days in December and would like to see San Cristobal, and then book a tour so I can see Palenque, Agua Azul and Yaxchitlan. Does anyone have any recommendations for a tour guide or company?

3 Answers Feb 17, 2009 at 4:14 PM